• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Yr 11 performance (1 Viewer)

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
bored of sc said:
the key to good grades is:
> consistency/continuity (i.e. doing all homework, not slacking off)
Homework really isn't that important if the teacher gives homework for the sake of giving homework. I know some of my teachers do that, and the work ends up being redundant. :(

If a teacher specificly picks out certain questions because they think those are the best, then you should take a look. :D

bored of sc said:
> reflecting upon concepts and relating it to yourself (seeing the true value of what you learn usually makes learning it easier and more enjoyable e.g. the themes of an english text in society today (for example, in Othello racism, revenge, facades and the power of manipulation as a means of control)
> trying to have FUN (the hardest one of all!)
I never thought about it that way... english is usually completely irrelevant to me. I'll give your way a shot. :D
I've never had fun studying... :( ever...

selablad

HSC
foram said:
I never thought about it that way... english is usually completely irrelevant to me. I'll give your way a shot. :D
I've never had fun studying... :( ever...
That's because bored of sc's way is a lot more entertaining than yours :D

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
selablad said:
That's because bored of sc's way is a lot more entertaining than yours :D
Yea. well, lazy people (like me) won't be able to do it bored of sc's way. :D

Actually, that a bad thing. :(

jimmayy

HSC
foram said:
Chemistry, it's just read your textbook soo many times it gets stuck in your long term memory.

Economics, read your textbook soo many times it gets stuck in your long term memory.

Physics, read your textbook soo many times it gets stuck in your long term memory.

In math, it's NOT being overconfident, because that will make you careless. Also, you need to be thinking about the structure of the question, the method and formular you'll use to solve it, and what you're solving for. e.g If they ask for a point, don't just find the x-value.

English, ... take some drugs to give yourself some interesting perspectives. But don't take too many or else you won't be able to hold your pen properly. :D
ohh i seee yeah im waiting to get my test results but thanks and yeah

its true with physics i jsut read my textbook BUT dotn record anything and it gets stuck in my head.

jimmayy

HSC
bored of sc said:
the key to good grades is:
> consistency/continuity (i.e. doing all homework, not slacking off)
> repetition (i.e. revision, applying work to questions/essays e.g. the layout of maths exercises makes the same working/formulae recur so you get used to working with it
> persistence (not giving up, sounds cliche but it is very important to stick with the concepts that you don't understand at first as they may 'click' later)
> being tuned-in (i.e. listening carefully and taking in concepts - reflecting upon them and understanding them fully
> variety (using different formats to study material e.g. changing a table into a mind map)
> realistic studying (i.e. to avoid burning out or chilling out too much you must not overload or underload your work-load) - study smart :wave:
> luck (this is purely by chance obviously)
> reflecting upon concepts and relating it to yourself (seeing the true value of what you learn usually makes learning it easier and more enjoyable e.g. the themes of an english text in society today (for example, in Othello racism, revenge, facades and the power of manipulation as a means of control)
> trying to have FUN (the hardest one of all!)
to be honest man your one hella of a helper you know. Thanks i sure am gonna be using this as in i will look onto this ~

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Sarah182 said:
We got our half yearly reports today, I seem to have misplaced it so I only remember my placings :uhoh:
English (Advanced)- 1st
English Extension- 1st
Chemistry- 1st
Maths (Advanced)- 1st
Maths Ext.- 3rd :mad: (should be doing better than that!)
PDHPE- 3rd
Bio- 4th :angry: :angry:

My goal is to be in the top 2 in every subject by the end of the year. I have to keep studying hard.:read: But these results have increased my modivation.
Too many angry faces... Your ranks are good :)

gurmies

Drover
HSC
Pretty dissapointed with the happenings of the the first assessments!

Economics - 33/40 in exam, 20/20 for economy comparison (Russia & Australia) and 8/10 (speech accompanying it)

Chemistry - 22.5/31 in exam (knew EVERYTHING in the exam, lost MANY marks for "dubious" wording) 19/20 multiple choice test, 18.5/20 for gravimetric analysis

English ADV - 16/20 exam (epic fail)

English Ext - 13/20 (epic fail the 2nd)

Legal Studies - 23/25 (court essay) and 25/25 (speech)

Mathematics 2U - 100% in exam 56/56

Mathematics Ext - 94% 48/51

Considering the lack of study that went into these exams, I have forgiven myself. Looking at all A's in my report because in-class work has been near 100% in every subject.

AnandDNA

HSC
:O do we still get graded this year. i thought all we would be getting is just our ranks :(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
AnandDNA said:
:O do we still get graded this year. i thought all we would be getting is just our ranks :(
I don't get any grade such as A, B, C or D. I only get ranks & marks.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I just remembered that some students in my year watched online videos to help them study for subjects with large amounts of content (Bio and Ancient History). They said that it was much more helpful than just reading the textbook and was very refreshing. It's just a thought for those of us who don't enjoy studying :)

selablad

HSC
AnandDNA said:
I wish my school gave ranks :burn: all we get are grades...

Ishynooshy

HSC
I got my mid year report tonight. I don't think I did that great considering theres a lot of room for improvement. Course average in brackets
Biology:grade-A
Field trip report-75% (58%)
Halflies-89% (71%)

Chemistry: Grade- B
Reseach task-79%(70%)
Halflies- 80% (70%)

Adv. English: grade-C :uhoh:
AOS Essay-70%(48%)
Halflies- 53% (56%) =(

Ext English: Grade D :eek:
Halflies: 58%(63%)

Maths and Maths ExtI: grade B
Term one test: 78%(68%)
halflies: 80% (64%)

Physics- grade A
research task: 84% (64%)
halflies: 78% (72%)

I'm disappointed, sorta, and surprised. No one in the grade got an A for adv english and I got an A in physics which I was thinking of dropping...
Ah well, im dropping english ext in term 4 for sure :p

dv3

HSC
My results are satisfactory at the moment but slowly decaying

bored of sc

HSC
english speech - the one I posted up here and you guys helped me with - 90% - rank equal 1st - thanks guys!!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
selablad said:
I wish my school gave ranks :burn: all we get are grades...
Trust me, unless you're a consistent Top 5 student in a 210 cohort, you don't want grades. I'll take my 42nd rank grade as a High Distinction (the highest 'tier') anyday.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
bored of sc said:
english speech - the one I posted up here and you guys helped me with - 90% - rank equal 1st - thanks guys!!
*Applauds*. I also got 18/20 (90%) in that speech where I asked for supplementary texts :). But I didn't rank 1st, I ranked 2nd :mad:. Congrats bored of sc :).

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
jellybelly59 said:
congrats bored of sc and razizi crazy marks and rankings :D
Haha jellybelly, congrats on your rankings too :D. I saw them somewhere on boredofstudies ^^ you smart one :).

bored of sc

HSC
Razizi said:
I got 18/20 (90%) in a speech
nice job - in a general sense that almost cliche idea comes back into my head: 'hard work breeds high grades' :D - keep up the consistency Razizi

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Razizi said:
*Applauds*. I also got 18/20 (90%) in that speech where I asked for supplementary texts :). But I didn't rank 1st, I ranked 2nd :mad:. Congrats bored of sc :).
:mad: I got 17/20 [85%] in Extension 1 speech and I'm not even in rank 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)