Year 11 2014 Chat :) (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
ok guys i have an exercise for you pertaining to english essay writing and structure

give me a list of 5 things you should have in a body paragraph

go

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Ok ok seriously:
1.your point
2. Textual example
3. Effect of textual example
4.link to your point
5. Like to the essay question

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Ok ok seriously:
1.your point
2. Textual example
3. Effect of textual example
4.link to your point
5. Like to the essay question
excellent

ideally you should have an "s" next to "example" (so examples lol, dat plural) but you don't necessarily need more than one if it is strong enough

now next question, what is the aim of using a quote in a body paragraph? what is the fundamental purpose of quoting the text?

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
dont just say "to provide evidence", that is too vague

Kevink98

HSC
N/A
the best thing with essay writing is to obtain the essays of people who got a really high mark, then read over it and compare it to your own one

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
the best thing with essay writing is to obtain the essays of people who got a really high mark, then read over it and compare it to your own one
this really depends on the module

not to mention there are many aspects of an essay you cannot directly compare, particularly if you're covering different points, and if you assess your essay relative to other ones you will miss out on key flaws

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
ok guys i have an exercise for you pertaining to english essay writing and structure

give me a list of 5 things you should have in a body paragraph

go
1) Point
2) Explanation
3) Evidence
4) Link to Question
5) Naht Sure

This really depends on what type of an essay it is

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
excellent

ideally you should have an "s" next to "example" (so examples lol, dat plural) but you don't necessarily need more than one if it is strong enough

now next question, what is the aim of using a quote in a body paragraph? what is the fundamental purpose of quoting the text?
Using a quote in your body paragraph is essential as it basically provides evidence for the point that you are trying to address

The fundamental purpose of quoting the text is to show your own understanding of the text and how it conveys certain ideas

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
1) Point
2) Explanation
3) Evidence
4) Link to Question
5) Naht Sure

This really depends on what type of an essay it is
essentially right, just that i personally split evidence into quote and technical analysis

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Using a quote in your body paragraph is essential as it basically provides evidence for the point that you are trying to address

The fundamental purpose of quoting the text is to show your own understanding of the text and how it conveys certain ideas
correct

this might seem obvious however a fair few students fall into the trap of providing a quote that simply relates *what* happens in a scene rather than a quote that demonstrates some sort of meaning

the questions i asked in this thread seem to be quite simple, i just wanted to draw attention to some essential things which people sometimes miss, particularly in terms of structure and how to really get your ideas across

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
correct

this might seem obvious however a fair few students fall into the trap of providing a quote that simply relates *what* happens in a scene rather than a quote that demonstrates some sort of meaning

the questions i asked in this thread seem to be quite simple, i just wanted to draw attention to some essential things which people sometimes miss, particularly in terms of structure and how to really get your ideas across
Well thank you for asking those questions :D

rawrliongirl

HSC
off I go to watch it!
haha i have them all on DVD so idek why I'm watching it on channel 9 with all the ads..oh well :p im such a Potterhead heehee :p xD
only thing i dont like about this movie is....Robert Pattinson........ Bleeeeh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)