Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (20 Viewers)

deswa1

HSC
Ah well- I'm off to bed. Tomorrow I want to see a new thread with a sexy name (Fawun don't disappoint :p)

See you guys tomorrow

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
I did :) Haha I was the last one who posted something school related so it's probably my fault, whoops! :p

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
nah it's not your fault

most people just got carried away with discussing what they were going to do at the meat lol
Haha, if people want someone to blame then I don't mind if it's me :) For now, lets just go to The Twink thread :D

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
I like Physics in general, exploring concepts such as Space and Motion, however at times Preliminary Physics gets very frustrating due to the huge amount of rote learning involved (less so for Physics I guess). But people tell me that HSC Physics is not what I expect Physics to be, and to be - like Preliminary a waste of time.

Should I drop Physics and continue with Chemistry and Economics with both 4Us?
Because Im coming to the realisation that the workload I have set myself up for is way too big, considering I dont want to drop anything (I cant decide lol I love all my subjects).

Also what kind of economics articles should I be reading in order to get better at analysing things in Economics.

And last question, for practise on hard questions should I be picking Terry Lee or Coroneos? (School tells us to buy Fitzpatrick but from what Ive heard teh questions arent that great). Note that good explanations arent a matter to me because I will pretty much learn maths from my teacher rather than the textbook. Also good Harder 3U questions are appreciated.

Thanks

HSC
Fitzpatrick isn't that good IMHO. TLee has some good questions but some are largely irrelevant wrt syllabus. Coroneos doesn't have graphs, perhaps for the fact that all the diagrams are hand written and he ceebs. The typeset is particularly annoying though, for coroneos.

For you Sy...Patel+TLee+cambridge would suffice and you can start doing past papers early on.

Both 4Us can be seen as dangerous. Are you really motivated to do a major work? You should have ideas in your mind if you are serious about doing Ex2.

Phys and chem and eco are VERY content laden - they will become a bore at times.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Fitzpatrick isn't that good IMHO. TLee has some good questions but some are largely irrelevant wrt syllabus. Coroneos doesn't have graphs, perhaps for the fact that all the diagrams are hand written and he ceebs. The typeset is particularly annoying though, for coroneos.

For you Sy...Patel+TLee+cambridge would suffice and you can start doing past papers early on.

Both 4Us can be seen as dangerous. Are you really motivated to do a major work? You should have ideas in your mind if you are serious about doing Ex2.

Phys and chem and eco are VERY content laden - they will become a bore at times.
Ah I see, so would it be wise to go ahead of the class in learning 4U? I dont want to learn the content with a wrong idea.

For Extension 2 English, I think I have a good idea but I think Ill speak with my English teacher this first week deeply about it and see if it will fetch me something good.

And for Physics and Chemistry and economics, I think I will definitely keep Chemistry and I really like economics, and I dont want to miss out on Physics but I feel like I should drop it lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)