Yearly Grading (1 Viewer)

v26

HSC
How is ur yearly grade decided? (A, B, C ,D, E) is is like over an average of 80% is an A or some type of similar system? Trying to figure my grading out cause of subject selection.:D

HSC
it depends on each school

although for sc its different..liek the bos allocate a certan number of grades based on exams..

but anyway.for my school
A 87-100
B 75-87
C 62-75
D 50-62
E 0-50 i think

N for no attempt..

DutchessDeluded

HSC
yeah for evry scool it is diff but 4 mine its:

A:90-100
B:70-89
C:50-69
D:25-49
E:0-24

Aznmichael92

HSC
i think my school is same as dutchess but then they take into account of what other people got. So there is sort of like a process of alligning marks. Right now for history, i got 89 and its one of the top marks in grade. :D Hope it pulls up to be an A :D

smushieex

HSC
My school bases the grades on how the whole grade performed.
Like the highest score and the lowest, then they'll work out percentages from there.

Miss Code

HSC
Yeah each school is different which is actually a bad thing they should be the same in every school i personally think.

:read:

HSC 09'
Standard English
Society and culture
Business Studies
Community and Family
Hospitality
Photography ( contemplating dropping)

aimhigh10

HSC
im not sure how my school calculates it..
because in my last report for french where i got 94, i got an A, but then for modern, with the same mark, i got a B
confused..:confused:

Miss Code

HSC
aimhigh10 said:
im not sure how my school calculates it..
because in my last report for french where i got 94, i got an A, but then for modern, with the same mark, i got a B
confused..:confused:
The best way would to be to ask your teachers, dont stress or worry because as i have learnt that gets you know where but confused and without answers.
Different classes have different ratings, scales and grades.
Just ask your teachers, they are actually the good guys willing to help :)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Not only does each school make the determination but it can even be done differently in each subject within the school.

We look very closely at the marks but also at the performance descriptor bands for each band e.g. if a student fits into the C category on marks but there is a solid reason why their mark is there but they for most of the year they have shown that they really are a B student then we will give them the B (we thus can have two students with the same mark but different grades).

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
For our school, the grade is scaled up or down depending on what the top marks and according to that its an A, B, C etc... Lets say if the person who come first in maths gets 92, and the person who came second gets 86, they will both get A, I think its about a 10 mark separation, 15 for B, 15 for C etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)