Year 11 2014 Chat :) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawrliongirl

HSC
I have been doing 4 unit maths for the past 3 days. But other than that I haven't done much study this holidays. What about you guys?

The holidays went so quick.
Didn't study for school at all.
I chilled the first week, went out a few times and this week did an animation course. this week has been flat out for me actually. course ran form 9am-5pm everyday, but my days went from about 7am-6:30pm - I'd leave home at around 7 and not get back till 6:30, plus I had to wake up at about 6 everyday. D: Still, it was better than being at home, bored and being forced into doing study out of sheer boredom.
The holidays did go too quick. Wish they went on for a little bit longer. I'm not prepared to go back to school. I'm way too tired and lazy...

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Didn't study for school at all.
I chilled the first week, went out a few times and this week did an animation course. this week has been flat out for me actually. course ran form 9am-5pm everyday, but my days went from about 7am-6:30pm - I'd leave home at around 7 and not get back till 6:30, plus I had to wake up at about 6 everyday. D: Still, it was better than being at home, bored and being forced into doing study out of sheer boredom.
The holidays did go too quick. Wish they went on for a little bit longer. I'm not prepared to go back to school. I'm way too tired and lazy...
Are you still considering uni?

If you like animation , you can do that at uts !

J280

HSC
I have been doing 4 unit maths for the past 3 days. But other than that I haven't done much study this holidays. What about you guys?

Which topic did you start with?

rawrliongirl

HSC
Are you still considering uni?

If you like animation , you can do that at uts !
I am probably going to go to UNSW, they have COFA which offers Media Arts where you can do animation. If I end up completely flunking my HSC maybe I could try for a private college like the AIE or something.
UTS' entry ATAR for animation was probably a little bit out of my limit.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
I am probably going to go to UNSW, they have COFA which offers Media Arts where you can do animation. If I end up completely flunking my HSC maybe I could try for a private college like the AIE or something.
UTS' entry ATAR for animation was probably a little bit out of my limit.
You do realise that UTS is more flexible with bonus points right?

College is fine too :)

Last edited:

rawrliongirl

HSC
You do realise that UTS is more flexible with bonus points right?

College is fine too :)
yeah i realise, but i don't think any of my subjects count towards bonus points for animation. Also, UNSW's atar for media arts is only 80 as opposed to like 89.95 or something at UTS, and their games design course at UTS is even worse, it's like 91 D:
But yeah, idk why i chose 2 science subjects :/ that's totally screwed everything up for me :|
I can't even see myself doing science in uni anymore, I can only see myself doing something in the creative interactive entertainment industry like animation or games design or something.
At least I have some options of where I could go if I do totally screw up my HSC (hopefully I don't though).

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah i realise, but i don't think any of my subjects count towards bonus points for animation. Also, UNSW's atar for media arts is only 80 as opposed to like 89.95 or something at UTS, and their games design course at UTS is even worse, it's like 91 D:
But yeah, idk why i chose 2 science subjects :/ that's totally screwed everything up for me :|
I can't even see myself doing science in uni anymore, I can only see myself doing something in the creative interactive entertainment industry like animation or games design or something.
At least I have some options of where I could go if I do totally screw up my HSC (hopefully I don't though).
I'm not sure how good the unsw one is ^^..

AND. You shouldn't write the HSC totally off, you MIGHT REGRET It. I was going to write the HSc off (but luckily I didn't).

Needless to say, I hated my subjects too.

UTS is great for anything games related and it is practical :)

It's good that you have a backup, but keep your options open

rawrliongirl

HSC
I'm not sure how good the unsw one is ^^..

AND. You shouldn't write the HSC totally off, you MIGHT REGRET It. I was going to write the HSc off (but luckily I didn't).

Needless to say, I hated my subjects too.

UTS is great for anything games related and it is practical :)

It's good that you have a backup, but keep your options open
I went to the COFA Open Day, it seems pretty cool. The student work was pretty rad as well.
I went to the AIE this week for a 3D animation course and what they do there is pretty cool and I learnt so much and they offer so many different courses in that industry.
I'll still try for my HSC, but I've just completely lost interest in school as none of my subjects (except for maybe multimedia) are really related to what I want to do, and maths is a lost cause for me, but I plan to get a tutor for that.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
I went to the COFA Open Day, it seems pretty cool. The student work was pretty rad as well.
I went to the AIE this week for a 3D animation course and what they do there is pretty cool and I learnt so much and they offer so many different courses in that industry.
I'll still try for my HSC, but I've just completely lost interest in school as none of my subjects (except for maybe multimedia) are really related to what I want to do, and maths is a lost cause for me, but I plan to get a tutor for that.
:)

Sounds like they both suit you then !

Good luck in the future

Shoot me a PM if you me any Q's on uni and stuff :p

rawrliongirl

HSC
Guys are you ready for the HSC YEAR? I really do hope I can get a 85+ ATAR :)
nope, so not ready. i literally can't believe how quick high school has gone. i guess it still hasn't really hit me that this is it...

matchalolz

HSC

hey turn, what textbook are you using? I know the theory behind complex numbers but figured that knowing the theory and doing the questions are two completely different things so I might try to do something :p

hols for me: work experience for week 1, week 2 - went out with friends, read 1 eng text and 3/4 of another one, re-organised my folders and chucked stuff away, completed any hw I had etc.

just some light study, nothing hardcore :haha:

matchalolz

HSC
haha thanks guys but wait, i hate half my subjects, so I don't have that much motivation.. :3
I don't even need my science subs and maths is sort of a waste. so I'm basically gonna hate year 12 and wonder why I can't just drop out and study animation a different way. :')

After going to this college for the week, I've realised school is actually a load of shit and a waste of time and after experiencing what learning is like for people after school, it's going to make me hate everything about school. No freedom, teachers treat you like shit, you don't do what you want to do. I know it's only a year, but it's going to be painful for me having experienced what life can be like after school. Like, I just want year 12 to be over already and I haven't even started yet.
totally get you since I've experienced both uni and TAFE :lol: teachers don't question when i randomly walk out of the room lol
just try hard though coz you might regret! also congrats on finding some sort of direction, I remember you've always been a little lost before :)

lightthefuze

HSC

Today, I finished notes for like 5 of my subjects...let's just say I feel like my 'holiday' started today :welp:

#ISWEARIMNOTBURNTOUTYET

Last edited:

rawrliongirl

HSC
I swear, everyone seems to have been so productive these holidays with school work, then there was me who did absolutely nothing! :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)