Votes: 82 56.2%
  • No

Votes: 64 43.8%

• Total voters

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
not very good, but im sure theyd prefer it to being dead.
Exactly. Killing a child is hardly protecting their feelings.

frezzel

HSC
brogan77 said:
Alright, another question:

Do u believe the decison to abort/have the child is equal for both the mother and father of the child (ie. they have an equal say since they have equal claim to the child) OR since it is the woman's body etc. the final decison is her's alone, to make?
Both the mother and father have a say, but the woman should have the most say as it is her body etc.

Ditto to ranger stacies opinion on the question.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
frezzel said:
But are they really considered alive when they are aborted (within 12 weeks of conception)? I personally don't believe in abortions later than 12 weeks as the embryo at this stage can perform recognisable human things such as mutely cry and suck its thumb. http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Pregnancy_week_by_week?OpenDocument

By the way sorry if i have offended anyone by expressing my opinions

no offence, but i think all of that is an excuse, to make women who have had abortions feel better. just because they may not be able to 'perform recognisable human things' doesent make them any less human..its still a baby which is going to be a human, regardless of when you kill it.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
brogan77 said:
Ladies, what if u got pregnant from rape?
Would u consider abortion in that situation?
Similar question, would you take the morning after pill following rape?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
i think ultimately, the final decision is the womans, although the father definitley has a say. if i accidently got pregnant however, and the father didnt want any part of it, i wouldnt expect anything from the guy (eg money support)
You'd not expect any support whatsoever? You do realise how expensive bringing up a child is these days, don't you?
He might not approve of the pregnancy, but he would've, I assume, consented to sex in the first place. It's his "mistake" as much as it is the woman's.

Last edited:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Lundy said:
You'd not expect any support whatsoever? You do realise how expensive bringing up a child is these days, don't you?
He might not approve of the pregnancy, but he assumedly consented to sex in the first place. It's his "mistake" as much as it is the woman's.

of course i realise how expensive child rearing is. i do not plan to have a child for a good 5 to 7 years in a long term relationship. however, if by freak accident i did become pregnant now, i wouldnt let myself get pressured into an abortion, and i wouldnt expect anything from the guy

frezzel

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
no offence, but i think all of that is an excuse, to make women who have had abortions feel better. just because they may not be able to 'perform recognisable human things' doesent make them any less human..its still a baby which is going to be a human, regardless of when you kill it.
As i said, this is only how i feel i am not trying to make generalisations for all of humanity as people clearly have differing opinions to me. I however also dont think that women especially young girls should get the idea that they can sleep around and have abortion as an easy way out because i think that is wrong and they need to take more responsability. I do think choosing to have an abortion is a very hard desicion and shouldnt be taken lightly. However if a woman is raped should she have to suffer if she doesnt want to? And yes you are quite right, it does make women who have abortions feel better.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
well, thats only my opinion. i dont think its acceptable however for women to have abortions and then say 'well it wasnt 12 weeks yet. it wasnt a real baby'.

HSC
if i got a girl pregnant id pay for whatever she needs, she wouldnt have too chase me up in court, if that means me dropping out of uni working 7 days a week then so be it

HSC
I couldn't have sex with a girl that was pro-choice. She'd make every excuse to abort the child and then blame it on her emotions to defend herself against the moral side of it (aka murder).

The guy does have a choice when it comes to abortion. Either he has sex or he doesn't. :)

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
If i found out tomorrow i was pregnant i would have a abortion for sure even though its easier said then done.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I wouldn't continue a relationship with a girl who wouldn't have an abortion if she accidently got pregnant. I'm not willing to take the risk that she would get pregnant and seriously screw up my life.

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Back to the "what if you got raped question",.. What if the child grew up and looked exactly like the father/rapist?

Personally, I wouldn't be able to cope with the chance of that happening so I would abort it :(

HSC
gah how can you people abort! (rape i understand) but otherwise! guys its upto you too support the girl, my mum/dad got pregnant very early in their marraige (after a year?) and my dad worked 14 hours a day too support my mum

its upto us too do that!

Danoz The Great

HSC
brogan77 said:
Ladies, what if u got pregnant from rape?
Would u consider abortion in that situation?
I would. I think a child is a result of parent's love, and I wouldn't want to raise the child of my rapist. What if they grew up to look just like their father? I think that'd be terrible to live with.

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
If I was pregnant at this point in time, I would definitely abort it. I respect other people's view on how wrong it would be to have an abortion because it would be "like murder", but as a student who hasn't even finished the HSC yet, giving birth to a baby would mean giving both of us a crap life. I know this might sound really selfish, but the baby would be better off not being born.

*Minka*

HSC
natstar said:
If I were raped, yes def an abortion. Personally I think that actually giving birth to a rapists child and living that, and being a child of a rapist, is more traumatic than having an abortion.
Correct.

I am from the former Yugoslavia and grew up there during the early 90s. Some of you have probably know about the mass rape that happened during the war and those kids are growning up now. I know when I visited back last year how hard it was for one 14 year old girl who dances at my old dance school - knowing that she wasn't wanted and just a product of someone torturing her mother.

Me? I'd get an abortion if I was pregnant. It is not fair to the child to have them when I am not in a situation to provide for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)