• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Your feelings towards internationals. (2 Viewers)

flutterby1

HSC
N/A
Hey that's not cool.

Who is William Saletan what makes him qualified to make those statements? At least choose to quote something with a little more academic credibility.

I think cultural factors have a big influence on how well Asians perform academically. Getting into a decent university or other higher learning institution (they have different systems in different areas of Asia) is very competitive. There arent that many prestigious or recognised universities in Asia. Jiao Tong University and NUS in Singapore and Tokyo University are some off the top of my head. Otherwise not many are in the world's top 100. The workforce is also very competitive in Asia, I suppose that explains why many people in Asia also get their masters degree while you'd be hard pressed to find anyone with more than a bachelors degree in Australia. I do understand that Asians study for their masters in Australia to apply for permanent residency status but I have spoken to many Chinese and Hongkies and they say that holding a masters is important, while in Australia it can hinder your employment prospects straight outta grad. So if they have the money, international students who couldn't get into a decent uni in China or want a Western education come here. Being Western educated can help when getting a job and it gives you English skills which is very important if you want to make it far.

Gone off on a tangent. I think its cultural not genetic. Many Asian cultures place alot of emphasis on education, having to do better than the other person. Study camps are common in Japan, Korea and China. Aussie Asians are a different story though.

nutting

HSC
katie tully said:
Dumbfuck, I'm 2nd year MedSc/Forensic Biotech.
And they still haven't explained to you in Forensics that you can take a brain out but can't put it back in ?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
nutting said:
So an Aussie Uni rigged it to help Asian students but not you. Sounds like PARANOIA or is it that you couldn't beat them so you slag them?
Yes, that is exactly right. International students paying full fees are very valuable to universities. If they failed them like they should they would stop coming and uni's would lose a ridiculous amount of money. It's not paranoia. I've seen it happen in every subject I've done with a lot of internationals in it.

I do a group report with them and their part is so horrible I can't understand what they are saying and need to completely rewrite it, but when it comes to individual assessments they miraculously pass. They do presentations and you can't understand a single word they are saying but they get an automatic 6/10. Even with consideration given to the fact that English is not their first language they should not be passing.

I've had to do group assignments with people I could not understand, not a single word.

...and everyone just ignores the whole thing like it is some kind of myth. When you try and bring it up fuckwits like you act like it isn't happening or blame it on racism.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
nutting said:
And they still haven't explained to you in Forensics that you can take a brain out but can't put it back in ?
Well in your case, there wouldn't be one to take out in the first place.

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
nutting said:
When you actually get into Med Sci Program...they will teach you that Brain Transplants are still THEORY only.

But there's hope, it's easier to get a personality transplant and I highly recommend it for you.:rofl:
Do you just not have a sense of humour?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
nutting said:
fuck off gook

nutting

HSC
flutterby1 said:
Hey that's not cool.

Who is William Saletan what makes him qualified to make those statements? At least choose to quote something with a little more academic credibility.
There are heaps of such articles floating around ..I just cant be bothered to Google it now.
I agree Asian culture emphasises Education far more than Europeans.

That said, European " free-sprited" focussed education encourages more creativity. Hence whilst Asians excel at Violin or Piano, composers are still predominantly European

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
nutting said:
There are heaps of such articles floating around ..I just cant be bothered to Google it now.
I agree Asian culture emphasises Education far more than Europeans.

That said, European " free-sprited" focussed education encourages more creativity. Hence whilst Asians excel at Violin or Piano, composers are still predominantly European
europeans also have much, much bigger penises then their tiny asian counterparts.

nutting

HSC
katie tully said:
Well in your case, there wouldn't be one to take out in the first place.
Sigh...were you sleeping in anatomy class the day they were explaining Brains ? You see those brains floating in jars of alcohol?

One day your's will be in there labelled

" Med School reject- contains govt reports only"
:hammer:

nutting

HSC
jb_nc said:
europeans also have much, much bigger penises then their tiny asian counterparts.
You'd know off course because you had so many of them ?

:shy:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
nutting said:
Sigh...were you sleeping in anatomy class the day they were explaining Brains ? You see those brains floating in jars of alcohol?

One day your's will be in there labelled

" Med School reject- contains govt reports only"
:hammer:
Well we skipped the part where we were meant to study Asian brains.

Blank page.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I guess you skipped asian penises too because there aren't that many electron microscopes in Parkes?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Riet said:
I guess you skipped asian penises too because there aren't that many electron microscopes in Parkes?
Correct!

EDIT: And not many Asians to study. We're a sterile environment.

nutting

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Yes, that is exactly right. International students paying full fees are very valuable to universities. If they failed them like they should they would stop coming and uni's would lose a ridiculous amount of money. It's not paranoia. I've seen it happen in every subject I've done with a lot of internationals in it.

So why aren't you criticising these Universities for their corrupt standards instead.? Instead you chose to attack Asians.

Better still why not find a university that doesn't have Asians .
Ooops, not possible...they are everywhere and they look alike

nutting

HSC
katie tully said:
Correct!

EDIT: And not many Asians to study. We're a sterile environment.
Sorry to hear your Eggs are useless.
But the gene pool needs thinning anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)