Year 12 Farewell Song (1 Viewer)

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
I listened to No Longer There on the way to school on the last day and thought that it might be cool to get it into a slideshow last minute. Then I listened to the lyrics and realised that I'm pretty sure it's about humans destroying the environment. Still an awesome song though.
Yeah, totally agree with you. :uhhuh:

efhat

HSC
yaaaaay we had our graduation on thursday! we had Proper Education by Eric Prydz vs Floyd and We Go Together from Grease.......since i went to the fall out boy concert the nite b4 i wudve liked to have had Thnks Fr Th Mmrs but eh......i loooved our songs....good times

Last edited:

haji

HSC
at our school we have a graduation ceremony one the last Friday. after they have the final roll call ( read everyones name give out awards) the year as one walks out of the hall for the very last time. they usually sing a song during that... the school choir not yr 12... so for our yr the song was buetiful girls by shawn kingston...... problem was that the music teacher in charge forget we were an all boys school :confused::confused::confused::confused: :mad1::mad1::mad1:

benedict

HSC
hey people
speakign of songs we left to beastie boys "fight for your right" doesnt sound sentimental to most but was to us. and we walked into matchbox 20 " how far we've come"

:)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
in our formal pics (part of the slideshow) we had this song .. that i dont know the name of ! its that um .. "i'm too sexy for my shirt , too sexy for my shirt..." song. wth is it called LOL.

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Our fucked up teacher told us the day before we have 2 songs; we asked if we could know what they were....'NO!'

wtff..?

we dont even know our farewell songs on graduation, and better thing is, come graduation day there was NO EFFIN SONG!. nothing playeeeed! we just graduated singing our skool song and then poof walked out!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
stupid biaaatch

im evar so peed.

HSC
Well, our Year 12 song caused a lot of arguements in our year... One More Time, that crappy dance song, was the song in the end.... it was terrible because it has like two lines repeated for three or four minutes, and we all stood on stage just bopping. Ah well. :p

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
xclusv2bhung said:
in our formal pics (part of the slideshow) we had this song .. that i dont know the name of ! its that um .. "i'm too sexy for my shirt , too sexy for my shirt..." song. wth is it called LOL.
I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred

HSC
samiblonde said:
Well, our Year 12 song caused a lot of arguements in our year... One More Time, that crappy dance song, was the song in the end.... it was terrible because it has like two lines repeated for three or four minutes, and we all stood on stage just bopping. Ah well. :p
One More Time by Daft Punk. <3 <3

innit

HSC
it's too shameful to even say what my yr 12 songs were. let's just say there was a lot of mass mumbling and tune-guessing going on.. NOTE: if you ever change lyrics to a song make sure you keep no. of syllables the same.

Had it been my choice i would have gone with something like NWA's "fuck the police" - but appropriately change it to "fuck the HSC"

Fuck tha HSC
Comin straight from the underground
Young student got it bad cuz I'm lazy
And not just plain stupid so teachers think
They have the authority to kill a minority

ye what nigga!

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
samiblonde said:
That is almost exactly what happened at my school. Where do you go? There was so much uproar when we were told we werent gonna get a song played and then they played this crappy song. Lol we all just stood there while a few ppl got really into it and then practically everyone tried to get out of there as fast as possible at the same time cos we were all scrambling over chairs.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
My school played - 'Oh happy days" from Sister Act...it was a good choice cause we all knew the words to it! So many of us cried...

Redbeard

HSC
We didn't even have a farewell song. Our school had two assemblies for us the first of which was informal and for the rest of the students to farewell us, then that night we had the proper one.
During the day assembly it got to near the end and one of the other years needed to leave, so they skipped the rest and just had us walk out to them clapping, though with no song. At the formal one we had a few songs sung by students and music in the background of our video, but no actual farewell song.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Redbeard said:
We didn't even have a farewell song. Our school had two assemblies for us the first of which was informal and for the rest of the students to farewell us, then that night we had the proper one.
During the day assembly it got to near the end and one of the other years needed to leave, so they skipped the rest and just had us walk out to them clapping, though with no song. At the formal one we had a few songs sung by students and music in the background of our video, but no actual farewell song.
Yeah our school had 3 assemblies - Farewell Assembly, Graduation & Mock Assembly :D many memories...

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
MeOverYou said:
It's fitting though - we used to sing it whenever someone got sent out of our Year 9 maths class. Then whoever sung it got kicked out as well. One day we had 10 people outside. :p
:rofl: :rofl: that's gold!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

yellow_sub

HSC
we did "don't dream it's over" by crowded house performed by myself on piano and a friend singing and it was pretty awesome.

we also did an alternate version of "Imagine" by John Lennon called imagine there's no millar (the name of our principal is mr millar)

imagine there's no millar
it's easy if you try
without him being round
there's noone to maintain school pride

imagine there's no speeches
no long assemblies
no missing out on lunchtimes
no "excuse me listen please"

(chorus) imagine all the people
waiting for the day
tha-at school is done
you may say that we're dreamers
but we're not the only ones
we know someday you'll join us
and the school will have some fun

imagine theres no teysie (deputy principal)
making children cry
a hardened hot headed veteran
wearing a cute pink tie

imagine there's no water
to feed our lovely grass
maybe then we could cross it
on our way to class

(chorus)

it was pretty damn sweet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)