• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

World Idol (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think he will do great. as much as it took us a while to wark to him, i just think his original performances were not catchy. he has had experience now, and if he goes into world idol with something as great as when doves cry, reckon they will notice him from the beginning.

does anyone know if both kelly clarkson and rueben (sp) are going into world idol, or just kelly?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by *10#

i say go guy you champ stick it up all those other world idols - coz thats what im talkin BOUT!
Are you that Marcia lady or something?? coz that's the sort of lame thing she would say. If you are not, say be she should adopt you or something since you two are so alike.

Originally posted by iambored

does anyone know if both kelly clarkson and rueben (sp) are going into world idol, or just kelly?
yes, Both of them are competing. 11 idols in Total.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
Are you that Marcia lady or something?? coz that's the sort of lame thing she would say. If you are not, say be she should adopt you or something since you two are so alike.

yes, Both of them are competing. 11 idols in Total.
'that marcia lady' ? lol yeah they were imitating here

and cool, i want to hear both of them sing, but of course as always americal will have more of a chance of winning

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Guy has no chance of winning world idol, if for no other reason than the fact that he only won like 3 days ago and hasn't even got an album yet, so no one outside Aus has any idea who he is. Whereas someone like Kelly Clarkson is already well known.
But who cares? Theres no way they can do it that will be particularly fair, and I think it's more of a novelty than a serious quest to find "The Ultimate idol". (or at least thats how it should be seen!)
At least we don't have to be embarassed by out idol-imagine if Millsy had have won? Now THATS "meep!" ;)

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by *10#
really i think its good guy won it shows that Australia is growing up and forging our own identity
shannon would have to represent the traditional face of Australia - rugged bush larrikin 'workin class man' the kind of image that through most of the last century prevailed. But that image just isn't an accurate representation of australia in 2003 we have became a more diverse and multi-ethnic country
the fact that guy won Australian idol is indicative of our changing nation and especially our generations willingness to embrace our multicultural society...
YES!!, exactly what i was thinkin, if u saw the grand final show, they asked famous ppl who should win and why?
when ppl sed guy they sed he got an amazin voice, but when they sed shannon they sed nuffin bout the voice, jst that he's an 'aussie', and u had famous dickheads wantin shannon 2 win such as Bob Carr, Alan Jones and John Laws (and i think they're racist pigs)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol

yeah, but guy is aussie as well, i agree, shannon is a stereotype, guy is the real deal

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Either way good on ya Guy for this competition.
Best of luck in World Idol.........seriously, he's not gonna WIN it but he's IN it so i guess that's enough.
He IS good but not as good when compared to others. I go: Go Kelly!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
If World Idol is not a one-show thing, I hope Guy gets eliminated in the first round. That way, it will reflect the poor taste of Australian on music.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *evil laugh*

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i think it is a 1 show thing, its on a christmas eve, and then i think we got a week 2 vote

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
If World Idol is not a one-show thing, I hope Guy gets eliminated in the first round. That way, it will reflect the poor taste of Australian on music.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *evil laugh*
you still cant get over Cosima, aren't you Survivor?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
oh please. who had a better voice than guy in the top 12? cosima- in a sense, but she couldn't have gone through with the whole thing anyway. paulini - yes. i can't think of anyone else with a better voice than him

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
what's wrong with that? :)
i'm still supporting Cosima myself.
i think she'll try her best as always...there's nothing to argue, esp. wif those stupid stupid ppl on that Aus Idol message board.

American Idol is coming soon.
Oi, n e one gonna actually watch the 2nd Aust Idol series? I mean as "addicted" as this series?
Man, it dies out so quickly.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i will watch the 2nd series. but only when they get to the final 12. i'll see what the singers are like before i decide if i will be as addicted as this year!

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
lol, how on earth can u not watch the first few auditioning episodes? They make u laugh, it's soooooo funny...i kno it's slack but am i hurting n e one? :)
I don't think i'll vote or go crazy this time, ill prolly watch it from like a distance.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i was bored with the auditions, they show the bad ones later anyway... many times

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
the auditions r da best, its jst a cheap laugh

did ne body see that 16 yr old dude on the grand final show, that rapper dude, man if he was in the top 12 i dont think he'll be the first 2 go

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Yeah, Joel Turner or smthng......he's gooood, what's wrong wif him? :)
yEAH, He had to actually sing but!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
nuffin is wrong wif him, he is really good
all im sayin is that if he was in the top 12, ppl will actually vote 4 him instead of otherz like matt or kelly

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
All I'm hinting is that the Final two should have been Cosima and Paulini.
:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)