Worst Case Scenario In HSC Exams (1 Viewer)

04er

HSC
Komaticom said:
The worse-case senario during HSC exams is having a sunnavabitch of a brother/sister/intruder who superglues your watch to your wrist. During every exam the supervisor tells you to remove it, and you can't. Result?

SUBJECT HSC EXAM
English Advance 0/100
English Ext 1 0/50
Maths 0/100
Maths Ext 1 0/50
Physics 0/100
Chemistry 0/100

UAI: 34
What the fuck...

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Another senerio: i was studying 4 my Visual Arts exam last yr and my teacher was freaking us out getting us to study mountains of shit (even giving us an extra text book to study cover to cover with about 300 or so pages) so being that kinda student I worked my ass off and studied all the stuff i was told to. Only to discover when I open the exam paper and flick to section II that none of the stuff we were meant to study applies to any of the exam questions!!!! I was freakin' out big time and thinking "I'm so screwed"
But it was all good I got 81!!! for a subject I sucked @ all year

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Komaticom said:
The worse-case senario during HSC exams is having a sunnavabitch of a brother/sister/intruder who superglues your watch to your wrist. During every exam the supervisor tells you to remove it, and you can't. Result?

SUBJECT HSC EXAM
English Advance 0/100
English Ext 1 0/50
Maths 0/100
Maths Ext 1 0/50
Physics 0/100
Chemistry 0/100

UAI: 34
:confused:
Is this a hypothetical situation, or did this actually happen to you or someone you knew?

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
fornstar said:
i had 3 worse things happen 2 me

1) my pencil case zipper broke. so i was using a piece of wire 2 open and close it. on the day of my general maths exam, as im bout 2 sit down and write my BOS number, i realise that ive lost my piece of wire.

freaking out, i get one of the ladies 2 get sumthn 2 open it ...
i thought that you have to put all of your stationary in a clear plastic sleeve, and all your valubles in another plastic sleeve that you place under your chair. cos they make us do it at our school, even the non-hsc exams

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
table for 1 said:
i thought that you have to put all of your stationary in a clear plastic sleeve, and all your valubles in another plastic sleeve that you place under your chair. cos they make us do it at our school, even the non-hsc exams
Why valuables?
You need to put your watch on your desk, and mobile phones should be left outside the room...what's left?

pebbles

HSC
table for 1 said:
wow...who would want to steal all those hsc papers??
That happened at a skool in our town too...(unless were both from here?!) and everyone was heaps cut by it...seems pretty outrageous tho hey.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Why valuables?
You need to put your watch on your desk, and mobile phones should be left outside the room...what's left?
wallet? i don't know. whatever else ppl wanna bring in. if they don't have any valubles, then they don't have to bring anything in. i thought you could bring mobile phones in, as long as they were turned off

pebbles said:
That happened at a skool in our town too...(unless were both from here?!) and everyone was heaps cut by it...seems pretty outrageous tho hey.
maybe some students had connections with the driver and they were all in it together, to play a prank, except they went too far and couldn't return the papers cos they were too scared, so just burned it all and caused a house fire. or maybe, some students, or mayber even teachers, plotted to hijak the original truck and replace it with an empty one, but forced the driver to keep driving as though nothing had happened, or else they'll kill his family. oh, and they swapped the licence plates so no one realised.

but seriously, that's so hard to believe though. really strange. i hope no one suffered from it though. did anyone? i would so die if it happened to me. unless they gave me a really unrealistic uai, placing me somewhere near the top. which is really unlikely, since my school exams/assessments are sucking right now

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
In my school certificate for maths I went through as quick as possible (it was only sc) cos they let u leave early if you finish early. Xcept I missed the whole last page cos I couldn't be stuffed checking, I came out and everyone was like, 'what did you think of this question' and I started thinking oh boy... but it was ok cos I got 70 or 80 something

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
table for 1 said:
wallet? i don't know. whatever else ppl wanna bring in. if they don't have any valubles, then they don't have to bring anything in. i thought you could bring mobile phones in, as long as they were turned off
At my school, they ask us to leave all valuables (incl. mobiles) outside in our bags. During official HSC exams, I don't think mobiles are even allowed in coz supervisors aren't going to check everybody's mobiles to make sure they're turned off + you can just turn it back on after they've checked.

