Year 11 2014 Chat :) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawrliongirl

HSC
See how you go in this exam :D

You never know the results you get might just change your mind :D
hehe i think i will see how I go studying for my mathematics exam and then decide if i should drop now. it's just maths never really made sense to me. I only chose 3U because my parents told me to. I ranked about 34 out of about 67 mathematics students and I'm at the bottom of my extension class. :( and I'm like 2 chapters behind my extension class :( i cant keep up with it.
to be honest i don't really need extension..i don't think. I kinda just want to save myself having to study and do the 3u exam if I'm going to drop anyway. idk.

rawrliongirl

HSC
How come maths doesn't make sense to you?
idk, i could never properly understand it (unless it was really simple and straightforward) and i feel like half the stuff i learn is useless to me anyway.
I remember in year 6 we started doing really simple year 7 algebra and i had noooo idea how a letter could be a number and even after the teacher tried explaining it to me i still didn't understand, i even asked classmates and i never got it..id just sit in class and do nothing. it was only in yr 7 i actually understood it. and yeah, i dont understand a lot of stuff tbh. my brain just aint a maths brain.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
idk, i could never properly understand it (unless it was really simple and straightforward) and i feel like half the stuff i learn is useless to me anyway.
I remember in year 6 we started doing really simple year 7 algebra and i had noooo idea how a letter could be a number and even after the teacher tried explaining it to me i still didn't understand, i even asked classmates and i never got it..id just sit in class and do nothing. it was only in yr 7 i actually understood it. and yeah, i dont understand a lot of stuff tbh. my brain just aint a maths brain.
Ah OK, fair enough :)

Are you more of an English person then?

rawrliongirl

HSC
Ah OK, fair enough :)

Are you more of an English person then?
I'm more of an English/history person I guess, I'm not bad at science either, or art and creative things like that. Maths has always been my weakest subject, and I think the fact that from year 8-10 I had a really bad teacher didn't help either. I did tutoring but I still didn't perform well in tests and I could never really do those harder questions in the exercises either.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
hehe i think i will see how I go studying for my mathematics exam and then decide if i should drop now. it's just maths never really made sense to me. I only chose 3U because my parents told me to. I ranked about 34 out of about 67 mathematics students and I'm at the bottom of my extension class. :( and I'm like 2 chapters behind my extension class :( i cant keep up with it.
to be honest i don't really need extension..i don't think. I kinda just want to save myself having to study and do the 3u exam if I'm going to drop anyway. idk.
Well if you're not happy with Extension and you just prefer Mathematics on its own I suggest you drop it then :D

Simran-

HSC
Agh, this damn legal assignment. Does anyone know if i could get marks deducted for writing more than the provided lines for short answer questions when the assignment says nothing about a word limit or rambling on? The assignment is a series of short answers and so far every answer has gone over the lines, but there aren't many provided lines for bigger marks.
What topic is your assignment on?

ivorybranches

HSC
ok coolies.

do you think i should just sit the exam? or should I just drop it ASAP? I'm actually really behind in the extension 1 course :(
It depends on your capability with Maths Extension. You say that you're behind, and what I'm always told is that Maths Extension requires work and effort. From your other posts you say that you're more of an 'english/humanities' person, so I guess you should just ask yourself if you think you'll be able to make the time to focus on Maths Ext. 1.

If you're really determined, you'll study hard to try and see what your half-yearly mark is. Otherwise, if you have some other exams and constantly feel like you're struggling, you may chose to save time and drop now rather than drop later. :)

It's all up to you of course, I'm just voicing my opinions haha

Simran-

HSC
Last few days of hols left!!
Has everyone completed what was on their agenda? :p

Simran-

HSC
That was so me in year 7! Now when I think about the stuff we learnt in year 7...it's was so easy!

rawrliongirl

HSC
Last few days of hols left!!
Has everyone completed what was on their agenda? :p
Oh yes, I managed to complete all of my study notes as well as attempt numerous past papers for all subjects. Why, this has probably been one of the most productive school holidays I've ever had ! :')

Can't believe it's already friday :( I really don't want to go back to school :(

rawrliongirl

HSC
It's raining! I love weather like this. Dark, raining, cloudy, I love it even more when it storms. This weather makes me happy. :) :) :) :haha:

Simran-

HSC
It's raining! I love weather like this. Dark, raining, cloudy, I love it even more when it storms. This weather makes me happy. :) :) :) :haha:
I love this weather :D
I hope its still like this when school opens!

I just hate going to school in summers :/

Simran-

HSC
Oh yes, I managed to complete all of my study notes as well as attempt numerous past papers for all subjects. Why, this has probably been one of the most productive school holidays I've ever had ! :')

Can't believe it's already friday :( I really don't want to go back to school :(
Procrastinated alot.
Got Bio notes done.
Worked on SAC assignment.
Currently working on Legal class task.
Have to do a creative expression for a leadership program I'm doing :/
Have to start studying for maths :/
Have to continue reading my novel for EX1 -.-

rawrliongirl

HSC
I love this weather :D
I hope its still like this when school opens!

I just hate going to school in summers :/
I know, I hope that it's dark, cold and rainy when school returns ^_^ maybe then I'll be happy for once at school.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Procrastinated alot.
Got Bio notes done.
Worked on SAC assignment.
Currently working on Legal class task.
Have to do a creative expression for a leadership program I'm doing :/
Have to start studying for maths :/
Have to continue reading my novel for EX1 -.-
Wow so much >.<

I hope you realise that I was being sarcastic about my productivity these holidays. :p
In truth I haven't really done a thing. All I have done is written study notes for biology. I haven't studied them yet and I haven't studied for any of my other subjects either. My first exam on Tuesday is my English exam and I haven't done a thing for that. I was hoping to try and get some study for that done today actually :3

I am truly the worst :') Haven't really had any motivation these holidays. Last term was so full on I just really wanted a break from thinking about school altogether. :(

liamlolz

HSC
Ughh from next year, the ATAR in South Australia will be calculated from 90 credits (each semester of a subject = 10 credits, a full year subject = 20 credits), instead of 80. This means that I can either rely on getting a good score in the subject Research Project (which was previously my back-up), or do another subject next year.

liamlolz

HSC
Wow so much >.<

I hope you realise that I was being sarcastic about my productivity these holidays. :p
In truth I haven't really done a thing. All I have done is written study notes for biology. I haven't studied them yet and I haven't studied for any of my other subjects either. My first exam on Tuesday is my English exam and I haven't done a thing for that. I was hoping to try and get some study for that done today actually :3

I am truly the worst :') Haven't really had any motivation these holidays. Last term was so full on I just really wanted a break from thinking about school altogether. :(
Same here! I've been "regenerating" my energy and motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)