Working at Easy Way? (1 Viewer)

凍鴛鴦

HSC
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with working at "Easy Way"? I am planning to apply for a job, but I don't know whether they will accept me because I don't have any previous work experiences...?

Thanks in advance

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
You can dl an application form at their website...

But I'm not sure if they'll hire someone with no experience, coz a hell lot of people apply for jobs there.

凍鴛鴦

HSC
You can dl an application form at their website...
Yup, did that already.

But I'm not sure if they'll hire someone with no experience, coz a hell lot of people apply for jobs there.
That's what I heard as well. Do you think I should even bother trying? And as for the procedure to apply, do I just print the form, fill it in and then where do I hand it in to? Just to any Easy Way???

p.s. Anyone have any other suggestions as to where else I could work? Preferably where they speak Chinese at least some of the time, or that Chinese speaking ability is one of the job requirements (or does anyone know of any community magazines [such as Southern Courier] but has Chinese jobs?). I'm living in the Eastern Suburbs area, but City/Chinatown is also alright.

Stan..

HSC
I heard from a friend at school that easy way dosen't pay too well.. I am probably wrong seeing that word of mouth is usally crap.

凍鴛鴦

HSC
Stan.. said:
I heard from a friend at school that easy way dosen't pay too well.. I am probably wrong seeing that word of mouth is usally crap.
Well I don't really care how much I get paid. I just want some experience, that's all. And I want to work somewhere where I would enjoy it (hence that's why I'm looking for a Chinese job)

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Easyway pays 10+ bucks an hour. I asked one of the employees in the city. Plus you get free drinks which normally would cost 3+ bucks outside! And the job is easy and fun. I've worked at a drink store before, the only downside, really, was the weight gain :p

Try looking through Chinese newspapers. Australian Chinese Daily ( umm is that what it's called? its Chinese name is Au Zhou Xin Bao..it has a huge Saturday employment section. Don't fall for those job-centre ads though, if you apply for a job through one of these centres you need to pay a huge membership fee.

Last edited:

凍鴛鴦

HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
Easyway pays 10+ bucks an hour. I asked one of the employees in the city. Plus you get free drinks which normally would cost 3+ bucks outside! And the job is easy and fun. I've worked at a drink store before, the only downside, really, was the weight gain :p

Try looking through Chinese newspapers. Australian Chinese Daily ( umm is that what it's called? its Chinese name is Ou Zhou Xin Bao..it has a huge Saturday employment section. Don't fall for those job-centre ads though, if you apply for a job through one of these centres you need to pay a huge membership fee.
Cool, thanks for the advice. I had thought about looking through the Chinese newspapers too. So, as for Easy Way, do you think it's a waste of my time to apply for it? Definitely no chance, right?

chun

yeah i know

yeah my friends own s few easy ways one in strathfield and a potential one in hornsby but not open yet~~~
just go apply if ur a gal who can speak fluent mando or canto and definitely english but u can talk to me and ill see if i can put u in the strathfield one
my msn doraemondave@hotmail.com
yeah

凍鴛鴦

HSC
Hey chun, thanks for the offer, but I think Strathfield is a bit too far away for me. But thanks anyway!

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
凍鴛鴦 said:
Cool, thanks for the advice. I had thought about looking through the Chinese newspapers too. So, as for Easy Way, do you think it's a waste of my time to apply for it? Definitely no chance, right?
Go for it. Just give the form to one of the Easyway stores. If they're interested they'll contact you - good luck :D

凍鴛鴦

HSC
Go for it. Just give the form to one of the Easyway stores. If they're interested they'll contact you - good luck
Thanks for the encouragement :D Will give the form in ASAP. (Should I staple on a resume?)

is a roflcopter
HSC
lolol

theres a free spot in easyway wynyard
pay is 10 bucks for a starting employee
goes up to 12 after 500 hours of work
managers get 15 (which is totally raped imo)

and yes the best thing is the free drinks
you get one for every 4 hours work
and you can drink as much as you want during work

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Newbie said:
lolol

theres a free spot in easyway wynyard
pay is 10 bucks for a starting employee
goes up to 12 after 500 hours of work
managers get 15 (which is totally raped imo)

and yes the best thing is the free drinks
you get one for every 4 hours work
and you can drink as much as you want during work
u will get sick of it tho,,

stupid easy wway

they count teh stamps on teh card. i had 9 and they didnt let me get a free one. it so looks like a full one tho as a stamp covered teh 10th one.

haejin

Parramatta easy way has positions vacant right now, but seriously consider it.
5 hours of standing and making tea = $50 + sore feet +shoddy uniform + constant asians asking for coconut jelly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)