• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

World Youth Day 08 (1 Viewer)

WYD08

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Re: Condoms For All

a) a young catholic wants to have sex before/outside marriage (a grave sin).

b) But doesn't want to use contraception (because it is frowned upon by the church).

....:rolleyes:

Is there any evidence which illustrates a direct relationship between rates of STD's and scope of influence of the church?

If you don't have sex before marriage, you have nothing to worry about.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC

CharlieB said:
If you don't have sex before marriage, you have nothing to worry about.
If you stay locked in your room in a bubble all your life you have nothing to worry about!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

And yeah, I want to Catholic schools for both primary and secondary school, and we were definitely taught the ins and outs of contraception and safe sex.

Get it? Ins and outs?

CharlieB said:
Is there any evidence which illustrates a direct relationship between rates of STD's and scope of influence of the church?
Africa, Catholics, HIV rates.

You pious fool.

Last edited:

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC

Schroedinger said:
STDs can be inheritable diseases. So claiming an abstinence till marriage plan is about as fucking stupid as sticking your head into an oven and turning it on. You advocate the former, and I advocate the latter.

I pray to your non-existent sky fairy that you do choose not to copulate because the last thing this suffering planet needs is more credulous fools who think in the same black and white terms you do.

Go feel guilty about something, you utter cunt.
If you choose to marry someone with say HIV transmitted by a blood transfusion, use contraception.

whats the big deal?

Slidey said:
And yeah, I want to Catholic schools for both primary and secondary school, and we were definitely taught the ins and outs of contraception and safe sex.

Get it? Ins and outs?

Africa, Catholics, HIV rates.

You pious fool.
evidence...? Or can you only find that ridiculous quote from a African arch-bishop.

And what scope of influence does the church have in africa? Not much. I know that where the church does have influence, they do a lot of teaching regarding HIV.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

CharlieB said:
If you choose to marry someone with say HIV transmitted by a blood transfusion, use contraception.

whats the big deal?

evidence...? Or can you only find that ridiculous quote from a African arch-bishop.

And what scope of influence does the church have in africa? Not much. I know that where the church does have influence, they do a lot of teaching regarding HIV.
Are you some kind of fucking moron? The Catholic church is the biggest religion in Africa.

Probably the toughest time in anyone's life is when you have to murder a loved one because they're the devil.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC

no, coptic orthodox is. Which has no modern ties to the catholic church or the vatican.

"Christianity" / "catholic church". Make the distinction.

I would love to stay and argue lads, but i have a full day of evangelising ahead of me.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

CharlieB said:
no, coptic orthodox is. Which has no modern ties to the catholic church or the vatican.

I would love to stay and argue lads, but i have a full day of evangelising ahead of me.
Have fun flagellating yourself.

ikDG

HSC
what are those big white tents placed in random places for?

lala2

Banned
HSC
I have never ever seen Sydney so congested before (I don't go in on Boxing Day sales and for New Year's I go to just next to Luna Park). People walking everywhere, with those orange backpacks...it was interesting seeing the different national flags and I only saw one group singing along the length from QVB to uni, which wasn't too bad--I was expecting a concert of sorts *rolls eyes*

And they didn't clog up the buses too badly, in fact the bus was half full from Neutral Bay to QVB and from QVB to uni. Then again, they were poaching all the buses and I must've seen at least ten "special" buses along Military Rd with pilgrims in them.

beentherdunthat

HSC
hahahha todai was funni

we had all these ambulances and emergencies set up
and all those volunteers
fire fighters
and there was NO _ ONE
OMG
LOL
the only emergency would be someone dying of boredom

TOMMOROWS GUNA BE A KILLER :(

Oh well - i love all the souvenirs though :eek:

Fireworks went off last night!! :D

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC

CharlieB said:

edit: my bad

coptic is the largest christian denomination.

in terms of numbers in africa
Christianity > Islam
Islam > Roman Catholic

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I have a pilgrim passport that I am going to use to get to Chatswood and back to Lane Cove for free... lol.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
You never know when/how many fake crucifictions go wrong though...

zstar

HSC
N/A
Catholicism is a sham.

And Benedict looks like emperor palaptine from star wars.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I saw pilgrims up on the platform at Flemington station today, which was really random because if they wanted to go to Olympic Park they should change at Lidcombe. And I could see them from where the Vietnamese seafood shop was on Henley Rd because of their orange backpacks. Whoever designed this backpack designed it well--very eye catching. I must've been about 500m off.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

Explosions Hurt said:
Islam is biggest religion in Africa.

You're such an idiot. :rolleyes:
My post was so serious, hey?

And it's actually Christianity, regardless of whether or not we are only including Sub-Saharan Africa or actually add the Islamic Middle East. Try reading the thread next time, because Charlie_B already pointed this out. They teach reading comprehension in primary school, so you should probably pick up a few classes. As an added bonus, you'd fit right in with the peer group.

beentherdunthat

HSC
we saw the pope B- E - N - E -- D i C T o
hahahaha
THE MUSIC WAS SHITTTTTTTYY stupid concert- scared away all the pilgrims
stupid strreet chorus WTF WAS THAT

'twas a good day i just want to know WHY i had to walk to CENTRALL!!!

far out wynyards like up the street no?

The harbour is going off tonight it is SWARMED with pilgrims. its a good week so far.

Mojohi

HSC
The stations of the cross looked very good on television. Good work to the organisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)