Yearlies are approaching, preliminary-ers! (1 Viewer)

gleeek

HSC
The title speaks for itself. Have we all started to make study notes? If so how?
I'm thinking of going throuh every point of the syllabus for each subject- with English as an exception- and making detailed and concise notes for each, along with past papers and practise essays. Hopefully I commence this plan by next week sometime, if I wish for it to be effective.

So what are everyones plans regarding the yearlies?

starshine02

HSC
My yearlies are in over a months time so atm i'm definitely not prepared. just planning to revise halfyearly notes for the next week or so and then start writing notes afterwards and practising some papers a week before. :)

SuperHornet

HSC
We didn't have half yearly exams just assignements. I have notes for business and modern need to do notes for geography and pe. Hopefullly i can get time to go threw past papers

such_such

HSC
Well they give us 2 assessment free weeks. That'll be study time. Other than that I'm screweD

Mdzabakly

HSC
Im ok i guess,]
i have test notes for legal half yearlies ( so i should be ok just gotta write up till what we did bfor te yearlies )
Maths im dead :(
english i have my scafolds
biology i have a comprehensive study book and am tots ready :DD
hospitality i wont even bother studying for ( and ill still get first XD)
ancient history im gonna fail cuz there is a tun of seittt i havent written down into a study booklet, so ill have to do it all soon :( or risk losing mahh 1st place.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Thoughts on starting syllabus styled notes from scratch?
They'd have to be brief and very concise.

Which can be better since it allows you to memorise key things better.

aceer

HSC
I'm just going to take it easy considering these exams don't count towards anything..

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just going to take it easy considering these exams don't count towards anything..
This is half-true.

It doesn't count towards your ATAR but it's good preparation for the HSC expectations.

Study by all means but no need to stress yourself.

Charlotte00

HSC
Im ok i guess,]
i have test notes for legal half yearlies ( so i should be ok just gotta write up till what we did bfor te yearlies )
Maths im dead :(
english i have my scafolds
biology i have a comprehensive study book and am tots ready :DD
hospitality i wont even bother studying for ( and ill still get first XD)
ancient history im gonna fail cuz there is a tun of seittt i havent written down into a study booklet, so ill have to do it all soon :( or risk losing mahh 1st place.
Aww I'm sure you'll do fine! Just stay focused!

And our school had their exams week 2 + 3 so I'm all done!

planino

HSC
I've only done a bit of chem and half of my eco notes :( And my exams start in less than 3 weeks. So happy that these don't count toward the HSC, but we don't have the luxury of saying that for much longer :/

Back to typing up about metal reactivities....

Dan895

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm going to do a few past papers in chem so I can hopefully hold 1st place, try for top 3 in physics and try my very very hardest to do well in maths ext 1 so I don't have to whinge to much to get into MX2. :p

HSC
Well, My tests start in 2 weeks 6 days from now so I think I have enough time to go through all the syllabuses.. Besides English and Ancient. I mean I don't really care about these tests since they don't count for anything but I really want to see if I can achieve over 90+% in all the tests + its great practice to get in the habit now instead of starting to do it next yr. Hopefully procrastination doesn't set in like it usually does So, From now I'll probably do what RivarlyTroll said and make short sum ups of each syllabus dot point especially for Chem, Do some past papers etc.

Leviathan96

HSC
I haven't done anything all year... freaked out last week when I realised how much everyone else had done.
However, I've started all my subject notes from scratch via the syllabus. It's quite excellent, writing notes/extended responses in relation to the syllabus demands allows me to understand the markers way of thinking/framework of each course. Don't know why I didn't do this earlier.

English for me is just re-reading the set texts/reviewing conceptual frameworks/thematics etc. I'm writing short paragraphs in response to the syllabus for each. That's about it.

General Maths... lol. Nada. Biggest ceebs.

ayeplus_

HSC
I've been procrastinating a lot, so not much work has been done...
But I'm going to work on a consistent and long studying regime which will consist of revising the syllabus, doing practice questions and practice exams.
I'm just gonna focus on studying 2U Maths, Chem and Bio since there's a lot of content lol

Arex123

HSC
My school synched the trials with the prelim exams, so mine are over tomorrow!!!
But it sucks. A lot. We had the same amount of assessment tasks in 5weeks that we should've had in 8 :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)