Year 9 & 10 Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Is accounting ATAR?
Yes it is!

I know this post is old, but I think everyone should be aware of how great it is to complete a cert 3 for free at Tafe (with the option of doing it online concurrently with your studies).

In NSW it is called Financial Services - Accounts Administration and you can even pick it up in Year 12 if you drop too many subjects and need more units. Can choose to do the HSC examination or not - depending on whether you want it to count to your ATAR (wouldn't hurt to count it). 10/10 recommend to anyone remotely interested in finance or getting a job when they leave high school!!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm entering grade 11 next year. My subjects are
Math A
Chemistry
Japanese
Legal Studies
Accounting
English

Should I do accounting or informational technologies?

I'm so dead.
Which does your school perform best in?

Future career aspirations?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd love to hear about any current year 9s or 10s on BOS. You guys are the future :p

patrickjames

HSC
I'm nearing the end of year 10 and I've only just started studying for exams. All of my friends aren't doing anything but my brother just graduated and so I've seen how much study my parents made him do so I'm trying to get into good habits.

joboroto

HSC
I'm nearing the end of year 10 and I've only just started studying for exams. All of my friends aren't doing anything but my brother just graduated and so I've seen how much study my parents made him do so I'm trying to get into good habits.
Same, all through high school I've had really bad study habits. Studying for year 10 exams now is had because of it, sometimes I wish I could go back and correct my habits before it really mattered.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Same, all through high school I've had really bad study habits. Studying for year 10 exams now is had because of it, sometimes I wish I could go back and correct my habits before it really mattered.
Well at least you are learning about how to study now before it comes to the HSC time.

worldno17

HSC
N/A
rip got my maths, science, english, geo etc yearlies in the next 3 days :') wish me luck yall

patrickjames

HSC
Can anyone offer some advice about studying? I've been studying for like 3 hours a day on weekdays and 4 on weekends but I feel like I haven't retained much information. I'm mainly focusing on English, maths and science. English I'm decent at but science and maths, while I really like them, I'm not getting the grades I want (mid to high 80's). Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance.

joboroto

HSC
Can anyone offer some advice about studying? I've been studying for like 3 hours a day on weekdays and 4 on weekends but I feel like I haven't retained much information. I'm mainly focusing on English, maths and science. English I'm decent at but science and maths, while I really like them, I'm not getting the grades I want (mid to high 80's). Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Have you been taking breaks? It's really important to take a break every once in a while - find a pattern that works for you. Browser extentions can help by reminding you to take breaks. Another thing is to hand-write notes. You're more likely remember information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)