• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

World Idol (1 Viewer)

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by routemarker
Channel 9 Shows 2 Survivor seasons a yr
[ie, Survivor: Amazon (Spring) and Survivor Pearl Is (Fall/Autumn) for 2003]
when a good show is made in the US they usually have 2 seasons a yr but Simon fuller stopped FOX from doing the same with American Idol because it would dry out too fast and the previous winner wont have alot of time to sell their albums before another winner is created...
thats exactly my point, i was wrong wit survivor, but because we have no real break from idol it will dry up very soon in aust, imo

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
yeah but with American idol 3 were not part of the voting process so viewers may drop very quickly and pick up when Australian Idol 2 starts...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
the reason it is still airing is because people are still watching it! Simple!...Do you think NINE is stupid enough to buy the series and air it at prime time so that not many people will watch it??!
prime time? maybe i haven't watched whatever channl it's on.. 9 u say, yeah i haven't watched 9 for years. but i thought it was on at some time like 9/10pm?
yeah but with American idol 3 were not part of the voting process so viewers may drop very quickly and pick up when Australian Idol 2 starts...
possibly, i think it will still be addictive, and leave aussies with the whole "what were the american's thinking?!" reactions

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Anyway, for someone who has the World Idol results show taped, please go back to the part where James and Andrew were introduced and when Ant and Dec are about to cross live to them in Sydney for the results, the audience laugh at James and Andrew which was strange. Do you remember??

I don't know why though.....Is it because Australians are weird in the eyes of the World?? :confused:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I also think Ant (Anthony) and Dec (Declan) are funny! their hosting is much better than James and Andrew.....

I mean they are so neat and everything, whereas our hosts are kind of messy.....Just a thought.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
I also think Ant (Anthony) and Dec (Declan) are funny! their hosting is much better than James and Andrew.....

I mean they are so neat and everything, whereas our hosts are kind of messy.....Just a thought.
we have different dress fashion styles - i prefer our hosts better..

ant and dec r pretty lame imo.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i havent read all the other posts, so this could have already been mentioned, but i noticed that kellys face kept dropping when kurts name was above hers, and then i heard today that she chucked a hissyfit when she didnt win.
is that true? is so, does anyone know what happenned?

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Anyway, for someone who has the World Idol results show taped, please go back to the part where James and Andrew were introduced and when Ant and Dec are about to cross live to them in Sydney for the results, the audience laugh at James and Andrew which was strange. Do you remember??

I don't know why though.....Is it because Australians are weird in the eyes of the World?? :confused:
lol well they laughed because they just stood there with goofy expressions on their faces because of the delay which was pretty funny.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
lol well they laughed because they just stood there with goofy expressions on their faces because of the delay which was pretty funny.
I thought so too. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I like Ant and Dec more.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by tooheyz
we have different dress fashion styles - i prefer our hosts better..

ant and dec r pretty lame imo.
i agree

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i think both sets of hosts are pretty cool...

lol remmeber james, "this will be bigger than a federal erection UHHH i mean election" :D

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
yeah, i dont mind ne of the hosts

however some of the jokes the hosts are pretty bad, while other jokes are all right

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
someone said before, the mod sai dif it has over X replies or over X views they sticky it

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
beacuse it's so popular, and we are still posting in it daily. well i suppose the daily posts woul dkeep it at the top anyway, maybe the mod wants soemthing to do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)