Yr 11 asking what do u do at uni ?????? (1 Viewer)

Varin9

HSC
hi, im planning to do b. comm at unsw, and just wanna know what do u do in the lectures, and is the course i wanna do really boring like heaps of theory and stuff. Are there heaps of essays as well, ??? thx any other info wud be appreciated

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Lectures... you listen to the lecturer.

And uhh, I'm doing Commerce - it's not really boring, if you like it. And there's not a lot of essays... yet. Lots of questions though. They give you textbook stuff to do.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
The best thing I could recommend is you tag along with a uni student. Or just go to the uni itself and walk into lectures (nobody cares about it). Thats the best way you'll know.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
:O YOU CAN DO THAT?
Totally going to call my cousin and see if she'll take me to uni with her :D Pharmacy seems interesting anyway. I bet they drug lab rats and see how they react to different drugs. I really hope she lets me tag D:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Accounting is really boring and makes me want to suicide and the lecturer looks like Kim Jung Il.

The good thing about engineering is that almost nothing is boring.

laplace20

Banned
HSC
N/A
Accounting is really boring and makes me want to suicide and the lecturer looks like Kim Jung Il.

The good thing about engineering is that almost nothing is boring.
yeh but accountings pretty easy, just a few little things on names of accounts that they try and catch you on, but so far accounting looks pretty easy, and in my opinion , all we have done in week 2 - 5 has just been revision of week 1 with greater detail, most of it is just repetition now lol

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
wateva, I like microeconomics about 50 million times better

FINS1613 is also great, the whole course is multiple choice

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
But Dr. Lim is a great lecturer! It's not "cost of goods sold", it's "cost oh goo soh". Gotta love the accent!

He's also my tutor. He covered contra accounts a week before we got taught it in lectures, along with the system of debit/credit =P

Tofuu

HSC
But Dr. Lim is a great lecturer! It's not "cost of goods sold", it's "cost oh goo soh". Gotta love the accent!

He's also my tutor. He covered contra accounts a week before we got taught it in lectures, along with the system of debit/credit =P
Chhhyeaaa

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
and my Accounting tutor is a fob international, when she says "ledger" it sounds like "ladder". fml

FrozenSky

HSC
Commerce is boring, no one can deny that.
Some compulsory subjects in commerce is just plain stupid, all you do is memorise e.g. management, integrating business perspective etc... In all honesty, those subjects doesn't help you at all, they are basically teaching you common sense. So yes, it is boring, and there's plenty of theories (depending on your major, accounting for example is just crunching numbers).

sinophile

HSC
N/A
:O YOU CAN DO THAT?
Totally going to call my cousin and see if she'll take me to uni with her :D Pharmacy seems interesting anyway. I bet they drug lab rats and see how they react to different drugs. I really hope she lets me tag D:
You definately should if she's okay with it. Its a good experience, tells you what uni is like. I wish I did it when I was still in high school, otherwise I might not have been stuck in a degree which I didn't like and had severe, SEVERE problems with adjusting.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
I hate first sem subjects. And if I don't like second sem subjects, I'm probably going to transfer out of commerce into engineering or something.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Pure maths is pointless like arts. If you're going to do maths do applied.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I hate first sem subjects. And if I don't like second sem subjects, I'm probably going to transfer out of commerce into engineering or something.
What's wrong with first sem subjects? =(

Jonneeh

HSC
If your doing straight out commerce youll only be at uni for 2 days if you can manage your timetable. Max you'll be there 3 days.

I got annoyed at the accounting lecturer we've had for the past 3 weeks? At times he goes sooooooooooooooooooooooooo slllllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwww

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)