Yr 12 Privileges (1 Viewer)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
:D Hey, just wondering what kind of special treatment and privileges that you guys get now that ur yr 12. :confused:

princesskt

HSC
umm.. top priority on computers (if someone is on a cmputer and we need it we can kick em off it)
we're allowed our mobiles
we're allowed to go across to the Caltex at recess and lunch
common room..
things like that
and teachers definitely respect you more

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Year 12 was awesome!!! :D

I called teachers by their first names and was on more of a friend level than a student-teacher level.
Oldest students in the school meant u got respect from everyone, not only teachers and staff.
Use of Senior Carpark was more noticable as more Year 12ers got their Ps.
Canteen usage was more effective as I got on friend terms with the Canteen ladies too so I was permitted to walk into the canteen and serve myself. (this was aided by the fact that I was a prefect who worked in there one day a week all year anyway)
aaaaahh good times :)

EDIT: I just realised that this post has been the first one i've made for agessssssss!! haha it's good to be back :p

w00dy.

HSC
a common room. although we got our relatively earlier then previous years due to circumstances.
constant speils about how 'everything counts'
reinforcing the idea that you are the role models of the school....pity the year 7 kids this year didnt pay much attention to that one...
the ability to get through the canteen line quicker...

and then its the usual.

teachers being nice (when they arent handing out assessments) etc etc

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
As I went to a senior school for year 11 and 12 the privileges and how we were treated as students really didn't change as there was only two years (preliminary and HSC) as my school to begin with - so much better then a 7-12 school :p.

- First priority on textbooks.
- Drafts marked faster and assessments returned quicker.
- Priority help from teachers.

Welcome back to posting Jono!

Beege

HSC
Access to the library whenever we want, I always go there in my free periods to do some homework etc.

We when have photos early next year we get to have a muck up photo where we can dress up as something etc. funny stuff

We get an excursion at the end of term 3 to either luna park or jamberoo, i say it will be jamberoo as it is way better

We get to wear a jersey next year

On our last few days at the school we can have waterbomb fights etc. create mayhem haha

We get a graduation dinner at the end of term 3

Plus heaps more stuff

Should be very memorable indeed

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Not many privileges....
Seniors have their own canteen line, their own seating area, occasionally got to sit on chairs for school liturgy's and masses....
But the so-called "privileges" didn't really apply to my year. We weren't allowed to leave during our frees (unless it was the last 2 periods, or the last period of the day). We couldn't leave at lunch even if we did have the rest of the afternoon off (didn't really stop many people though). We couldn't even go to the "senior study" during our frees, but instead had to go to classrooms and be hounded by teachers to make sure we were being "productive".
I don't think that the kids in the lower grades were even intimated by our grade... But the relationships with teachers was heaps better.

Teddy Lee

HSC
we get a few:

- senior canteen line
- parking facilities
- westfield lunchtime passes
- leave early and arrive late in P1 and P2 frees
- jersey next year
- teachers mark your work a lot faster and give better feedback
- teachers are more willing to help you out and it's a more friendly relationship
- a yr 12 cottage
- senior computers

it's pretty good!

princesskt

HSC
wm_abusef said:
I called teachers by their first names and was on more of a friend level than a student-teacher level.
this too.. well i dont call them by they're first names but it is more of a friend-friend level then student-teacher

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
I was allowed to do almost anything throughout the year and get away from it, whilst others copped it. Well that's probably because my teachers trusted me. So, there's a hint lolz.

Robbeh

HSC
1.) work handed back priority
2.) free periods <omfg i love frees!
3.) freedom

(note: always been able to go out @ lunch)

HSC
hmm..

canteen line.. but thats a yr 11 thing aswell
usage of the senior entrance.. thats also a year 11 thing..
free periods!! another year 11 and 12 thing
as someone mentioned earlier.. a shitload of assessments...:mad1:
but i guess one good thing is that we have heaps of respect from the teachers and juniors. they step out of the way when theyre in the corridor:rofl:
also the teachers are more calm.. they tend to swear more freely in senior classes:haha:
we also get a common room.. but i think we get the keys to that next term:mad1:
and we get shit from all the teachers.. tuck your shirt in.. set an example for the junior grades.. dont leave the school grounds.. this is your hsc STOP SCREWING AROUND!! this is your final year.. start to think about your futures... bla bla f*n bla...:mad1:

yeahh.. thats my rant:)

ybnormal

The depths of my mind are the safest places
HSC
well...priviliges... ours got revoked by our year co-ordinator. cant memba the reason y... oh yes, our year was lazy. (admittedly, most of us cant be bothered in studying)
we do howvere get semi-individual study rooms next yr (have to share with one other eprosn, mebe two)

apart form that, nothing we havent had in yr 11, no keaving early or coming late for us!!! (and if we do leave outside of specified times, they revoke our driving permits :burn: )

xsavagex

HSC
we dont get much
-common room
-respect from teachers.. more like friends tan teachers
-allowed to go home if u have a free last but not during the day =[

thats about it lol LAME.. oh and we get to wear more jewellery lol

Agywaggy

HSC
Umm year 12 privilleges, well being the school my school is we don't hve much...
1) NO Common Room
2) NOT allowed to leave early, if you have a free last period. Well not at the moment anyways and next year we can leave early but we have earn it first.
3) NO comming late
4) Not Allowed to wear Jerseys at School when we get them next year
5) We get FREE periods!!!
6) More respect from Teachers!
7) Not a Privillege, more like a sin but more Assessments and Homework! but thats more like a given anyway.

Yer thats all... Not much....

goosiegoo

HSC
We have.. uhh...

heaps of respect from teachers, l'm alot worser behaved in class than i used to be, but seeing as it's all in good fun the teahcers just laugh.. whereas in junior school they would have kicked me out..
a senior common room
a seating area (in my case it's cut off from all juniors.. and it's like the 'ideal' place and all the juniors are afraid of going there... and it's prettier..)
We get to leave early if we have a free 6th and come late if we have a free 1st..
General lording over the juniors, you can use the 'i'm a senior and amvery important' excuse for everything.
etc etc etc. hehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)