• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Woest Olympics Ever? (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
and has anyone noticed that the ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TO BE CRTICISING THE OLYMPICS IS AUSTRALIA
In fact we were asked specifically by ATHOC to give it a rest ...

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
porge said:
anyone else look at the greek site and be reminded of the sydney harbour bridge?
yeah, when the first long shot shown, i said "hey!", and my sis said, "wtf?!"

olay

HSC
i swear i heard that they did plan on putting over a covering but ran out of time to do so [i think for the pool??]. which would make sense because without that covering temperatures are hitting the mid 40s round the pool.

and they were struggling to finish, they were literally working around the clock [we probably were too in the 2000 olympics]. my brother was there under a week ago, and he emailed back saying he wasn't sure if they'd finish in time.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
no the pool wasnt meant to have a roof, and dont forget tgat 40's in Greece isnt like 40's in Australia, its probably the same as 25-30 (barely)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
yeahs the munich games where pretty distrurbing with the events!

umm i was dazzled when i caught glimpses of the opening ceremony (where they had statue like characters dressing,moving)

somborac

HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
the reason why so many fucking australians are complaining about the olympics is because AUSTRALIA HAS HAD NOTHING ELSE. the sydney olympics was meant to be a tourism card for the next 15yrs, well guess what, noones coming here because australia has nothing to offer

so for all u stupid, ignorant and downright retarded australians who keep criticising the olympics, GO FUCK YOURSELF
Fool! Australia has been voted as Number 1 tourist destenitation in the world by people all over the world. Sydney has been declaired one of the best cities to live in. To say that Australia has nothing to offer u r an idiot. It has sh*t load to offer, you just dont know where to look.

JUst DO it

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
jm, u dont know shit about the completion of the olympics, the buildings were completed on time and according to schedule
and does anyone remember that during the rehearsal of sydney opening ceremony half the stadium still hadnt had the seats put in, THAT WAS LIKE 3 DAYS BEFORE THE GAMES.

ziff u fucking moron, THE BUILDING THAT THE AUSTRALIANS SAID WAS MISSING A ROOF WASNT MEANT TO HAVE A ROOF, IT HAS THIS SPECIAL COVERING THAT ALLOWS FRESH AIR AND SUNLIGHT IN

the reason why so many fucking australians are complaining about the olympics is because AUSTRALIA HAS HAD NOTHING ELSE. the sydney olympics was meant to be a tourism card for the next 15yrs, well guess what, noones coming here because australia has nothing to offer

so for all u stupid, ignorant and downright retarded australians who keep criticising the olympics, GO FUCK YOURSELF

also, the media keep talking about "inadequate security", Greece has spent $2.5 BILLION dollars on security, 15 times that of Atlanta and 5 times that of Sydney, and guess what, GREECE HAS LESS THEN HALF THE GDP OF AUSTRALIA

and another thing, Australia had one of the worst anti-drug testing schemes in the HISTORY of the olympics, u think that marion jones and tim montgomery started taking drugs AFTER the sydney olympics?, i think not

and has anyone noticed that the ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TO BE CRTICISING THE OLYMPICS IS AUSTRALIA
you are so defensive

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
Australia has had nothing else?? what has greece had??? Australia has had plenty of things...and even hosted some of the worlds major events.
Australia has nothing to offer? you have got to be joking right?
If Australia has nothing to offer then why are you still sticking around?? and why are so many people wanting to come and live here and call Australia their home????

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I think that every olympics have been the worst ... they are so over rated and i think that the government could have spent all that money on something else. People are still gonna come to Australia and Sydney whether or not we had the olympic games ... it made absolutely no f**king difference.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
ozgirl86: if australia has so much to offer, why is its tourism market so crap atm
also, i didnt choose to live here, my mother didnt choose to live here, she came here when she was 18 and married a bastard and she couldnt go back. ill be the first to say that ive enjoyed growing up here, but my first home will always be Greece, first chance i get im going back (im hardly able to atm)

and yes, for tourists australia doesnt have anything to offer, the harbour? ayers rock? theirs no history here

Generator

HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
and yes, for tourists australia doesnt have anything to offer, the harbour? ayers rock? theirs no history here
Are you always so moronic? There is much more to a country than its built/cultural history.

Try exploring Australia before you make any more pathetic comments regarding its tourism industry and what it has to offer.

Oh, and it's Uluru, too (and guess what, Uluru's significance extends back far beyond that of any Greek god).

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
generator: i have explored Australia, and i dont like it, now because i dont like it doesnt mean no one else should, by all means love your country, im all for patriotism
nerd2die4: good on you (seriously)

nerd2die4

HSC
well then when you are ready to leave, you should do so. You shouldnt get slammed for wanting to live in greece, but youcant deny that australia is a great country.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
i havent denied that australia is a great country for some, but to me, greece is greater, of course im speaking from an entirely biased point of view being greek and all, but from what ive seen and experienced of both countries, Greece is far better, in culture, history and people

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
ozgirl86: if australia has so much to offer, why is its tourism market so crap atm

I agree with you there. except i wouldn't go to greece, i would probably go to germany.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)