Year 11 2014 Chat :) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
My gosh! I'm doing 4u Maths and 3u Jap too. Good luck!! Btw, do you think you'll do the JLPT after high school?? :)
:D Have you watched the film yet?

I might do the JLPT but I'm not sure what level to do :\ It does sound nice to have an actual "qualification" which puts those years spent learning Japanese on paper but another exam so...

lavender1001

HSC
:D Have you watched the film yet?

I might do the JLPT but I'm not sure what level to do :\ It does sound nice to have an actual "qualification" which puts those years spent learning Japanese on paper but another exam so...
By film, I believe you mean the text right? If so, I haven't. The extension classes at my school all start in week 3. Have you watched it yet?
Yeah, the JLPT is quite challenging but I think I'll have a shot at N3 or N2. I'll see. :)

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
By film, I believe you mean the text right? If so, I haven't. The extension classes at my school all start in week 3. Have you watched it yet?
Yeah, the JLPT is quite challenging but I think I'll have a shot at N3 or N2. I'll see. :)
hey what's the film/book like for jap extension? hard? lots of slang?
I know for french extension there is like tonnes of slang in the film, sometimes takes me a while to understand.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Not sure yet bb, ask Soulful. :)
The film is called "Departures" or Okuribito in Japanese and it's a beautiful movie; it won the Oscar for best foreign film one year.

Apparently there is a lot of "casual" language and as Japanese inflects differently depending on the level of politeness, it should be quite a challenge, especially combined with the fact that the characters apparently aren't speaking in the standard Tokyo accent :\

lavender1001

HSC
The film is called "Departures" or Okuribito in Japanese and it's a beautiful movie; it won the Oscar for best foreign film one year.

Apparently there is a lot of "casual" language and as Japanese inflects differently depending on the level of politeness, it should be quite a challenge, especially combined with the fact that the characters apparently aren't speaking in the standard Tokyo accent :\
Then I shall be viewing that soon. :D

mp2250

HSC
been sleepin a lot this holidays, it's been so good :)
haven't been studying, and i heard that the Senior Science class is full so I can't change from chemistry :(

The Comeback

HSC
Oh man these holidays have been GOOD, Ive been sleeping in, working out, going online and doing loads of random stuff! Decided to take the break before Yr 12 starts - only done about 1 hour of solid study lol, hopefully ill be right for the HSC.
Anyone else been just chilling before we all have to kick back into gear?

beaubrah

HSC
Oh man these holidays have been GOOD, Ive been sleeping in, working out, going online and doing loads of random stuff! Decided to take the break before Yr 12 starts - only done about 1 hour of solid study lol, hopefully ill be right for the HSC.
Anyone else been just chilling before we all have to kick back into gear?
yep, slept shitloads and tried working on my study pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)