Wollongong - bogan capital of the country? (1 Viewer)

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
That's puppy love for you =P

Anyway, to get this thread back on topic - I would assume there would be bogan encounters if say... UoW students were to roam outside the university?
Yes, if she were to venture to Crown Street Mall, she would make contact with bogans. Also the beach holds some colourful characters too.

Also, some shire bogans(not full on bogans), go to UoW too, which means, they may be on the train with her...

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Yes, if she were to venture to Crown Street Mall, she would make contact with bogans. Also the beach holds some colourful characters too.

Also, some shire bogans(not full on bogans), go to UoW too, which means, they may be on the train with her...
Encouraging for him much?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, now that I think about it - she's called, well - implied to be an elitist bitch by some of my female friends. So... I suppose she won't be talking to the bogans much.

My concern described on page 3 stands however. (post #35)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Well, now that I think about it - she's called, well - implied to be an elitist bitch by some of my female friends. So... I suppose she won't be talking to the bogans much.

That's an if remember.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC

Not that I am encouraging the continuation of this off-topic-ish conversation, but! Maybe Wollongong will be good for her then. Don't know how long an elitist will remain an elitist at UOW. She needs to go to somewhere in Sydney for ego-stroking ; )

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Haha, good call Deer.

(We're still on topic somewhat... talking about bogans and all, and the naturally linked subject of elitist-ness =P)

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Haha, good call Deer.

(We're still on topic somewhat... talking about bogans and all, and the naturally linked subject of elitist-ness =P)
What degree is she studying? Cos certain areas hold a greater proportion of Bogans...

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I haven't been following this thread at all really because I live far away from it, but I have a friend from Woolongong. Anyone remember good 'ol Khorne from around the forums... that'd be the one I know.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
I haven't been following this thread at all really because I live far away from it, but I have a friend from Woolongong. Anyone remember good 'ol Khorne from around the forums... that'd be the one I know.
Haha Khorne, yeh me and Deer know him...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
What degree is she studying? Cos certain areas hold a greater proportion of Bogans...
What degree? Heck, I don't know. Something like Creative Arts/Communications. Which is interesting because if we take the acronym of that "CAC", that is a homophone of the Afrikaans word for... human excrement.

Useless knowledge, ftw! =P

More seriously - I think there wouldn't be many bogans in Creative Arts because... people in that need genuine talent. And those who do Communications have to be at least literate - which bogans fail. Thus, we can be sure - my concern on page 3 still stands. It's an if, but it's a very likely scenario.

However, if she dare pick a man due to his "English skills" or "writing skills" - as we all know... I am 95% sure to be better at him in writing. =P

Arrogance and elitist attitudes, ftw!

And Khorne... the name sounds familiar.

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
Crazy Croatian indeed. Khorne lives in a pretty posh place towards the beach. As for the rest of Wollongong, particularly the west, meth clinics galore. And a 99.9% bogan dominated nightlife.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Not good. Should I tell people going there to beware of bogans?

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
If they're coming from the city everyday and spending most of their time at the Uni I guess it would be alright. If they're planning on living there then they better get used to crushing depression.

Last edited:

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
Bogans and a lack of anything to do outside of mediocre houseparties and shitty nightclubs. Some people enjoy the beach I guess.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Why do I have a bad feeling these houseparties involve... loss of inhibitions and clothing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)