Workshop - Improving Your Cadetship/Internship/Graduate Applications (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
I thought it was a really great event - a huge thanks to Trebla for all his effort in organising it.

There is just one point I want to reiterate which I kind of didn't do a good job of explaining at the event. You should always remember to retain your self-respect and dignity as an applicant. Many candidates have the mentality that graduate jobs are so rare and you they would be lucky to get even an offer. Whilst that is true to an extent, the graduate process is about you as well. You are selecting a business just as much as a business is selecting you. If you think an organisation is taking advantage of you or mistreating you, that should be a sign to you that maybe it isn't a great place to work. As someone who has been on the receiving end of some pretty poor treatment from recruiters and organisations, it's something that is very telling about an organisation's culture. Just because you are a graduate and hold little bargaining power, that doesn't mean you should have to accept poor treatment from a business.
+1 so much :) :)

Big thanks to Trebla for organizing such a helpful workshop and also to Ozko (IT WAS NICE FINALLY MEETING YOU IRL!), enoilgam and seremify :)

Defs learnt a lot from today and particularly enjoyed the mock AC! Looking forward for more of these to come! :D
definitely second all of this, especially the bolded part tbh :)

Thanks to all those that attended today. Was a pleasure to meet you all and hope you learnt a lot of useful information from the workshop! :)

If you have any ideas for these types of events you would like us to have in the future, please let me know and we will consider them.
Thanks a lot to you, Trebla, and your assistants (OzKo, Seremify, and Enoil). I cant imagine the hours you put into things like the powerpoint and the sample resumes and application form answers for us to critique etc. :)

Thoroughly enjoyed today and got a lot out of it.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks all for attending.

Trebla put an amazing amount of work into this event so big ups to what he pulled off.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
As someone who has barely any experience with the application process, this workshop has been a HUGE help for me. Each step of the recruitment process was explained thoroughly so I definitely feel less intimidated :) For those who couldn't make it, if a 2nd workshop is going to run some time in the future I would highly recommend you go.

A BIG THANK YOU to all the mods for their time and effort in making this event possible ^^

It was also great to meet new people :D It's nice to see the faces behind the usernames haha.

dirty_ink

HSC
Thank you so much for organising such an awesome day!

It was lovely meeting all who attended :)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Thank you OzKo, Trebla, Enoilgam, and Seremify for organising this event, it was really informative and helpful.

Also it was really nice meeting all of you :)

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
Seconding every thing everyone said! Fantastic event. Learnt a ton. Awesome meeting all your peeps. Many more meats to go!

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Details of the workshop to be confirmed very soon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)