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
haha, so funny now we look back at them, although at the time i bet a lot of ppl honestly would have thought their lives over.
me, i caught a fever 4 times during the year: during term 1 half yearlies, term 2 assessment periods, trials and hsc. it was like a curse or something. i studied with a piece of wet tissue stuck on my forehead. lol! hsc was worst, i almost fainted after the first english exam. there wasn't much else, apart from my parents lots arguing during hsc, and finishing when i finsihed my exams. but i did okay in the end.
oh yeah, i was late to a 4u maths school exam once, by about 5min and got let in and got extension. it was only afterwards that they found out i had fever. it's a terrible feeling, really.
chem practical exam, my lab partner knocked a measuring cylinder from the bench which smashed to bits on the floor next to our feet, she then spilt a flask of water all over the bench on both our papers. the teacher was generous enough, she just cleaned up the whole thing and told us to continue. but she was incompetent enough to drop a flask next to my bench and step on it as she walked past. let's just say i was victim that day.

HSC
I panicked real hard when I had written a two page answer for Crime Fiction in the Eng Ext 1 paper... since my topic was Revenge Tragedy.

I am a believer in overbringing pens. You tend to think 'better bring another one, just in case.' I wound up with 22 pens, 5 highlighters, and 3 calculators... in a Modern History Exam...

BTW, with the superglue thing, nail polish remover removes superglue...

sladehk

le random
HSC
you're sitting at maths and you open the paper and you find incomprehensible mathematics problems and realize you're doing 4 unit maths and you don't even have a clue what calculus is!

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
sladehk said:
you're sitting at maths and you open the paper and you find incomprehensible mathematics problems and realize you're doing 4 unit maths and you don't even have a clue what calculus is!
haha. although you might as well quit right then and there if you dont know what calculus is and you've been doing it in maths since year 11. :p

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
whiterabbit said:
I panicked real hard when I had written a two page answer for Crime Fiction in the Eng Ext 1 paper... since my topic was Revenge Tragedy.

I am a believer in overbringing pens. You tend to think 'better bring another one, just in case.' I wound up with 22 pens, 5 highlighters, and 3 calculators... in a Modern History Exam...

BTW, with the superglue thing, nail polish remover removes superglue...
Hmm...22 pens.
Has anything provoked this e.g. a pen running out in one of your exams?

tennille

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Hmm...22 pens.
Has anything provoked this e.g. a pen running out in one of your exams?
During one of my maths assessments, my blue pen ran out. Then I had to use my black pen which also ran out. I resorted to using my red pen in the end.

candi_licious

haha last year they had only 10 eng ext 1 papers, the supervisors were freakin out when they seen 22 of us waiting outside, somehow the papers got mixed up with the exam after it and we had to end up doing it, and the supervisors played a prank on the physics students, saying that the papers got lost and we didnt have to do the exam :| also for my chem prac last year, we had to do a titration, because im short i had to climb on a chair to place the acid thru the funnel, somehow i lost balance and the whole prac fell and smashed to pieces, needless to say that was our last titration funnel we had in the department..oops... lucky my teacher was understanding and let me do it a following lesson... damn that hsc.. makes ppl go crazzzy!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Tennille said:
During one of my maths assessments, my blue pen ran out. Then I had to use my black pen which also ran out. I resorted to using my red pen in the end.
I guess that would explain it.... :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
in the maths sc my calculator died, my desk collapsed twice on its flimsy little legs and the person next 2 me had a cold and was sniffling, horrible slurpy sounds, every 5 seconds. but i didnt care coz was only sc, and i did ok anyway.

the worst ever thing that i can possibly ever imagine happening is u spend the whole exam answering the wrong question in the wrong way and then realise when u have like 30 secs left. how devastating!! also little things like uncomortable exam rooms can be annoying - in the sc trials last year it was so so so so so hot in the hall, they had all the fans on full power and cramped everyone together in the shady part of the room so we didnt die of sunstroke. also in the english sc, the hall had to be sprayed for mites and it stank like hell.

B

badhairday

during the preliminaries, i was once late for an exam because the train was delayed by 40 mins. Though it was only the prliminaries it turned out alright because they generously gave me extra time.
From that experience, i learned never to turn up late for an exam ever again and never to trust public transport (although i never did).

But one of the worst case scenarios has got to be waking up late and forgetting all about the exam :) that'll be the day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)