• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Examine

same
HSC
It's not necessarily the resources, but also the community.

A lot of members (who are still active post-graduation might I add) found the social aspect of this community to be highly beneficial too. Students often are only exposed to members of their cohort, which can be quite limited in terms of the variety of students. However on BOS, you have a HUGE range of people with differing abilities and interests. You are more likely to find somebody like yourself on here than at school.

For example, there is a user named RealiseNothing (you can still see him posting around now) who had an interest in Mathematics pre-Bored of Studies. He went to a fairly low ranked comprehensive school, so you can imagine there would be few people who are interested in Mathematics there.

Upon coming to here, he discovered many other users who also shared his interest in Mathematics (I can name at least 4-5 at the moment). Having such people within his social circles helped develop that passion and pushed him to excel in it. Furthermore, it gave him a reality check as to how good other people are in the state.

What I love about this site is that it can provide such a positive environment for nurturing your interests. However at school, you may not have such an environment. I only wish I had such an opportunity when I was in Year 12.
One of them being me right? :p

hahaha well my school does king lear but yet to start. Not that much eco homework, really all rounder amount of work. Canley Vale so 230 people ish... shit school !
I hardly got any eco homework so I just self studied (I think our teacher probably expected us to as well). Also your school is ranked better than mine.

Also welcome pmendz and Crisium!

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
I know right, I legit don't think I've seen you around here before.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+
Yea i just created an account today. They community is great however, the bugs and glitches on the website should be fixed :)

Totes man
Or are you a girl ? I'm not sure since you're new and all
tbh, im actually half. but i pref. being categorised as a "male" ;)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Yea i just created an account today. They community is great however, the bugs and glitches on the website should be fixed :)

Whatever floats your boat ;)

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC

Yaa, welcome to BOS again.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)