Writing student number on every page?? (1 Viewer)

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Yesterday when the exam finished I went through and started writing my student number on every page. Then one of the supervisors came over and yelled at me for having my exam open after the 2 hours had finished.
I was told her "I'm just writing in my student number"
And she goes "You don't need that, you are only meant to write your student number on the front, not inside it."

So she took my booklets.... is she right??

H33T

HSC
Ive been told you have to have them writen on evey page with writing .. what harm could it do anyway?

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
Yesterday when the exam finished I went through and started writing my student number on every page. Then one of the supervisors came over and yelled at me for having my exam open after the 2 hours had finished.
And she goes "You don't need that, you are only meant to write your student number on the front, not inside it."

no.. if the cover comes off your fucked...

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, we have time to write number after so everyone really should. I did in test anyway but seriously, pretty sure BoS and people will take enough care not to go rippin covers and pages of exams, seems pretty gay idea. I didnt even fill in the boxes on the right of the little blue sheet on how many booklets/multi choices/whatever the other thing was for english cos I didnt even notice it till today.

Stephie-Rae

HSC

Sounds like your exam supervisors are about as good as your teachers :)

We've been doing all of ours after the exam finishes, no one's had a problem with it. Although i didn't put them at the top of every page after ext2, i think i was in shock when i finished, so it just didn't occur to me, and the guy that came and checked mine didn't say anything. But they've made sure we did it for every other exam. They reckon it's just a precaution incase the booklets get seperated, but i sure as hell hope the people handling the paperwork which decides my furtre don't do anything with them that could cause the booklets to fall apart...

chavias

HSC
Your supervisor is partially correct, and incorrect.
Correct: In the sense that covers are not (99.99% of the time) removed during the marking process.
Incorrect: As there is a space clearly asking for student and centre numbers.

Our supervisors checked to make sure our numbers were on every page submitted, just in case...

Don't worry.

0hNivlek

HSC
Yep our supervisers wouldn't let us leave until all the pages are filled in with student/centre numbers!

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Well, we have time to write number after so everyone really should. I did in test anyway but seriously, pretty sure BoS and people will take enough care not to go rippin covers and pages of exams, seems pretty gay idea. I didnt even fill in the boxes on the right of the little blue sheet on how many booklets/multi choices/whatever the other thing was for english cos I didnt even notice it till today.
Considering there are close to 70,000 people sitting the HSC, a few hundred are bound to lose their covers or have pages that fall out. The system isn't perfect, it's human.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Your exam supervisor probably needs anger management. Also, although she is right in the sense that it is only absolutely necessary to write your number on the cover, however you did the right thing by writing your number on the rest of the pages as people rightly pointed out, is convenient if covers are lost.

You took the safer option and shouldn't be told off, but rather congratulated for it.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
OMG! i didnt write my student number on all the pages!!!!!!! i was filling mine in after an english exam and the supervisor (politely) came and told me that i didnt need to!

am i fucked?

Enchantress91

HSC
Hey I got yelled at too! (Guess the guy who said that the supervisors are all ex-nazis was right). It was so embarrassing, like all of a sudden, everyone stare as if you're some wild animal out of the zoo.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I didnt even fill in the boxes on the right of the little blue sheet on how many booklets/multi choices/whatever
You must complete the Student Completion Record listing the number of examination booklets used during the examination. This must be checked and countersigned by the supervisor before you leave the examination desk. Failure to do so will be seen as a breach of examination rules.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Our supervisors told us we didn't have to fill out every page, just the front of the booklets
But I suppose if the front cover falls off, you have an issue.........

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Maybe you should point out to her the explicit instruction given on the front cover of the booklet, that says 'Write your student number and centre number on the top of every page', or words to that effect...

HSC
Our supervisor stated that we are only allowed to write our student numbers inside the booklets during exam time. Outside the exam only writing the number on the front is permitted and the question number on the first page on the inside of the booklet if the supervisor is watching. You shouldn't be screwed if you only put your number on the outside only, it's just extra piece of mind to write on the inside as well.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Our supervisor stated that we are only allowed to write our student numbers inside the booklets during exam time. Outside the exam only writing the number on the front is permitted and the question number on the first page on the inside of the booklet if the supervisor is watching. You shouldn't be screwed if you only put your number on the outside only, it's just extra piece of mind to write on the inside as well.
Wow, I think the BOS needs to be a lot clearer on this. My supervisors were happy to let us sit there writing them for 10 minutes afterwards...

imalda

HSC
Wow, I think the BOS needs to be a lot clearer on this. My supervisors were happy to let us sit there writing them for 10 minutes afterwards...
i totally agree with you. what they should do is before the paper is given out, have 10 minutes for the students to write the numbers in.

and on the front of the writing booklet, it clearly states that the numbers are to be written on every page that you write on, so that supervisor deserves a broom up their ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)