Status
Not open for further replies.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
wot do u think caused such a change in the last 100 years
People...value systems. Scientific knowledge. Also , wasnt really just the last 100 years.
I dont really know that Christianity was very meaningful to many more people then than it is now. It was just more pc then.
Thats only my personal opinion :)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
take a guess
I dont know all i know is that we were and i dont think we are anymore, i think some people think differently, techically we are i suppose but i think the australian lifestyle is very secular it is under great debate

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I dont know all i know is that we were and i dont think we are anymore, i think some people think differently, techically we are i suppose but i think the australian lifestyle is very secular it is under great debate
do u think australia would be better place in the year 1901, ignoring technological advancements etc

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
do u think australia would be better place in the year 1901, ignoring technological advancements etc
depends on what u consider better

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
politik said:
For a majority of youth it is. When you leave your insular little Catholic-school world, you'll notice that.
Hey no offence , but I am not Catholic....and have never attended a catholic school:)

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
I don't see the big deal.

WYD is a fraction of the cost of the olympics and will attract more people.
HC says fed. govt. funding is a-ok.
The world (and its 1 billion catholics, 700mil christians) will have its eyes on Sydney for an entire week.

I say its a win-win for everybody.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
seriously catholics should just fuck off and take part in the orgys of delusions elsewhere thanks

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Thou shalt not annoy on Youth Day

EXTRAORDINARY new powers will allow police to arrest and fine people for "causing annoyance" to World Youth Day participants and permit partial strip searches at hundreds of Sydney sites, beginning today.

The laws, which operate until the end of July, have the potential to make a crime of wearing a T-shirt with a message on it, undertaking a Chaser-style stunt, handing out condoms at protests, riding a skateboard or even playing music, critics say.

Police and volunteers from the State Emergency Service and Rural Fire Service will be able to direct people to cease engaging in conduct that "causes annoyance or inconvenience to participants in a World Youth Day event".

People who fail to comply will be subject to a $5500 fine. [...]

Outrageous. What an appalling attack on our basic liberties.

Last edited:

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
politik said:
  • Stop using your 'but the olympics' arguement you fuck - the Olympics had 2 billion people on their television sets, WYD has none ("oh, why aren't they televising the events, aren't they relevant to all?").
  • The high court has one progressive member on its bench, its relevance today is near non-existent.
The money the government is spending isn't going into a Catholic Church bank account; it's going to provide services only a government can - public transport, policing and security, and the provision of venues. The cost of such services will be EASILY outweighed by the money these visitors (international, interstate and local) will inject into the local economy during their stay. The argument agaisnt govt. spending is based soley on your contempt for the church.

And as i like to throw in wild comparisons: the 2006 Commonwealth Games cost the Feds & the Vic Govt almost $900 million and didn't draw 125,000 international visitors.

boris

Banned
HSC
YAY! So fuck me, for a month Sydney might actually have trains that run on time.

And then what? Nothing.

Also you're missing the point about Olympics and other sporting events. The events themselves never attract a lot of visitors, but the tourism promotion Australia recieved during the Olympics was invaluable.

TheEM

HSC
charlieB said:
I say its a win-win for everybody.
i completely disagree it is not a win for everyday sydney siders, or taxpayers whos money could be better spent

Reyn Reyn

HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
by far agreed.
yeah i agree too.

with all those people critizing WYD,
why don't all of you just GO and try it out yourselves
instead of being such b*tches about it
saying "it's not worth it" blah blah blah,
I mean, you wouldn't like it if people said the same thing about what you believe in ... would you ?

boris

Banned
HSC
Reyn Reyn said:
yeah i agree too.

with all those people critizing WYD,
why don't all of you just GO and try it out yourselves
instead of being such b*tches about it
saying "it's not worth it" blah blah blah,
I mean, you wouldn't like it if people said the same thing about what you believe in ... would you ?
They do all the time.

Luckily for me, they're wrong.

Reyn Reyn

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Hold it at the Vatican then you fascist cunt.
well maybe there are heaps of people out there who actually do have a spirtual life, and it SHOULD NOT have to bother you at all. It's not like those people are doing anything wrong to you, or to this country.

The World Youth Day in Paris had heaps of critics, most french magazines seriously even said "we don't care about your church, bla bla bla bla... we care about our coffee, our fashion, so F*#% off" and you know what happened, WYD conquered it all with the spirit of Jesus Christ.

and SO WHAT, if the Popes coming, SO WHAT if pilgrimes are coming,
why should that have to bother all of you people? ~

boris

Banned
HSC
Reyn Reyn said:
well maybe there are heaps of people out there who actually do have a spirtual life, and it SHOULD NOT have to bother you at all. It's not like those people are doing anything wrong to you, or to this country.

The World Youth Day in Paris had heaps of critics, most french magazines seriously even said "we don't care about your church, bla bla bla bla... we care about our coffee, our fashion, so F*#% off" and you know what happened, WYD conquered it all with the spirit of Jesus Christ.

and SO WHAT, if the Popes coming, SO WHAT if pilgrimes are coming,
why should that have to bother all of you people? ~
I invite you to enter the does god exist thread.

I am interested to learn more about your beliefs.

Reyn Reyn

HSC
N/A
boris said:
I invite you to enter the does god exist thread.

I am interested to learn more about your beliefs.
give me the link please.

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)