worst air travel/ things you hate most about air travel (1 Viewer)

philphie

Banned
HSC
You guys are so hard to satisfy. Well if you can just bear third world United til San Fran then it is also a hub for Virgin America. But do tell, I've never flown them before, it will be my first time, what is so bad? Also have either of you flown with Lufthansa? I have 4 short and long haul flights with them on my trip.
United Flight Attendants are so bad, most of them are over 50 and are so slow to do anything, they are also total bitches. plus their planes are quite often not cleaned that well. in flight movies suck as well. i hear Lufthansa is good from my parents, it's German so you expect efficiency

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I see, I see. Oh well it gets me where i want to go for a fucking cheap price so I'll put up with it. Yes imagine Lufty is run like a hot chip, everything German is. Thanks for this insight.

ilikebeeef

HSC
take off.
Lol, take off is my favourite bit.

I love aircrash investigations, dont mind border patrol either
I like border patrol. I love aircrash investigations.

lol i wished they had it on the plane as an inflight movie or something
Lol that would be epic.

and for me the insanely long flight time and the small leg room= legs goes completely numb. and probably when there's turbulence and the plane suddenly goes up and down and left and right
I hate sitting behind a person who decides to put their seat back so much that it begins to invade my limited leg space. I also HATE sittin next to a person who suddenly decides to fall asleep on my shoulder.
hate it when someone takes up the entire arm rest.
Long cold flights, unable to sleep during night time flights.
+1

broken remotes and TVs.
I'm glad I haven't experienced that.

On another note, Hong Kong Airport is awesome.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Hong Kong is awesome all together, except Victoria Bay, that place is wet garbageland

kyokaku92

HSC
i hate going through customs. it takes so long
and i hate long flights (sydney to japan- 9 hours) :|
i hate the food you get on the plane.
Yes!! I fucking hate Australian customs, they open your suitcase and when they take out a pair of joggers you bought from Amsterdam, they're like (with a grouchy and irritated face) "what is this and that?" and I'm like, "it's a shoe you retard" and Sydney airport makes every other airport in the world look massive.

I also hate how some Airlines have no backseat TVs, shit food and the turbulence is extremely loud, especially come landing time, other than that everything is fine.

btw 9 hrs is nothing compared to the 23 hrs I endured flying to Europe.

*Minka*

HSC
Very specifically booking a window seat and then being moved into the middle of 5 seats by incompetent airlines.

Being stuck next to a fat person who takes up both their seat and half of mine.

Crowded long haul flights where you can't really lie down on the seat next to you and sleep.

Unrelated, but fucking border control between Serbia and Kosovo is THE thing I hate most about travelling. It is so hard to go into Pristina to see my cousin because I am Serbian citizen. You are not even REALLY a country Kosovo, so knock that shit off.

astroe

HSC
Jetlag, Turbulence, Food and juveniles on the plane, especially the crying variety. And the shitty feeling you get after sitting for 8 hours non-stop or so.

KarmaKitten

HSC
I will be travelling Jetstar to Hawaii, and from Hawaii I will be taking Delta Airlines to NYC in June. Never taken either of them, I just hope they honour my booking window seats! I hate sitting in the aisles and being knocked by the trolleys.

5233andy

HSC
British Airways and their Terminal Five at LHR...

I flew BA from CDG to LHR, not long ago. The flight was delayed 5 whopping hours. There was literally nothing to do at T3 of CDG. After landing at LHR, we had to wait 30 minutes for a gate. Immigration was slow and inefficient. Over at baggage reclaim, thousands of passengers waited along the carousels waiting for their bag. At my designated carousel, there was only one bag rolling, after 1.5 hours. Whoever owned that bag must've been pretty darn lucky. It was then around 2:30am, when it was announced that baggage reclaim had closed for the night. The next day, I phoned BA's baggage services department and was greeted with a 30 minute waiting period. The representative then advised us that there were tens of thousands of bags at T5, meaning that a physical search for our bags at their warehouse would be futile. Three weeks later, three out of four bags arrived home. The remaining one was sent to Canberra. After it was picked up by the courier, they decided to ship it to Hong Kong, which was my stopover city for a week. One more week later, it arrived. I'm surprised the wheels of the suitcase didn't fall off...

Oh and I hate the fact that every time I wanted to view the flight map on Virgin Atlantic's V:port system, the system would crash and have numbers and meaningless words appear on a black background. The system required 15 minutes to restart...

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Very specifically booking a window seat and then being moved into the middle of 5 seats by incompetent airlines.

Being stuck next to a fat person who takes up both their seat and half of mine.

Crowded long haul flights where you can't really lie down on the seat next to you and sleep.

Unrelated, but fucking border control between Serbia and Kosovo is THE thing I hate most about travelling. It is so hard to go into Pristina to see my cousin because I am Serbian citizen. You are not even REALLY a country Kosovo, so knock that shit off.
Hey I'm going to the Balkans later this year.. What is it like for a Western tourist? Also, i hear Belgrade is a good town to make party, is this true?

British Airways and their Terminal Five at LHR...

I flew BA from CDG to LHR, not long ago. The flight was delayed 5 whopping hours. There was literally nothing to do at T3 of CDG. After landing at LHR, we had to wait 30 minutes for a gate. Immigration was slow and inefficient. Over at baggage reclaim, thousands of passengers waited along the carousels waiting for their bag. At my designated carousel, there was only one bag rolling, after 1.5 hours. Whoever owned that bag must've been pretty darn lucky. It was then around 2:30am, when it was announced that baggage reclaim had closed for the night. The next day, I phoned BA's baggage services department and was greeted with a 30 minute waiting period. The representative then advised us that there were tens of thousands of bags at T5, meaning that a physical search for our bags at their warehouse would be futile. Three weeks later, three out of four bags arrived home. The remaining one was sent to Canberra. After it was picked up by the courier, they decided to ship it to Hong Kong, which was my stopover city for a week. One more week later, it arrived. I'm surprised the wheels of the suitcase didn't fall off...
This is definitely the funniest bit of the whole story.

kramxel

HSC
i hate air travel
oh if only there were still ships sailing to south east asia :(

im scared of the plane falling out of the sky, and terrorists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)