yeah under australian law its illegal
but they got married islamically
she also fell pregnant at 15
and shes 28 now with 3 kids happily married
wanst forced...or nething

i dont think its wrong
unless u r forced..or like seriously getting married for the wrong reasons
its like having a b/f
my 16 yr old friend moved out with her b/f ...whats the difference..ur married or defacto..no biggy
OGM SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE, BURN TEH HEATHEN!!!!1111

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I wouldn't. Against what most people believe, there IS more then one "right person" in the world for you.

Evansy

HSC
nick1048 said:
18 is still hormones going wild stage, I'd at least wait till early twenties (tweens) and if the gurl was serious she'd wait to. I mean it's not as tho the love stops just cause u dont get married at 18, it just shows u really dont want to rush things and have taken the time to really ensure the marriage will last. Then again there's always reasons for marriage, sometimes a child together, so yeah really depends on the context. :) Great question tho, wonder what the rest of the BOSers think

Yeah i would wait till im atleast 21, i have always like that number to get married, but i would have to be with the girl for atleast 3 years before i would make that committment, coz after 3 years, you wuld know if it was right or not to make the next step. Marriage is something you dont want to rush, there are way to many people out there who get married at an early age and then realise that they made a mistake and get a divorce. thats why these things need to be really seriously and you got to make sure that this is the person u seriously could see yourself dying next to..

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Marriage is for the weak.
Be a playboy and fuck all your life.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Perhaps, if I knew they were 'the one'... and so I suppose if they were 'the one' I would know, and so just answered the question. But... marriage? I dont think I'd marry them because I figure that if they are my 'one', they wont mind waiting until I finish uni at least! And if they did mind, then they would only be my 'one right now'.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
18's too young to get married. if i know i found the right person, i would marry them... later.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
wtf.. I was on retreat last week or something.. exactly same question, what school and where did you goto lol?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
one of my friends got married at 18 to some guy in his 30s...

jumb said:
I wouldn't. Against what most people believe, there IS more then one "right person" in the world for you.
what? really, are you serious?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
this girl in my grade is 17, i think, and she's going out with a guy who's like 23, who fixes their computer :confused:

Skeeta

HSC
if my bf (3yrs)proposed atm i would probably die of shock, im just starting uni (hes starting college) -and am dependent on my own family and in no way am prepared to start my own no matter how in love with him i am.

the notion is nice - but its not realistic

GSTARRAW

I got married when i was 8.... mehh i have 6 kids and im now only 17...
I love my life.

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
sunjet said:
wtf.. I was on retreat last week or something.. exactly same question, what school and where did you goto lol?
i think it's a standard activity for retreats. i've heard of a few people doing the same thing.

llamasohee

HSC
i went on retreat too like 2 weeks ago or something like that and exact question too. what school do you go to sunjet?

sunjet said:
we also played gay games.. standard?
what kinda games?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
virgin^sexy said:
i had my yr 12 retreat last week and we had the teachers reading out statements and we had to decide whether we strongly agreed, agreed, were neutral, disagreed or strongly disagreed with their statements.

one of them was 'if i found the 'right' person at 18, i would get married'. i've been thinking about it heaps and i think i would, although i'd probably rather wait a while to make sure they're right for me.

what would you do? i'm assuming they mean that you would get married at 18, or else it's a stupid question. post reasons or whatever you like.
Wait until mid twenties, cause most ppl that marry young get divorced becuase they grow apart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)