Worst Mistakes You've Made At Work (1 Viewer)

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Quite apart from forgetting to turn up for 2 shifts within a month, my boss told me yesterday that I forgot to lock-up one night, and he had to drive back to the pharmacy in the middle of the night. And it's like, a 30 minute drive.

But for some reason he wasn't angry at all.

So what stupid things have you done at work, and how much trouble did it get you into?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Assumed a USB drive was working when it wasnt.
It had to be up and running cause about 8 people were meant to be using the data that night for a presentation that was due for the next day. They couldn't access it and get ANYTHING done.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
At one of the larger insurance companies I was working at for my employer...I had been at that client just one day! I deleted one whole partition worth 13 years of work! Thank God the guy wasn't angry.

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
In a call centre I've left myself logged in at work so calls were coming through for about 20 minutes until someone noticed. It was late at night so few calls were coming in though.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
when i started working at my first job when i was in yr 10 some sleazebag customer managed to con me into giving him 100 bucks. i thought i was giving him a refund because he had a receipt for something but he could see i was confused and managed to somehow get a 'refund' when he hadn't bought anything to start with. i was so mortified when i counted my register at the end of the day and found it was out by 99 bucks. :eek:

it was only like my third shift or something though so i didn't get in trouble, my boss just took me aside and decided to explain the refund process to me properly :eek: :eek:

tennille

HSC
I've done something similar to that when I was still working on checkouts. I lost $50 and was so pissed off that I informed security and watched the video surveillance during that time. Alas, I couldn't find him. :(

I was lucky I didn't get counselled.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I was leaving work holding a bundle of parcels and shitloads of invoices to mail out. I also had in hand a bank deposit envelope, with about several tens of thousands of dollars worth of cheques in it. I would do this everyday after work for a year, mail the mail, deposit the deposit.

Down goes the bank deposit envelope into the postbox.

Two hours go by, finding the post office, consulting the guy there, calling a number, staying on hold, giving details, calling work, explaining how shit I was. All the while, freaking out about a whole several $10,000's.

I was only forgiven if the money returned.

Funnily enough, it returned to the bank, and shortly after, ANZ deposit envelopes now have "DO NOT POST" on it. I don't know if it was from me, or me being one of the few that made them change it.

hahahaha.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Spill a drop of specimen suspected of M. tuberculosis in the laminar flow cabinet and not know where it went. In short I had to pour the phenolic acid all over the bench to decontaminate it.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Accidently spilt diesel fuel into ammonium nitrate fertiliser ... I have no idea how dangerous it was, but the next twenty minutes were very tense.

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Accidently spilt diesel fuel into ammonium nitrate fertiliser ... I have no idea how dangerous it was, but the next twenty minutes were very tense.
Dude, you just made an explosive. The same kind that was used in the London bombings. Probably not in the right ratios, but you got the ingredients.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I'm aware it was explosive, but like I said, we had no idea if it were in the right ratios, so we had no idea how dangerous it would be. It was a very tense twenty minutes while we got rid of the bag of stuff, but I'm pretty sure fuel had been leaking into it long before I spilt the fuel in the first place.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
but I'm pretty sure fuel had been leaking into it long before I spilt the fuel in the first place.
That totally justifies your mistake then.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Nakashima said:
That totally justifies your mistake then.
If you don't mind, I'll do the sarcasm around here.

It didn't justify my mistake, it simply meant my mistake was a lot more dangerous than if the fuel hadn't been leaking into the ammonium nitrate.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Mike Ockisard said:
you guys used to get along so well with your old accounts..

to be honest i cant think of any mistakes ive made at work, atleast none that ive been caught for
Most of that was a running gag that 99% of the forum believed.

But more importantly, people change.

Skeeta

HSC
Switched off the fridges from the mains on my first night of closing on my own. Miscommunication.

Lost $500 worth of stock.

*hopeful*

HSC
whilst working for a bank,
withdrawing amounts instead of entering it as a deposit, putting wrong account numbers in for deposits,
putting $22000 into the wrong account all easy to reverse if picked up in time (which they were thank god)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
*hopeful* said:
whilst working for a bank,
withdrawing amounts instead of entering it as a deposit, putting wrong account numbers in for deposits,
putting $22000 into the wrong account all easy to reverse if picked up in time (which they were thank god)
i wish you put that into my account

kkkkaitlyn

HSC
some guy who was mute came into work one day
(i didnt know he couldnt talk) n he just kept pointing at the board n i was thinkin um theres a lot of things on that board... so im like 'wat would u like' n he just kept pointin so i kept sayin it louder n then one of the people i work with handed me a pen and paper.. was fairly embarassing
i also dropped a large bucket of ice in the middle of the store once

and a lot of other little things haha training there was very poor

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
accidently dropped a limited edition 275ml bottle of Giorgio Armani's Acqua Di Gio splat on a tiled floor. it broke into pieces leaving the place smelling like the fragrance for hours. =/

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
denise_ said:
accidently dropped a limited edition 275ml bottle of Giorgio Armani's Acqua Di Gio splat on a tiled floor. it broke into pieces leaving the place smelling like the fragrance for hours. =/

did all these guys come out of nowhere and start rubbing themselves on the floor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)