World of Warcraft (1 Viewer)

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
Damn you're one of those that pick posts apart XD

Well I gotta go out now, so I'll come back and read later lol. But seriously, I don't really care.

Peace.

HSC
nickyroony said:
Damn you're one of those that pick posts apart XD

Well I gotta go out now, so I'll come back and read later lol. But seriously, I don't really care.

Peace.
Fear not, I'm not quite as moved by it as it may appear, I just find it easier to keep on track and not miss anything if I respond to posts section by section.

My point in short is just that a lot of girls who play games seem to make a really big deal of it like they're walking on the moon or something (Which in turn leads to other people fussing), while other girls I know who play games don't really make an issue of it all and in turn tend not to be fussed over, and it confuses me just a bit.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I can help level your level 20 druid on gorgonnash.
Sick. Might be a while before I can afford to build a decent computer though.

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Fear not, I'm not quite as moved by it as it may appear, I just find it easier to keep on track and not miss anything if I respond to posts section by section.

My point in short is just that a lot of girls who play games seem to make a really big deal of it like they're walking on the moon or something (Which in turn leads to other people fussing), while other girls I know who play games don't really make an issue of it all and in turn tend not to be fussed over, and it confuses me just a bit.
Ohh now I get your point ^^

I don't have an elitest attitude that just because I'm a girl who play games I'm cool. I was just pointing out that some guys still don't think it's common for girls to do that, and thus was just pointing out some of the attitudes that I get sometimes. FOR ME, a game is a game, everyone is equal (except for maybe in-game levels =P). But it DOES bug me sometimes if I get weird stares like "what the hell is she playing games for". It is because I think that there shouldn't be gender generalisation like that, that I feel that way.

If your girl friends doesn't have a problem with that kind of attitude, then good on them. I just didn't get your point before because you were acting like you think there are NO guys who would give me weird looks cuz I'm a girl who play games. So I was just thinking how would you know that cuz you're not a girl yourself, and thus not really know the attitudes that I get sometimes.

Anyway, now that I know what you really mean, sorry for coming across as rude before. Hopefully this gets my point across better too.

I'm out, peace ^^

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i play an alliance level 47 druid in stonemaul server
i cant decide on spec though ... 0/30/21 or 11/30/10
druids are so much fun !!
im gonna go on 3 month hiatus starting today ... so painful

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
A blue just announced that we're ALL getting Innervate with Patch 1.11 - so my respec last week was 5g wasted.

Basically, don't choose your endgame spec until you hit 60. While levelling do what you enjoy. I was a balance druid because I loved moonkin, casting and the huge mana pool helped my heals. Others prefer to get right in there and do damage (though to be honest I think the feral tree is seriously gimped, not enough moves for cats). Still others embrace their healer role and spec resto for mana efficiency (and virtual indestructability, with a double mana pool).

Once again, spec for FUN!

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
feral tree gimped? are you on drugs?

if anything, the balance tree is gimped as it relies on crits to draw on damage. feral allows more sustained damage overall, and you have to have good gear to actually utilise feral dps...

Abide

Wie gehts?
HSC
N/A
I was playing as a priest for some 15 minutes.. getting my ass handed to me by some bird strider thnigs.. then the server crashes.. :D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah Panda is right, Balance tree as a standalone is the most underpowered of all, but in combination with Restoration I feel it works quite well. Of course the very reason I respecced to resto was because balance was giving me a seriously hard time with PvP, the damage is dealt too slowly, and there are no defensive mechanisms besides the armour of moonkin form (which you lose as soon as you try to heal).

New 31 point talent for restoration is Swiftmend.

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
I don't know if I should rejoice or not o_O I'm not really understanding how Swiftmend works.."This new ability will consume a Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect to produce an instant heal." <-- not really getting that. Maybe there's an explanation later in the pages, but I can't be bothered looking through XD

Doesn't sound as cool as innervate though.

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
it will make the next rejuv or regrowth instant cast with its HoT element combined as a full heal.

i.e. Rejuv will heal 1200+ for 324 mana if you activate swiftmend instead of it being a HoT spell.. basically, like a mini healing touch. same applies for regrowth

that's how it is understood atm

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
Ohhh now I see... but that doesn't sound very effective o_O Especially if there's a bad cooldown time, then it's even more useless. Not useless.. but just.. less cool than innervate, I guess x_x

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
aww blizzard does care!

the other day i was farming away and some dumbass wanted to "Trade accounts with me" so i lead him on in the convo, took screenies and then reported him
got this in the emai ltoday

Dear Jarad,

Thank you for contacting the World of Warcraft Game Master Department.

We were able to investigate the character(s) that you have reported, and are
taking the appropriate actions. Please note, that due to privacy considerations
we will not be able to tell you the results of our investigation. If you need
additional assistance, please submit another petition when you next log in; we
will be happy to assist.

Thank you again for contacting us. We hope you continue to enjoy your
experience in World of Warcraft!

*** Please do not respond to this email as all conversations on this matter
would be best handled online. ***

Sincerely,
Shindase
Game Master
Blizzard Entertainment
www.worldofwarcraft.com

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
nickyroony said:
Ohhh now I see... but that doesn't sound very effective o_O Especially if there's a bad cooldown time, then it's even more useless. Not useless.. but just.. less cool than innervate, I guess x_x
That's not the point. You're not losing innervate, you're gaining swiftmend. The reason this is so important is now people won't HAVE to be a 31+ resto druid to get into a raid.

It means I can be a turkey again! It means my buddies can go catform again! IT MEANS WE CAN BE DRUIDS AGAIN. Not priests, druids.

As for its usefulness, imagine you've noticed one of the cloths is around the 60% mark. They're out back, so they don't need to be fixed up right this second - you throw a HoT on them. Then something nasty happens, they get a glancing shot (maybe an AoE, maybe pulled aggro) and hit orange. Before it would have been a "HOSHIT 2.5s HEALING TOUCH ON THE WAY" situation, but more often than not that time would be more than enough for them to die, or the tank would need it more. Now you can simply consume that heal over time you threw on them before and ALL the life that would have been restored over, say, 10 seconds would be applied immediately. This, my friend, is AWESOME.

At least, it could be. We have yet to learn the cast time, the mana cost, and the cooldown of this spell. The use of the phrase "instant heal" hopefully also means "instant cast", like nature's swiftness, but if it doesn't (which is possible) I'll be seriously disappointed. If it's very mana-costly it may be relegated to the "only use in cast-or-wipe situations" category, which would be disappointing given the widespread use of innervate now (as well as the "always on" effect of the other 31 point Druid talents). The same may be said if it has a very long cooldown, though I expect it'll probably be around the same as innervate has now (6 minutes, maybe 5) with the innervate cooldown extended to 10 minutes - if anything raids will be taking more druids now, so there'll be overall more innervates available.

Altogether I am personally pleased by this move, and just hope innervate will be considered a balance spell so it can be used by the turkey dr00ds who so desperately need it to be effective...anywhere. Maybe we'll even get another talent review in a later content patch, though since the last one was in 1.8 other classes probably need them more (cough nerf shaman/rogue/warlock cough).

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
warlocks are never gonna get nerfed, blizzard is happy with what we can do and where we are, and there is nothing imba about them. iam happy that the druid buff is working well for you though

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha! Serius, watch your back. Every other class in the game has complained about warlocks, and the devs know perfectly well how close to impossible it is to beat a lock in a duel. Your nerf is sealed.

Anyway, the new Alliance race has been revealed: Draenei!

The women are hot too.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Warlocks are easily the most overpowered class.. meh i've quit wow now since i hadn't been doing any uni work :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)