Year 11 2014 Chat :) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Comeback

HSC
I swear, everyone seems to have been so productive these holidays with school work, then there was me who did absolutely nothing! :O
IM FEELIN EXACTLY THE SAME, IVE DONE LIKE 1 HOUR OF STUDY, AND THAT WAS PRACTICALLY USELESS! Atleast we'll be pumped up for the next term and we'll feel like weve ACTUALLY had a proper holiday lol!

Cynisca

HSC
I really don't know what's happening to me at the moment. I'm stressed about the idea of year 12 and the whole HSC stuff we are all about to start however I just don't have any motivation whatsoever. I feel so terrible at the moment as I've done hardly any school work these holidays. Please tell me what you think if you wouldn't mind. I'm getting more and more upset and I really don't know what to do. I would really appreciate some advice if you have some time to respond.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I really don't know what's happening to me at the moment. I'm stressed about the idea of year 12 and the whole HSC stuff we are all about to start however I just don't have any motivation whatsoever. I feel so terrible at the moment as I've done hardly any school work these holidays. Please tell me what you think if you wouldn't mind. I'm getting more and more upset and I really don't know what to do. I would really appreciate some advice if you have some time to respond.

Its your last holidays for a 'proper' break.

Relax, do excercise and if your mental health deteriorates strongly maybe see a counselor/teacher/friend?

matchalolz

HSC
lol dw, I haven't done much either and I think it's perfectly fine if you didn't do anything these holidays. Any ideas why you aren't motivated? e.g. do you hate your subjects? stress? etc. I think you might be stressed becoz you think of the hsc as one big overwhelming thing that you need to get through, but try and break it down into smaller goals/tasks you need to complete. Start small, like for me I only started being productive in the middle of the second week and did things like: read english texts and complete worksheets that were assigned for hw. Right now I'm going through the topics that I failed in ext maths :p idk, i don't find it that stressful because I find ways to make my work fun! actually enjoying parametrics now lol

Cynisca

HSC
Although it was supposed to be a 'proper break' it doesn't feel like a break at all. The more I try to relax, the more worked up I get about it. The futility of the situation is driving me mad. Thanks for trying to help.

Cynisca

HSC
I think its stress and coming to terms with the idea that I'm entering the HSC year NOW. It is incredibly daunting and overwhelming and I feel like a failure already. I've tried to break it down...It's not working. Thanks though - I must keep trying harder I suppose. Idk

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Although it was supposed to be a 'proper break' it doesn't feel like a break at all. The more I try to relax, the more worked up I get about it. The futility of the situation is driving me mad. Thanks for trying to help.
Well you should do some work and then relax

Maybe then you can not feel guilty !

matchalolz

HSC
I think its stress and coming to terms with the idea that I'm entering the HSC year NOW. It is incredibly daunting and overwhelming and I feel like a failure already. I've tried to break it down...It's not working. Thanks though - I must keep trying harder I suppose. Idk
tbh, the more you stress about it, the more un-focused you become, directly leading to actual failure. Are you aiming for a high ATAR?

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Why do you feel like a failure when it hasn't even started?

Cynisca

HSC
Sounds great in theory...pity I can't concentrate. I've read the same thing so many times but I just not getting anywhere. My year 11 marks were terrible and I just don't know what will become of me now.

Cynisca

HSC
tbh, the more you stress about it, the more un-focused you become, directly leading to actual failure. Are you aiming for a high ATAR?
I know, that is precisely what worries me so much. Yes I'm aiming for a high ATAR, but at the moment I don't even know if I'm capable of passing my HSC when compared the the rest of the state.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds great in theory...pity I can't concentrate. I've read the same thing so many times but I just not getting anywhere. My year 11 marks were terrible and I just don't know what will become of me now.
Year 12.

New start

Don't dwell on your past :

Acknowledge it , label it and then dump it

It is quite unhealthy to dwell on past events

matchalolz

HSC
i think you need to put it behind and move on. My half-yearly marks in yr 11 were not-so-great but instead of feeling discouraged, I used it as motivation to smash the yearlies.

Cynisca

HSC
Why do you feel like a failure when it hasn't even started?
Because I haven't done anything productive these holidays and think I'm already behind. Not to mention the lack of motivation (which is also stressing me out). I'm sorry for appearing so negative.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Because I haven't done anything productive these holidays and think I'm already behind. Not to mention the lack of motivation (which is also stressing me out). I'm sorry for appearing so negative.
Oh psh.

Don't be sorry. Everyone has their problems.

What motivates you?

matchalolz

HSC
don't let negativity and lack of motivation get the better of you, use it to completely turn your marks around

Cynisca

HSC
Year 12.

New start

Don't dwell on your past :

Acknowledge it , label it and then dump it

It is quite unhealthy to dwell on past events
That's true I guess. Do you know how much I should be studying on average?

Cynisca

HSC
i think you need to put it behind and move on. My half-yearly marks in yr 11 were not-so-great but instead of feeling discouraged, I used it as motivation to smash the yearlies.
I'll try my hardest to do the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)