World of Warcraft (1 Viewer)

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
Blizzard will be too cheap to actually put a server in Australia >_< Heck their current servers aren't even working as it should be.

I can't be bothered levelling anymore characters (4 so far.. that's more than enough XD), so doesn't matter to me if they create new Aussie servers XD

Abide

Wie gehts?
HSC
N/A
I'm interesting in joining WoW (a bit late, yeah) but most my friends play it. :mad1: so I'm fairly left in the dark if they start to talk about it.

what's the deal with the payment options now.. can you can still buy those timecard things.. if so, where? I don't have a credit card.. or can you use paypal?

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
no paypal

credit card yes

prepaid card yes

ohh... if your friends on an established server.... its going to be an uphill battle to get into a good guild, unless your friends are already in one

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
So expensive.. $40 for 2 months prepaid card *sigh*

I think when you're starting out you shouldn't be in a more high-end guild anyway. They're not that helpful to you if you're in lower levels. I say find a friendly one, stick with them, and EVENTUALLY they will evolve to be high-end (or at least try to).

The guild I'm in just totally EVOLVED last night. They were only doing ZG (weren't doing well), then suddenly they decided to try MC.. and before they knew it they cleared up to Baron o_O

So yeah.. you never know XD

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
You also get 30 days free play, when you first play, which is good.

Abide

Wie gehts?
HSC
N/A
thanks thanks thanks... I don't think getting into a guild is my immediate concern, I should really learn how to play first. I've watched a video and it showed a bojillion buttons everywhere. :confused:

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Just finished a 10-day free trial thingie. Pretty cool game. I have a level 20 druid on Gorgonnash and level 12 priest on Frostmourne. I'm still kinda new on how to use the aggro system, or how DPS works, but once I get a better computer I'll probably buy the game. :)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Abide said:
thanks thanks thanks... I don't think getting into a guild is my immediate concern, I should really learn how to play first. I've watched a video and it showed a bojillion buttons everywhere. :confused:
dont be intimidated by the buttons, most are just random spells that you put on your hotbar so you can access them easier

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
I remember I was so happy when I got my first silver off killing a mob =O

Ahhhh those were the days...

Now it's getting old, but I still love it XD

Abide

Wie gehts?
HSC
N/A
went to eb today, they were having a massive sale... and world of warcraft was sold out. :mad1: and I thought I was the last person on earth to get it!

didn't see any of those game card things on sale either, I just rock up to the service guys and ask them?

edit: once I get going, anyone wanna help me get familiar with it? :D

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Abide said:
went to eb today, they were having a massive sale... and world of warcraft was sold out. :mad1: and I thought I was the last person on earth to get it!

didn't see any of those game card things on sale either, I just rock up to the service guys and ask them?

edit: once I get going, anyone wanna help me get familiar with it? :D
After an hour, you'll be fine :D

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
Abide said:
Yeah =D I get a lot of weird stares when I buy the gamecard, especially when it's a dude who's serving. Like girls can't play WoW, geez.

HSC
nickyroony said:
Yeah =D I get a lot of weird stares when I buy the gamecard, especially when it's a dude who's serving. Like girls can't play WoW, geez.
Yeah, still being the 1950s and all, it's really weird to see girls playing games. So much so in fact, that I call bullshit. No way is it conceivable that a girl could find time to play games, what with all the children to raise, cooking to do, laundry and so on. Even then, I seriously doubt they'd have the brain capacity for it :rolleyes:

In case you missed my point, I think it's pretty unlikely, unless you happen to buy your gamecards at a store which is staffed by people who just arrived from a recently opened time capsule, that anyone really cares that you're a female playing games. Yes, it was a novelty a decade or so ago, no, nobody cares anymore. You should investigate alternative causes for the stares, including but not limited to: you being checked out by indiscriminant male staff by merit of being female, you forgetting to wear appropriate attire, use of outlandish phrases in requesting said game card, your small-talk with the store attendant regarding your guild's monumental achievements, and so on.

There are a lot of reasons that people find to stare at anyone, and I have difficulty with the automatic assumption that the reason is that you happen to play video games and have a vagina.

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
There are a lot of reasons that people find to stare at anyone, and I have difficulty with the automatic assumption that the reason is that you happen to play video games and have a vagina.
Yes... and this comes from a dude with a dick. Maybe you can grow boobs and see how it's really like? =O

Oh wait, actually my bad... it must be cuz of my DDD boobs.. my tendency to bargain from the gamecard (cuz that's what Asian girls do right?)... or maybe cuz I'm actually blind?

Yes.. the possiblities are endless.

I don't mean to be rude, and I know that most of the time those stupid sexist barriers don't exist anymore. I'm not saying their 'weird looks' are a bad thing - sometimes they're just one of surprise. But you can't assume the world is so idealistic like that, especially when you're a guy.

HSC
nickyroony said:
Yes... and this comes from a dude with a dick. Maybe you can grow boobs and see how it's really like? =O
I don't really care what you've got, that was my point before and it still is. Gender isn't a concern of mine in relation to most things, gaming being among them. (Just for scoring purposes, gender reference on your part +1)

nickyroony said:
Oh wait, actually my bad... it must be cuz of my DDD boobs.. my tendency to bargain from the gamecard (cuz that's what Asian girls do right?)... or maybe cuz I'm actually blind?

Yes.. the possiblities are endless.
Previously I was making fun of your assumption that people were staring at you because you were female and a gamer. Unless what you're doing here is joining in the fun and teasing yourself as well, you've lost me. Seeing as we're going this route though, and applying asian stereotypes, I don't think the DDD thing measures up (puns +1, gender reference on your part +1).

nickyroony said:
I don't mean to be rude, and I know that most of the time those stupid sexist barriers don't exist anymore. I'm not saying their 'weird looks' are a bad thing - sometimes they're just one of surprise. But you can't assume the world is so idealistic like that, especially when you're a guy.
I wasn't saying that the looks were a good thing, just that I don't see a reason behind the assumption that it's because you like playing games, and not just because you were female. Frankly I find it more likely that they were just checking you out, rather than being stunned at the fact that there are girls around who dig gaming.

Your idealistic comment has also thrown me, I never said that there was no unwanted/excessive attention, just that I doubted it was caused by gaming. Unless it's more idealistic to assume that they were wondering if you'd sleep with them, rather than being surprised at the fact that you like warcraft, I don't really see how that makes my view idealistic.

On the one hand you're telling me that you realise that gender barriers don't exist, but every step of the way you feel the need to remind me that you're female and I'm male. Why? For someone who realises that gender barrier don't exist to the extent which they used to, you seem to make a big deal of it, which was my point in replying in the first place. (gender reference on your part +1)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)