Year 11/12 English Texts (1 Viewer)

HSC
Year 11 - Advanced:
* AOS: Journeys - Henry V
* Film - Road To Pedition
& some other random stuff which wont really set texts.

Year 11 - Extension:
* Briar Rose
* Dracula
* Emma & Clueless

Year 12 Advanced:
AOS: The Simple Gift
Module A - Frankenstein & Bladerunner
Module B - Speeches
Module C - Julias Ceasar

MonkEA

HSC
I have No Idea which ones im doing, should i ask my Adv English Teacher about this?

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
advanced
AOS: changing perspectives.
the door- miroslav holub
not sure what else, our teacher absolutely loses her shit over the royal family and wants to use Dianna's eulogy. kill me.

for yr 12, were doing 'the queen', hamlet and i've no idea what else.
english adv-hell on earth.

extension were doing catch 22, 1984, moulin rouge, something from gothic horror.

Last edited:

Snicho

HSC
advanced

extension where doing catch 22, 1984, moulin rouge, something from gothic horror.
Omg moulin rouge??
damn i wish i was doing that

Advanced:
Looking for alibrandi, Cast Away and Robinson Crusoe

Extension:
Jane Eyre, then dracula and blade runner and something else i cant remember

Aznmichael92

HSC
The only texts I remember are shakespeare's plays.

Year 11 - Measure for Measure
Year 12 - As You Like It

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Advanced (2010) - Tess of the D'Urbervilles, the Taming of the Shrew. 2011 - Hamlet
Extension (2010) Pride and Prejudice, I think. (2011) - Biographies for the Life writing elective.
um? you do realise that they do change from year to year? maybe a tad overexcited about the hsc mate.

Advanced: Journeys - Maestro. Im actually not sure what Shakespeare. What do you generally do for Journeys? I hope its nothing Iv already done.

Ext: Texts and Ways of Thinking with a focus of between the wars (ha I just looked that up) and we are watching some film called metropolis heh

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
um? you do realise that they do change from year to year? maybe a tad overexcited about the hsc mate.

Advanced: Journeys - Maestro. Im actually not sure what Shakespeare. What do you generally do for Journeys? I hope its nothing Iv already done.

Ext: Texts and Ways of Thinking with a focus of between the wars (ha I just looked that up) and we are watching some film called metropolis heh
our year ten english teacher lost her shit over maestro, we did so much intensley lame work on it. oh my my.

and i hear king lear is pretty popular for journeys. not too sure though

Last edited:

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
our year ten english teacher lost her shit over maestro, we did so much intensley lame work on it. oh my my.

and i hear king lear is pretty popular for journeys. not too sure though
I studied the book in year 10 as well, so Im in front of everyone else but its still a really boring novel.

HSC
lol we did 1984 for year 10..

i suppose it was okay..

it got kinda interesting towards the end..

jaCksonn

HSC
Anyone doing power and powerlessness? what texts are you doing? :O

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
I studied the book in year 10 as well, so Im in front of everyone else but its still a really boring novel.
yeah, and i hated the characters. actually i just hated the book in general. paul is such a whining bitch haha. good that your ahead though, were studying the royal family in english :|
i swear my teacher conducted her own inquest into diana's death, shes obsessed and its very very disturbing.

neversaydie1

HSC
I just wanted to know all the english texts that are read for year 11 & 12 advanced and extention english. (books/poetry) etc.

Thanks =)
Hi Chaniie do you have any notes on looking for alibrandi or anyone else, chapter by chapter.

sarah333666999

HSC
I am dong The adventures of Huckleberry Finn atm. And I know my school is doing Othello this year and Hamlet next. Oh, and I think my school is going to do Robert Frost again.
which comparative text are you using for huckleberry finn?? i have no idea what to do, and i must write a speech on it! please help =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)