Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

deswa1

HSC
I reckon MOST of the grade would have found the test pretty hard. I found the test harder than your year's one but that's just me.

But I expect someone to get like 64/66 or so. I doubt anyone will get 100% though but who knows....
If it was harder than our test then you'll be fine. The marks in our test were 65/66, 64/66, 2x 62/66 and then 60/66 and it kept dropping from there so if it was harder, close to 60 will be very good.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Only problem is that even if I learn from my failures, perform better in the next test. I'll still end up screwing up in a later test. That trend has been evident this year.

In fact, in my junior years, I usually do much better in the half-yearlies then decline when I hit the yearlies... only exception was like Year 9?

Consistency has always been a problem for me. It'll still be a problem for me in Year 12 realistically.

I said I WANTED 60/66 (90%) in 3U but not sure if I will get it or not. I've already lost 5 to 6 marks for sure and counting. But, I will for sure not live up to my previous reputation and everyone's expectations this time.

I hope I do well in Economics to make up for it. I don't think I can handle another disappointing performance.

I reckon MOST of the grade would have found the test pretty hard. I found the test harder than your year's one but that's just me.

But I expect someone to get like 64/66 or so. I doubt anyone will get 100% though but who knows....
I understand how you feel. You didn't meet expectations set by people in school and your family and I'll be honest with you. I have had examinations in the past where I clearly didn't live up to the standards of scholars, especially in year 7 for me. What did I do? Took a week off and seriously, just went into holiday mode. Took a break, had fun and played games and went to Hong Kong completely forgetting about work for a while.

Let me ask you this question. Did you give 100% in that 3U exam? If you did, you shouldn't feel ashamed. Unnecessary worrying over an exam will not alter your mark so it's better you choose to forget it and continue on. When you look back at that exam paper in a decade's time, you'll probably have a laugh and simply leave it aside or chuck it in the bin.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I understand how you feel. You didn't meet expectations set by people in school and your family and I'll be honest with you. I have had examinations in the past where I clearly didn't live up to the standards of scholars, especially in year 7 for me. What did I do? Took a week off and seriously, just went into holiday mode. Took a break, had fun and played games and went to Hong Kong completely forgetting about work for a while.

Let me ask you this question. Did you give 100% in that 3U exam? If you did, you shouldn't feel ashamed. Unnecessary worrying over an exam will not alter your mark so it's better you choose to forget it and continue on. When you look back at that exam paper in a decade's time, you'll probably have a laugh and simply leave it aside or chuck it in the bin.
idk. I guess I just did everything I could. Maybe 99%. Maybe I wasn't focused enough.

I'll make sure I'll chuck it in the bin and start fresh next term. I don't ever like being demotivated by a poor result.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Your performance isn't based on a trend Rivalry, stop thinking along those delusional lines. Each test is a new test, you start from scratch. Your past performances don't dictate your future performances.

2xL

HSC
Your performance isn't based on a trend Rivalry, stop thinking along those delusional lines. Each test is a new test, you start from scratch. Your past performances don't dictate your future performances.
you are the most hated person on BoS. Even moreso than Living Moment.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
What defines you is not the past but the present and what you make out of your future, never mind the failures and setbacks.

enoilgam

HSC
This is very true. At the end of the day, you say you did your best (or close to it) and realistically, what else is there for you to do other than that?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just looking at my academic performance and the general trends within. It's like analysing something in Economics or the Business World, we work off trends.

And obviously, each test is a new test. Hence, I will never be consistent cause tests will either favour me or not. Not everything test will favour me. Even the questions themselves can determine a result. Had the chord of contact question been a different question, who knows what would have happened?

And it's not BS, yeah it's 99% skill but there's always that 1% luck of the draw (the questions themselves) that will determine things.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Yep this is so true.

This is why you are one of the most liked people on BoS.

deswa1

HSC
Can I please, please, please turn this thread into a big argument? I feel like a bit of debating...

theind1996

HSC
N/A
He really isn't.

I have no idea where you got that from - the simple reason that he enjoys English and justifies its existence as a compulsory course does not mean that he's hated.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Get em Enoilgam.

\\ BEGIN rant

Rivalry MAN UP and take life on. You are lucky that this is Year 11.

\\ END rant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)