Writing student number on every page?? (1 Viewer)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I just wrote off an email to them asking the relevant people to ensure all supervisors are told of these rules. I'll post a response if I receive one before I go on holidays next week.

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Man you guys have some sour supervisors. Ours are very nice people. They let you write it in at the end. They even ask how you went and wish you luck for your results.

Very nice people.

ajdlinux

HSC
Man you guys have some sour supervisors. Ours are very nice people. They let you write it in at the end. They even ask how you went and wish you luck for your results.

Very nice people.
Same here, the main rule my supervisors choose to ignore is the no-talking-until-you're-out-of-the-room one :D

Venom.

HSC
Same here, the main rule my supervisors choose to ignore is the no-talking-until-you're-out-of-the-room one :D
As soon as its pens down we start talking in our exams. Really relaxed atmosphere.

qaz0981

HSC
Wow, I think the BOS needs to be a lot clearer on this. My supervisors were happy to let us sit there writing them for 10 minutes afterwards...
so do ours. we get told we don't need to write any of our numbers on in the exam time, we can do it at the end so we don't waste the time. and we have to write them on every page we have written on. i wouldn't stress if you didn't, theyre unlikely to fall apart.
it seems like we actually have decent supervisors haha

imalda

HSC
I just wrote off an email to them asking the relevant people to ensure all supervisors are told of these rules. I'll post a response if I receive one before I go on holidays next week.
that's nice. will be waiting if they respond. although my supervisors are nice, i don't think its fair on the other schools who have supervisors that suck on lemons.

and yeah my supervisors are really relaxed as well. pens down and the crying begins XDDDDD

kanux

HSC
Yesterday when the exam finished I went through and started writing my student number on every page. Then one of the supervisors came over and yelled at me for having my exam open after the 2 hours had finished.
I was told her "I'm just writing in my student number"
And she goes "You don't need that, you are only meant to write your student number on the front, not inside it."

So she took my booklets.... is she right??
technically you shouldn't even be writing after "pens down" unless a supervisor is over your shoulder...

kind of a waste of time to write numbers on each page...
chances of the front page falling off are pretty rare to me...besides the papers do need to get to the marking centres in one piece...

alex1992

HSC
wtf,

who said "some poeple are bound to lose their covers" dude, u alright man. wtf, y would u lose a cover, wtf, is someone ripping the damn thing off. and a few hundred people losing their covers. wtf?

all of you nerds, just chill and write the number on the front.

pete000

HSC
N/A
Couldn't agree more. Pages are just not going to fly out of stapled books. On the front and that's it. But I guess if you have no clue about the exam well yeah, you can waste time by writing it on each page.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
As soon as its pens down we start talking in our exams. Really relaxed atmosphere.
Jeez, you guys are lucky, we get told off as soon as one person just whispers; even if the supervisors are at the other side of the hall, they can still hear it >.>

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I have been marking since 1992 and have never come across a missing cover.

Those yellow pages used in some subjects instead of booklets (maybe in all subjects - I don't know about all only histories and other HSIE subjects) do come apart though.

ajdlinux

HSC
Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your email inquiry.

A rigorous clerical check is undertaken when exam/writing booklets are received at the marking centre to ensure all paperwork is intact. I will, however, forward your email to the marking centre.

With best wishes,

Regards,

Annie Smith
Examination Operations Branch
Phone: (02) 9760 6352
Fax: (02) 9760 6372
A rather standard response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)