• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchalolz

HSC
Leeeeeeeeeeellllll

How.do.you.even.function.
Lol. I sleep about 6-7 most days but I know ppl in my grade who actually get the full 9 hours and Im just there like how do you even ger ur work done?
I swear it is either sacrifice sleep or study, both extremely important factors in doing well at school (plus theres leisure, recreation and our social lives). WHAT IS BALANCE.
my mission for next year is to get all my work done while getting 9 hours of sleep and having somewhat of a social life. I know people around me are saying that I can use that extra time to study but I'm too lazy and I think that I'll be able to manage my time. #ceebslyf

I probably sleep 7-8 hours most days. 10 yesterday but that was coz I was so tired from staying up late throughout the past week.

matchalolz

HSC
So I came back from my duke of ed hike which was 4 days in total, and obviously I have to catch up with school work; namely 2U maths. From Monday to today, my class would've finished locus by now and my teacher said she won't track back for me so I'll have to teach myself. So yeah, I have a couple of questions:

- How difficult is locus?
- How long will it take to catch up given that my class will be starting the next topic next week?
1. Not difficult, just make sure to draw diagrams.
2. Probably a weeks tops, not sure though, that's just my opinion

rawrliongirl

HSC
You know what annoys me? The fact that when I finish school I'd really love to go into the animation industry since I've always had a passion for it ...but at the same time, I still think science is cool and think it would be so cool to make a contribution to society by studying something like nanotechnology or biomed or something. I've always loved the idea of doing something creative for my job (animation), but I also think that doing science would be interesting.
It's feelings like this that confuse me and make choosing what I want to do in the future so difficult. :(
Anyone else feel the same way?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
You know what annoys me? The fact that when I finish school I'd really love to go into the animation industry since I've always had a passion for it ...but at the same time, I still think science is cool and think it would be so cool to make a contribution to society by studying something like nanotechnology or biomed or something. I've always loved the idea of doing something creative for my job (animation), but I also think that doing science would be interesting.
It's feelings like this that confuse me and make choosing what I want to do in the future so difficult. :(
Anyone else feel the same way?
People will share the same feelings as you do

And that is why they introduced double degrees

I'm pretty sure you could do a combined degree with science and IT which will allow you to

1) Contribute to society through your science related job

2) Use your IT skills as a hobby to create your own anime series (this would actually be so wicked)

Or maybe you could do some research and find a job that integrates the two of them

DLMisme

HSC
I finally finished both my English assignments and was ready to kick back and relax, but checked my diary found I had still Bio homework to do :mad2:

Also, this is kind of random but for any of you Android users out there, my dad just released a little game he's been working on for the past few weeks for fun https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apps4billy.shootdontshoot He's interested to hear some feedback, so give it a try :)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I finally finished both my English assignments and was ready to kick back and relax, but checked my diary found I had still Bio homework to do :mad2:

Also, this is kind of random but for any of you Android users out there, my dad just released a little game he's been working on for the past few weeks for fun https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apps4billy.shootdontshoot He's interested to hear some feedback, so give it a try :)
Haha seems awesome :D

I'll give it a try later :D

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Just letting u guys know (i mentioned this in a thread of my own a few months back and tnt just then) that if u need free essay or creative writing feedback feel free to PM me

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Just letting u guys know (i mentioned this in a thread of my own a few months back and tnt just then) that if u need free essay or creative writing feedback feel free to PM me
That's very kind of you

But I have a feeling that if I were to send you my essay or creative writing you'd rip on it more that my comments on the Nonsense Thread

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
That's very kind of you

But I have a feeling that if I were to send you my essay or creative writing you'd rip on it more that my comments on the Nonsense Thread
Kira already gives everyone very constructive feedback.

But would it not be better to get plenty of constructive feedback than sugar coated comments ?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Kira already gives everyone very constructive feedback.

But would it not be better to get plenty of constructive feedback than sugar coated comments ?
I'll just stick to somebody like strawberrye to help me with my essays if I do intend on finding somebody to edit my essay

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I just realised how much my vocab has improved over time with English tutoring

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
I'll just stick to somebody like strawberrye to help me with my essays if I do intend on finding somebody to edit my essay
But honestly, Kira is really great with feedback.
(And he doesn't hate you :p)
I just realised how much my vocab has improved over time with English tutoring
Might go at the beginning of term 4 tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)