WYD08

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
im an SO outraged by WOrlD "YouF" dAY and Da LaWs dA government Is BrinGinG in I'm going To Wrte an essay here:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
doesnt this shit contravene section 116 by not allowing me to practice by religion (militiant atheist) during World Youth Day. This shit is homo. If you are a catholic you are a worthless waste of a human being and im going to get my wife pregnant then pnch her in Da StoMacH just 2 spite u. fuck u.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
So I heard they're shipping in some dead guy to be a feature of the WYD events.

Creepy. What are they going to do, mount him up on a wall or something and let people touch him for good luck?

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
nichhhole said:
Good for our economy?
How so?
it's meant to be a pilgrimage which i thought = avoiding luxuries like beds/toilets and opting for sleeping bags in catholic schools and portoloos. theyre teenagers.. how much of an effect can they really make on our economy? even the 20893131238912390 ofthem after we've pulled out so much from our own pockets.

i live in radnwick.. and thank the lord i'm out of sydney this time of year.
  • cost of visas
  • travel costs
  • taxes
  • accomodation (hotels, apartments - not all pilgrims are staying in homestay)
  • merchandising
  • corporate interests (http://www.wyd2008.org/index.php/en/pilgrims_registration/pilgrim_offers - there are many not listed inlcuding mercedez benz, sanitarium, tiptop, safcol, sydney airport, accor, mcdonalds is even providing a VIP pilgrim card
  • spending - WYD organisers suggest each pilgrim bring $400 as spending money

A lot of international visitors are not just here to pray. They will be seeing sights, spending money just like any other tourist.

there is money to be made.

And it isn't just teenagers. All ages will be present.

Last edited:

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Surely the accomodation side of it will earn a fair bit though too.

It still is a joke however.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
blakegman said:
Surely the accomodation side of it will earn a fair bit though too.

It still is a joke however.
um
READ THE LINK

NOBODY'S COMING TO WYD!

AND A SHITLOAD OF THEM R GETTING FREE ACCOMODATION

COZ THEYRE STINGY

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Hold on some simple maths.

If we take into account the $92,000,000 (That's MILLION) that has been invested in this farce and divide it by the FOUR HUNDRED (WHOA)

You get:

That's right. Two hundred and THIRTY thousand people need to come and spend that FOUR HUNDRED to even allow the endeavour to break even.

Keep in mind that $92,000,000 (again MILLION) doesn't take into account any of the lost economic productivity during the weeks of disruption [And the amount of money lost by the offensive T-Shirt Trade!].

The maths doesn't add up, the event doesn't add up. They aren't going to get 230,000 people even at a long shot, so no. You're wrong. GOOD DAY SIR.
It's more along the lines of $160,000,000 in taxpayer contributions when taking into account things such as compensation for the racing industry.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Hahahahah TAXES? TAXES?

You get REFUNDED YOUR GST WHEN YOU LEAVE. Fucking hell have ANY of you gone overseas?
How many are actually going to bother though if they only spent ~400.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Hahahahah TAXES? TAXES?

You get REFUNDED YOUR GST WHEN YOU LEAVE. Fucking hell have ANY of you gone overseas?
you get gst refunds only on tangible goods which you can carry on board of an aircraft (ie. hand luggage), with a value of $300 or more spent at one location.

Refunded GST will be minimal.

Last edited:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
we only need 400 thousand people coming to break even!!!!!!! woooooooo!!!!!!

hope the government rots for this shit.

which faggot agreed to allow these dumb cunts to come here. was it asian wifu or humphry b bear.

WannaBang?

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Every single one of them. Even then, the taxes on that would be a total of $36.36

36.36/7 = $5.194

Around about that.

Purely from GST.

That's only those who choose not to do it.

The maths doesn't add up. It's not worth it, it's a stupid event and I've got a calculator to PROVE it.
Mate, you're looking at the short-term cost of the event. This event may yield benefits such as increased tourism in the future.

Nonetheless, WYD is a crock of an event.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
WannaBang? said:
Mate, you're looking at the short-term cost of the event. This event may yield benefits such as increased tourism in the future.
I'm pretty sure I've heard politicians cite this an excuse.

Translation: We may, at some point in time, not necessarily the near future, have an increase in tourists. This can directly be related to World Youth Day. Praise Jesus. QED.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Year 2075. Morris Iemma Jr Jr is Premier of Australia. Increase of 0.75% of tourists from the previous year. Iemma: "Thanks to my grandfather Premier Iemma for allowing World Youth Day in Sydney for this direct increase in tourists. Who is laughing now about that 160 million dollars?"

WannaBang?

HSC
jb_nc said:
Year 2275*. Morris Iemma Jr^7 is Premier of Australia. Increase of 0.75% of tourists from previous years. Iemma: "Thanking my Great ^6 grandfather Premier Iemma for allowing World Youth Day in Sydney for this increase in tourists".
*Fixed

Road Runner

HSC
Whether you like it or not, WYD is going to happen.

About 300 000 - 500 000 pilgrims will come to the WYD event. TBH, I think that this is good for Both the Economy (regardless of what others might say) and Australia's future.

In the end really, the positives of WYD outweigh the negatives.

So for those guys against the event, you seriously haven't looked at the bigger picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)