• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 2013 Chit Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddy123

HSC
Re: The p00n thread

dw im a spastic,
lost 3 marks in physics for units.
mofaken kunts

deswa1

HSC

Have you guys been doing all nighters already? The lowest amount of sleep I ever had was 3 hours the night before an economics and MX1 test. My standard during trials was like 5-6 hours though so that's still pretty low

theind1996

HSC
N/A

fkd up= rank2nd?
and yer brahs u know what it is
Rank 90 and rank 100's...

Anyways, enoilgam and history buffs, any historical speeches you guys know of that present conflicting perspectives? E.g. I had Churchill's one to Allied Delegates, was in need of some other ones to possibly check out.

Siddy123

HSC

Have you guys been doing all nighters already? The lowest amount of sleep I ever had was 3 hours the night before an economics and MX1 test. My standard during trials was like 5-6 hours though so that's still pretty low
i did one coz i did my chem assignment, nek minnit update my laptop, everythin all gone, had to redo it :'(

theind1996

HSC
N/A

I'm with you,.

So many all nighters...
Nah Ima just study more during the day lol - wake up at 7:00-ish, study till 3:00 inc. breaks and then bludge rest of day.

Soz for school talk btw.

Examine

same
HSC

have done 3 this term.

starshine02

HSC

I never do allnighters for school. Only for watching stuff :'D

Eg155

HSC

Nah Ima just study more during the day lol - wake up at 7:00-ish, study till 3:00 inc. breaks and then bludge rest of day.

Soz for school talk btw.
agreed.

I'm going down the coast and just taking every book with me. Got a gazillion books to read. Not a fan of reading so this will be laborious holiday at times...

NIGHTS OFF. NO MORE NIGHTS.
Will sleep normal hours for the whole 6 weeks. Never skipping sleep ever again.

theind1996

HSC
N/A

Anyways, enoilgam and history buffs, any historical speeches you guys know of that present conflicting perspectives? E.g. I had Churchill's one to Allied Delegates, was in need of some other ones to possibly check out.
Guys halp pls

enoilgam

HSC

You could try some stuff from Richard Nixon (The Checkers speech, his resignation address). I dont know if there are enough techniques there though, but I think they are good for conflicting perspectives. If I think of something else, I will post it up.

deswa1

HSC
Jan 16 I think from memory- I'll check

Eg155

HSC
Enoil: WW1. just learn general fact for the core seeing as it is source analysis ?

enoilgam

HSC
Thank you very much :) I'll check out Nixon's speeches - I just didn't want to do MLK, JFK, Churchill, Obama etc. because they're overused.
Nixon is a good one - he is definitely underrated in terms of his speeches (probably because of the controversy surrounding him and his Presidency). Totally unrelated, but I think Nixon was a decent President.

Enoil: WW1. just learn general fact for the core seeing as it is source analysis ?
Pretty much - just master the factual elements of the syllabus. You wont be required to do any real in depth analysis like you would in the other parts.

deswa1

HSC

Thank you very much :) I'll check out Nixon's speeches - I just didn't want to do MLK, JFK, Churchill, Obama etc. because they're overused.

Anything else that skilfully uses rhetoric would be good. Thanks :)
What about a Hitler or Stalin speech? This might be interesting because I don't know what all markers would think of writing about Hitler but tbh, he's actually a fantastic speaker- you could whip out some nice stuff there imo

theind1996

HSC
N/A

What about a Hitler or Stalin speech? This might be interesting because I don't know what all markers would think of writing about Hitler but tbh, he's actually a fantastic speaker- you could whip out some nice stuff there imo
Hmm, Hitler’s Political Testament is a good one too.

I need something that effectively uses rhetoric to convince the audience of its perspective.

Too many choices haha.

enoilgam

HSC

Interesting - some of Hitler's speeches need to be heard to be believed. In one he talks about how compassion is for the weak and how it must be stamped out or something to that effect.

Hitler uses rhetoric like no other - say what you will about the man, but he was arguably one of the greatest orators of all time.

Last edited:

nifkeh

HSC
I slept at 12 and woke up at 5 for my latest assessment, that was the least number of sleep I had this term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)