Workplace Ombudsman (1 Viewer)

akrinis

HSC
How can I contact the Workplace Ombudsman. I'm thinking of making a claim very soon. However, I'm also not sure because I don't want to compromise my relationship with the management of my restaurant at Mcdonalds.

I got ripped off working on New Years Day, by $35. I wasn't paid for my orientation/induction and I wasn't paid for a supposed 'online module' that took 2 hours to complete.

I've got evidence to back my claims as well. I have the NSW Award, which includes public holiday rates and I have the email sent to me, and payslips.

Do you think I'll stand a chance? And what happens if the restaurant manager finds out about the claim and tries to sack me?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Talk to your manager first, voice your concerns, look at your rights. then go to them if there is still no action taken

akrinis

HSC
See, that's where my problems lie. My restaurant manager is such an easily hot-tempered person, and he gets pissed off easily at the crew. I really don't want this to go to the Workplace Ombudsman, but what can I do? I'm scared of the dude!

Can anyone, please, anyone who works at Maccas, tell me if there is a head office for McDonalds and how I can contact them?

I'm missing a total of $43 of pay thanks to my shifty manager.

HSC
i hear about heaps of people who don't get paid for the online module. I'd still go talk to your manager, regardless of how scary the dude is

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
The head office for Mcdonalds Australia is in Thornleigh, NSW:

21-29 Central Avenue
THORNLEIGH 2120 NSW
AUSTRALIA

I can't find a phone number for it, try looking at their website. When you get in touch with them, ask for a HR department or something.

Of course, try and resolve this with the restuarant manager first.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
if you took it right to head office, how much do you think he is going to respect you?

I would go up to him, and i would say, hey, I have a question. Do we get paid for ....? do it in a friendly tone, so he does not think you are accusing him.

and then I am sure this is just an accident but i am missing x amount of pay from New years. Can you check this out for me? (explain, hours worked e.t.c.)

akrinis

HSC
I can ask him again.. I mean, I asked him 1 and half weeks ago I think about it, and I even printed out the Award and gave it to him to see, and he said we're on a different award. But the other guy got double pay, so something is wrong obviously.

Since then, I think he must of assumed I forgot about the whole incident cos he hasn't got back to me yet. It's hard for me to imagine he's taking my claim very seriously cos I even gave him the payslip when I spoke to him about it.

I suppose there is no other way to do this... Two of my managers, the assistant manager and our shift supervisor think similarly to me. My shift supervisor even told me, 'yeah, we do' when I asked him if I get extra on public holidays.

It's very frustrating for me. I can talk to him again the next time I see him, hopefully then he'll have some answers for me, because no one else seems to know for sure.

Thanks for everyone's advice. I'm a bit erratic when I get upset, so apologies.

Last edited:

bdude

HSC
Are you in the SDA? You could try calling them and asking for some advice.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Wtf! Dont go to the Workplace Ombudsman.

You call up head office and let them direct you to the right department (heres the key words coming up) DIRECTED BY THEM!

Oh course if you call the workplace Ombudsman you going to have difficulties dealing with your manager afterwards. At least when you speak to a department that is linked to Maccas, you can get a better result overall.

akrinis

HSC
Are you in the SDA? You could try calling them and asking for some advice.
Sorry, but what's SDA?

i hear about heaps of people who don't get paid for the online module. I'd still go talk to your manager, regardless of how scary the dude is
Haha, I finally spoke to him today about it. The talk seemed to work out. He said he owes me two hours, so I'm guessing he's going to pay me in my payslip for this week, I HOPE.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Sorry, but what's SDA?

Haha, I finally spoke to him today about it. The talk seemed to work out. He said he owes me two hours, so I'm guessing he's going to pay me in my payslip for this week, I HOPE.
SDA are the Union who take $10 of your pay each week and funnel it into anti-abortion campaigns.

bdude

HSC
SDA are the Union who take $10 of your pay each week and funnel it into anti-abortion campaigns.
They're anti abortion since when?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)