WYD08

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
politik said:
EDIT: As to the general tone of this thread, don't be surprised when the Iemma Government is redfaced over the real financial gain the state will make, and the actual attendance figures (both of which will be substantially lower than predicted). By then of course, it will be too late to do anything about it, and
mother-fucking plumbers will ensure another ALP victory.

Yep, I've heard that hotels have only taken a tiny fraction of the expected bookings. One hotel put 400 bed nights aside and they've only booked 5.

So a) less people are coming than expected. Far less.
and b) they're all staying in free accom.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
Yep, I've heard that hotels have only taken a tiny fraction of the expected bookings. One hotel put 400 bed nights aside and they've only booked 5.

So a) less people are coming than expected. Far less.
and b) they're all staying in free accom.
the accomodation isnt free it costs more then the package without accomoadation

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Hmm. Maybe i would go actually....
Im not catholic , but i am interested in the catholic faith.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
yeh bro, rudd has totally overhauled federal government spending. the distribution of our tax dollars is now radically different to how it was under Howard.
the state govenment is the one that is helping with the bill not the federal, i think that catholic church should pay, its not as if they dont have enough money

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
Hmm. Maybe i would go actually....
Im not catholic , but i am interested in the catholic faith.
i know someone who is going to hand out tracts to all the people there (christian ones not catholic tracts)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
the state govenment is the one that is helping with the bill not the federal, i think that catholic church should pay, its not as if they dont have enough money
Hey Em:)
Would you think differently (about the church paying) if it were , say , evangelical celebration?
Im not sure what I think about Government money going towards it.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
i know someone who is going to hand out tracts to all the people there (christian ones not catholic tracts)
Oh ok:)
Why is that..? Wouldnt most of the people going there be Christians?
I had always thought Catholics were Christians? Just more , organised ones,lol:)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
no i dont think i would think differently, i think that the church can afford it they should pay, i know catholics that even think this should be the case

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
Oh ok:)
Why is that..? Wouldnt most of the people going there be Christians?
I had always thought Catholics were Christians? Just more , organised ones,lol:)
they have quite different beliefs, when i said christians i meant protestants. I disagree with alot of catholic teachings, search plenary indulgences in the wyd site and see what u think

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
no i dont think i would think differently, i think that the church can afford it they should pay, i know catholics that even think this should be the case
Fair enough:)
I guess maybe the government might've wanted to put towards it also, simply cause its probably a good thing for young people to be involved in. ( as opposed to many other youthie celebrations)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
they have quite different beliefs, when i said christians i meant protestants. I disagree with alot of catholic teachings, search plenary indulgences in the wyd site and see what u think
Yes , well i am aware of the differences obviously ,but then i have differences with most churches.
Its like you know the Jewish Rabbis, back in the day , they EACH had a particular interpretation of scripture , and their "disciples' would follow that interpretation.
I think there are many things our protestant churches have wrong. Mind you , i think we have alot right.
The other day at church i was thinking how the songs i was singing seemed to glorify my own emotions (like , you give me such joy , oh living for you , im so happy la la la). I dont know , i feel like maybe protestant churches find it easier to forget the one they are meant to be worshipping. It becomes a bit diluted ,selfish and self righteous sometimes. Or maybe its just me:)
I love my church and i know im meant to be there...but i always try to keep in mind that all Christians (that acknowledge Christ as Lord and saviour) are part of the body.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
oh i know some protestant churches can have wrong beliefs, i look for a church with good biblical foundations, good quality teaching, and great fellowship

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
oh i know some protestant churches can have wrong beliefs, i look for a church with good biblical foundations, good quality teaching, and great fellowship
is Australia a Christian Nation

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
was australia founded a christian nation
yes, i believe so ( i could be wrong) but i am pretty sure that we were but if you look at society now i think we are very secular

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
yes, i believe so ( i could be wrong) but i am pretty sure that we were but if you look at society now i think we are very secular
wot do u think caused such a change in the last 100 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)