would you do it? (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
virgin^sexy said:
um, what do you mean by a normal relationship? cos i was answering skeeta's question about whether i'd be ready to move out and start a family and i don't think you can really decide whether or not I'M ready for that.
Well Married Vs Non-married

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
honestly, i don't think much within the relationship would (or should) change if i were to get married. obviously it's a more serious commitment than being boyfriend and girlfriend, but i don't really think that that sort of commitment should be reserved only for those people who are 25+ (or any age that people say is 'old enough'). i would imagine the biggest difference would be spending a LOT more time with the person, but if you love them that wouldn't be a bad thing at all. lots of unmarried couples live together, i don't see any difference.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
virgin^sexy said:
honestly, i don't think much within the relationship would (or should) change if i were to get married. obviously it's a more serious commitment than being boyfriend and girlfriend, but i don't really think that that sort of commitment should be reserved only for those people who are 25+ (or any age that people say is 'old enough'). i would imagine the biggest difference would be spending a LOT more time with the person, but if you love them that wouldn't be a bad thing at all. lots of unmarried couples live together, i don't see any difference.
U obviously aint done the finances or researched this shit, how bout doing that before making the big decision, also weddings cost money, or didnt u know that

Last edited:

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
haha relax, i'm not making a 'big decision', i'm just saying that IF i met the right person at 18, i would marry them. no i haven't done 'research' because i know this isn't ACTUALLY going to happen.

yes weddings cost money, i didn't say anything about a wedding. not everyone wants to invite ten thousand people to watch - some people just want a private ceremony. i don't think weddings really mean anything, it's just a celebration of the marriage (ie the marriage is the important part).

and financially, i already pointed out that a lot of young people live with other young people when they're going through uni or whatever - what's the difference?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
virgin^sexy said:
haha relax, i'm not making a 'big decision', i'm just saying that IF i met the right person at 18, i would marry them. no i haven't done 'research' because i know this isn't ACTUALLY going to happen.

yes weddings cost money, i didn't say anything about a wedding. not everyone wants to invite ten thousand people to watch - some people just want a private ceremony. i don't think weddings really mean anything, it's just a celebration of the marriage (ie the marriage is the important part).

and financially, i already pointed out that a lot of young people live with other young people when they're going through uni or whatever - what's the difference?
Do ur research that will tell u the difference, something along the lines of pre-nup might help

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
pre-nup? this isn't ACTUALLY happening. but when i eventually do get married and settle down, i'll do plenty of research just for, okay? ;)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
virgin^sexy said:
pre-nup? this isn't ACTUALLY happening. but when i eventually do get married and settle down, i'll do plenty of research just for, okay? ;)
Well u keep going on about the difference, and when i tell u u crap a shit, wtf

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
i think that you're missing the point of this thread. it's not about the logistics of moving into a new home with your husband/wife. it's about the notion (skeeta made this point, i think) of marrying someone you love at that age.

the point i've been trying to make, is that if you love someone, whether or not you have a ring to prove it or have had a huge wedding shouldn't matter. i hope that if/when i eventually get married that the relationship i've had up til that point doesn't change just because we gain the 'married' label.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
virgin^sexy said:
i think that you're missing the point of this thread. it's not about the logistics of moving into a new home with your husband/wife. it's about the notion (skeeta made this point, i think) of marrying someone you love at that age.

the point i've been trying to make, is that if you love someone, whether or not you have a ring to prove it or have had a huge wedding shouldn't matter. i hope that if/when i eventually get married that the relationship i've had up til that point doesn't change just because we gain the 'married' label.
Shit are u a bloke, cause its usually the bloke that doesnt want shit to change, and chicks change as soon as they have that ring, also chicks usually want big weddings. Well thats the sterotype

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Korn said:
Shit are u a bloke, cause its usually the bloke that doesnt want shit to change, and chicks change as soon as they have that ring, also chicks usually want big weddings. Well thats the sterotype
you know..

that's why you have long engagement period

'cos, as soon as that ring goes on the finger... PUFF!!! boom, fucking fatty blimp! you see their emotional side, which will come down to being 'pre-menstrual', etc. etc. etc. lol

you get to see what they are really like. and it's also like a relationship to break off an engagement, opposed to being fucking married.

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
yes well surely by now you're old enough to know that stereotypes aren't always accurate. i'm not a bloke but i don't see much point in having a huge wedding with people you don't know (although my attitude has definitely changed - i used to want a big wedding with everyone i'd ever met and lots of flowers and white dresses and crap). as for the changing, why would i marry someone if i wanted the relationship to change? obviously i'd only get married if i was happy with the way things were going, so i'd try to keep them as good as possible.

edit: to korn, obviously

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
virgin^sexy said:
yes well surely by now you're old enough to know that stereotypes aren't always accurate. i'm not a bloke but i don't see much point in having a huge wedding with people you don't know (although my attitude has definitely changed - i used to want a big wedding with everyone i'd ever met and lots of flowers and white dresses and crap). as for the changing, why would i marry someone if i wanted the relationship to change? obviously i'd only get married if i was happy with the way things were going, so i'd try to keep them as good as possible.

edit: to korn, obviously
Yeah, u say that now, lets see what u say in like ten years or after ur married

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
virgin^sexy said:
the point i've been trying to make, is that if you love someone, whether or not you have a ring to prove it or have had a huge wedding shouldn't matter.
It does matter if you're religious.

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
not necessarily. you can have a marriage ceremony with a priest (or whatever the other celebrants are called) without having a huge wedding with ten thousand guests. that would be much more cost effective, and it's essentially the same thing just not so over the top.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)