Year 11 Study Time (1 Viewer)

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I'm pretty sure bio is completely different in yr 12 and requires no previous knowledge. If you did it would probably just be simple concepts like osmosis and diffusion, and you'd need to know all the basic experiment stuff but hopefully you'd have done that through 7-10 anyways :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yeah I'm pretty sure bio is completely different in yr 12 and requires no previous knowledge. If you did it would probably just be simple concepts like osmosis and diffusion, and you'd need to know all the basic experiment stuff but hopefully you'd have done that through 7-10 anyways :p
lol! how do you know?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Hehe. Make no assumptions ;)

Ask those that currently do Biology or ask the teachers that teach it.

moeycq

b0$$
HSC
Also depends on your outside school commitments.. sport/family/gym.

Make yourself a study timetable, and it also depends on what you want to do in the future lol, I don't to get 85+ so I limit to like 2 hours of study a week (1 hour seperate days) which includes going over the weeks work, note taking or whatever.

For the most part, I usually do that mostly before exams (2-3 weeks before). And spend 2 hours per day note taking and reading.

Saccharine

bungee-jumping muggle
HSC
As someone studying the HSC i have been told do each subject in 30min blocks because that allows your brain to take in the information.

For example say you get home at 4pm give yourself half an hour to relax, then study 30mins of english, 30mins of Physics take a 30min stop to allow yourself to take in this imformation, do an hour of h/w or assessments just to take your mind away from all this information. (plus it needs to be done) have dinner/ chores if you have any, then do four 30min blocks of Gen Maths Ancient History Software Desgn and Legal Studies .

This is how i do it because this is how my Mentor has told me to do it so every subject gets studied for, my assessments and homework gets done. This doesnt make me to stressed, but normally like if i have exams (like for the next two weeks) i spend a couple more 30min blocks on them.

You have to find a way that works for you.
Good luck
That's really smart :)

Try doing "thinking" subjects and "memorizing" subjects alternately.
For example, if you're doing a subject like Biology (a lot of memorizing), you'd follow it with something like Maths (just calculations) so your brain doesn't have to overwork itself to retain information.

Not sure if that makes sense.. but, good luck :D

J

Jigabeth

;) Study smart, not hard.

In terms of UAI, I didn't do that well. The only reason I got into my course is 'cause they had additional selection criteria (ie. interview) that I aced.

I got 98.5, which is a lot lower than the median UAI for UNSW med but you'll find that quite a few people got UAIs a bit lower than mine and still got in.

Wow. I would be ecstatic if I got 98.5! That isn't because I don't think I could get that... its just really good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)