Working in free periods? (1 Viewer)

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
My tip is to just do Maths during the frees/studies. That seems to be the only subject that I could concentrate on (probably because I could stick in headphones and do one question at a time).

Anything that involves reading/essay writing - totally impossible (for me) to do around other ppl.

That, and finding yourself a seminar room (and lonerating yourself in it). That was VERY effective for when I had to really concentrate.
Exactly like me haha

luvtads

HSC
I study certain subjects in certain study periods
On Mondays - I study chemistry, just doing any homework or pracs.
On Thursday- I have a study period before maths so i just study maths.

And also i prefer sitting by myself and around people that actually work, it really helps.I feel guilty if i don't do enough work and just stay in during lunch.

I find it really hard to work on any wordy subjects at school, so for eng, hist and religion i study at home.

For my other two study periods I go tutoring :)
I try and use them as efficiently as possible.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Ours a called 'Private Study' and usually no one does any work unless everyone has the same assessment aka maths or english.

... or depending on the teacher we hit up Maccas.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Often I'll go to the art rooms and work on a piece that I'm doing... Otherwise I'll just sit up there and work on study notes. I bring my laptop and just work through the dot points, I have textbooks on my computer too, which makes it easier. It's methodical and doesn't require thinking.

I can't do any form of english in frees though. Eeee.

We are supposed to stay in the library too, but our teachers never check up.

Or if I am feeling stressed, I will walk into town and get some coffee :D Or raspberry black tea, depending on my mood... or choc chip chai... :shy:

vampsrulz

HSC
I need help to stay motivated!! Any ideas?? I make lists of what i need to do, put mini goals on my calendar, but I can never stick to any of them!!

JRO

HSC
I never did anything in my frees, got in a bit of strife for it too I might add. I always did work in them if I had an assessment in the upcoming periods and an assignment with a closing-in due date, but I wasnt ever as consistant as I wanted to be.

During term 3 I worked out how to do abit more. I have 6 frees a fortnight, and devised that as a miniumum, I would alienate myself from all distractions and get some serious 50minutes of work done for 3 of these frees. This way I knew that if I wokred for half the frees, I got to chill and basicaly piss-fart about for the other half. I got into a routine and its virtually become second nature. Then I 'upped the dosage' to 4 periods, then 5 [etc]...

Now, I find it incredibly awkward if I dont do work in them, and an element of guilt kinda comes into it too lol. I dunno how your school works mate or if this can apply to you at all, but give it a shot, you never know. Besides, doing work in frees and extraordinarily beneficial.

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
I have 20 ~55 minutes frees per fortnight (two per day), would it be effective to do all my 3U stuff at school and none at home?

or is 3+ hours of maths a day going to drive me insane?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I have nearly four hours of Maths on the self-named 'Super Tuesdays'. Maths from 9:40 to 10:35, then Maths from 1:30 to 4:30. Obviously not just Mathematics, it's Maths 2u from 9:40 to 10:35, and then from 1:30 to 2:25, then Maths 3u from 2:25 to 3:20, then 70 minutes of 4u.

Awesome stuff.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
I have nearly four hours of Maths on the self-named 'Super Tuesdays'. Maths from 9:40 to 10:35, then Maths from 1:30 to 4:30. Obviously not just Mathematics, it's Maths 2u from 9:40 to 10:35, and then from 1:30 to 2:25, then Maths 3u from 2:25 to 3:20, then 70 minutes of 4u.

Awesome stuff.
Gosh. Reminds me of last year, every second friday my class would have morning class, immediately followed by double maths. And after that I had a double free which I usually had to spend doing maths as well. That was a killer. Luckily there's no morning class for us this year o__o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)