Work harder in 2U maths? or Top General? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
It's all relative. What do you mean by "top" or "average"?

If top is like 90-100%, sure.

But if average is around 70-80%, you might as well stay in 2 unit maths.

Doing general maths is more risky.

pongers

HSC
Ahhhh, I'm in the EXACT same position. Like no joke. :spzz:

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
Who knows, in 2u, you might surprise yourself and do much better than you think. If you drop straight to general, you won't have that option.

AndreRieu

HSC
2U just stick with it, its not a very challenging course and if you choose general its not a major bludge to get good marks like you may think.

sannous1

HSC
Stik to 2un. i was in the same boat as u guys last year, i was so close to dropping, but thankfully i stayed, i workd hard , i was rankd lik 7/12 , then jumpd to 3/8 . ur putting in effort for general, why not put in a lil more effort for 2un?

LordPc

HSC
depends on what you want out of the HSC

do you want to study a really high UAI? do you want to do science or engineering at uni? with maths become a part of your future? yes to these indicate keeping 2u

or are you not very concerned with a super high UAI? perhaps you want to do arts or law at uni? yes to these indicate taking general

i dont think you can make this decision based on the local information of "top general or do average in 2u", you have to make this decision based upon other criteria

Jaylee42003

HSC
Um well I dropped down to general early term1 this year (as I don't need maths for my uni course) and I got my rankings back yesterday...I'm #1. So, it paid off. It's ridiculously easy, although not many people who have been in general from the beginning of prelim will like you because they will see you as a threat, and most likely think it unfair that you're dropping down and because you'll probably smash them in exams and assessments. But don't mind them. Do what is best for you.

Scinery

HSC
Never do general

if you cant do 2u

drop maths completely! Do it!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I advise anyone against doing General subjects. They are jokes of a subject, especially General Maths.

jaylee, I'll have to disagree with you there - I think if they take General, they don't really care about their marks and will just say, "Oh, it's another classmate". The competitive ones are always in the higher up classes.

Jaylee42003

HSC
I advise anyone against doing General subjects. They are jokes of a subject, especially General Maths.

jaylee, I'll have to disagree with you there - I think if they take General, they don't really care about their marks and will just say, "Oh, it's another classmate". The competitive ones are always in the higher up classes.
well i can tell u that at my school we have 4 classes of general maths and i am in the top and from personal experience, i can honestly say that these students DO care about their marks and r VERY competitive.

Tofuu

HSC
stick with 2u and just try improve your mark

truestar92

HSC
Stick with 2 unit its not that hard to improve your mark
i was failing math in year 11 and in year 12 i just put in a bit of extra effort and my marks improved significantly to 80%
just spend an extra hour or 2 on math a week and you'll see your marks improve

HSC
LOL general maths is not even maths at all, its like doing the social science subjects but with numbers and the questions given are not even maths related.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)