• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiction

HSC
Honestly, what do you want me to say? :c It happens to people. You're obv doing something wrong about your study methods, or as cruel as it sounds, you're one of the people who do 6 hours of studying a day and still get Bs. (massive generalisation here ik :c)

You choose, no one knows you better than you yourself c:

Fiction

HSC
When you said you lost it, it actually means it's funny
oh well, surprisingly "you lost me" also has a literal meaning. That is, you've confused me, I don't get what you're saying anymore. Perhaps consider that there are often more than one ways of translating phases before you go off accusing me :c

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
oh well, surprisingly "you lost me" also has a literal meaning. That is, you've confused me, I don't get what you're saying anymore. Perhaps consider that before you go off accusing me :c
My bad :/

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Honestly, what do you want me to say? :c It happens to people. You're obv doing something wrong about your study methods, or as cruel as it sounds, you're one of the people who do 6 hours of studying a day and still get Bs. (massive generalisation here ik :c)

Very harsh, but I see where you're coming from.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
oh well, surprisingly "you lost me" also has a literal meaning. That is, you've confused me, I don't get what you're saying anymore. Perhaps consider that there are often more than one ways of translating phases before you go off accusing me :c
bb don't be so tense.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A

I know... But the study methods I've tried so far hasn't worked for me at all in my high school life.

Maybe I'm just dumb...

Fiction

HSC
bb don't be so tense.
I'm not c: Just not using smiley faces, because I know some people when they're not happy - the impression I was getting from hawkrider, is that they read :) as :( or c: as :c . Just a common mistake that happens sometimes you're reading fast, and I just wanted to avoid it c;

matchalolz

HSC
Why is it that some students who immediately get concepts in chemistry and don't study at all and ace the tests when I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum where I take ages to understand, study for hours yet I do shit?

ffs
sometimes it takes ages for me to get stuff in maths, and for english i never understand stuff until the day before the exam :3 i think just persevere, or change your study methods? Do you study for long periods of time? e.g. 6 hours all straight? because that doesn't work (sorry i'm not trying to assume you do this, but was just wondering because you say you study a lot)

Fiction

HSC
Very harsh, but I see where you're coming from.
Well, I figured I might as well be, since I don't think this is the first time I've seen hawkrider post up de-moralising comments about himself/herself up on this thread lewl.

I don't believe in complaining, I think hawkie knows already what he can do to improve, seeing as I've seen him give other people advice on how to change study methods. But if that was too harsh, I'll take the comment down c:

EDIT: By not believing in complaining, I didn't meant the occasional compliant/rant (i mean everyone does that) but rather like yeah. akdfjaldkfj don't know how to explain q.q

Last edited:

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
sometimes it takes ages for me to get stuff in maths, and for english i never understand stuff until the day before the exam :3 i think just persevere, or change your study methods? Do you study for long periods of time? e.g. 6 hours all straight? because that doesn't work (sorry i'm not trying to assume you do this, but was just wondering because you say you study a lot)
It's just for chemistry. Like, I study long periods for the subject by rote learning cause I can't understand the concepts at all.

The other subjects are fine though.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
I know... But the study methods I've tried so far hasn't worked for me at all in my high school life.

Maybe I'm just dumb...
Sometimes I feel this way too. But, I think the reality is - no matter how hard people like myself work, there's a certain level which they cannot surpass. I am being blunt and honest, but same goes for me - I'm sure many of you guys may disagree and call me a pessimist and what have you. But, truth is: I'm realistic and I think what matters is that, you give everything your best shot and that you should focus on only yourself and nobody else.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Well, I figured I might as well be, since I don't think this is the first time I've seen hawkrider post up de-moralising comments about himself/herself up on this thread lewl.

I don't believe in complaining, I think hawkie knows already what he can do to improve, seeing as I've seen him give other people advice on how to change study methods. But if that was too harsh, I'll take the comment down c:
Idk, I'm just going through a rough period atm.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC

It's fine, it's harsh but sometimes we need to be frank.

Fiction

HSC
HSC doesn't centre around you~ Regardless of how harsh your personal life is atm, it's not going to change the fact that your HSC is going to come in just over a year c:

Have you seen squareroot's thread about coaching? He's offering free tutoring to people who are struggling b/c of personal reasons (which is so sweet of the dude/dudette), maybe try messaging him and asking whether he can help you in chem if you think you're going through really bad circumstances atm.

Otherwise, (and excuse my patriarchal language), Man up :O

matchalolz

HSC
It's just for chemistry. Like, I study long periods for the subject by rote learning cause I can't understand the concepts at all.

The other subjects are fine though.
aww, sorry to hear that, i guess it must be similar to my relationship with english :3

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
HSC doesn't centre around you~ Regardless of how harsh your personal life is atm, it's not going to change the fact that your HSC is going to come in just over a year c:

Have you seen squareroot's thread about coaching? He's offering free tutoring to people who are struggling b/c of personal reasons (which is so sweet of the dude/dudette), maybe try messaging him and asking whether he can help you in chem if you think you're going through really bad circumstances atm.

Otherwise, (and excuse my patriarchal language), Man up :O
You're right. I probably should grow some balls and persist.

And I can't have squareroot cause he's too far away for me

matchalolz

HSC
Sometimes I feel this way too. But, I think the reality is - no matter how hard people like myself work, there's a certain level which they cannot surpass. I am being blunt and honest, but same goes for me - I'm sure many of you guys may disagree and call me a pessimist and what have you. But, truth is: I'm realistic and I think what matters is that, you give everything your best shot and that you should focus on only yourself and nobody else.
This is definitely true. Which is why, if i studied hard and only lost 1-2 marks, I don't go around being sad and wanting to kill myself because I didn't get full marks.

matchalolz

HSC
well, if it makes you feel better, my half yearly exam period is over but i still have 4 tests over the next 2 weeks OTL

life is tough, and you have to survive

Fiction

HSC
You're right. I probably should grow some balls and persist.

And I can't have squareroot cause he's too far away for me
Really? You live in sydney right? He's offering it at UNSW... Regardless, whatever you do should be to further yourself. Sure take travel time into consideration, but if you really think whatever squareroot is offering may help you, then I suggest you to try it. Or you could just get a private tutor/ enroll yourself into a coaching college c:

Yeah, sorry if you're a girl (and excuse my use of patriarchal language if you're a feminist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)