Yr 12 Privileges (1 Viewer)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Year 12 privileges? Uhh, there's a senior study at my school (the existence of which, btw, was never that apparent to me :eek:)...and it seems to be a tradition that year 12s always push forward in canteen lines, because of "lunchtime classes" XD

Robbeh said:
2.) free periods <omfg i love frees!
Talking about free periods, I like those, but not particularly the "free time" you have between assessment tasks. Like today I have to hand in my IPT task before 8:45am, and now I'm to sit here for four hours before the chem prac at 12:50. <.<

Fun, eh? Especially considering I only had something like 3h sleep last ngiht and could really do with some more sleep x.x

RedTape

HSC
We have heaps. ^^
  • Allowed to leave in private study/free periods, no matter where they are during the day.
  • Not so strict on uniform - we get away with a lot of things that juniors don't.
  • We're allowed to go down the street for lunch.
  • The teachers will go out of their way to sit down with us and explain something we don't understand.
  • Year 12 jerseys.
  • Priority over computers, text books, etc.
  • Our Wednesdays are one big study in the library. This is called Failsafe, and it goes for the whole day. Although it's pretty boring a lot of the time, it give Year 12s time to spend on assessments and homework. We keep track of what we do during the day with our Failsafe plan books, and give feedback on our progress. Also, the juniors have sport at this time, so the teachers are always on hand if we need help for anything.
  • Teachers being more friendly and laid back, not so much of an authority figure.

Amy Lou

Academic
HSC
Nothing everyone else hasn't already mentioned, but we deserve them I can't imagine doing yr11 and 12 without the privleges we're given that are some what needed. I.E the study periods that help with the assignments is used wisely.

HSC
wow we get nothing...
our principle wont let us drop units til next term, were not allowed to go home if u did (u can only if u have over 10 units). we get no respect off the students, we were expecting it , when we were young the senior uniform meant sumfin. we dont get comman rooms or anything else good.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Other than the swearing and priority and a little bit more respect, it's still all the same.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Geez, we get like nothign in comparison
Our school had a senior common room, but it got converted into a drama studio.
Also, we have one canteen line for both yr 11 and 12, unlike the other years who have one each.

So yeah...um...we get to get on the buses first. Thats about it.

pruie

HSC
Beege said:
Access to the library whenever we want, I always go there in my free periods to do some homework etc.

We when have photos early next year we get to have a muck up photo where we can dress up as something etc. funny stuff

We get an excursion at the end of term 3 to either luna park or jamberoo, i say it will be jamberoo as it is way better

We get to wear a jersey next year

On our last few days at the school we can have waterbomb fights etc. create mayhem haha

We get a graduation dinner at the end of term 3

Plus heaps more stuff

Should be very memorable indeed

this is what the year 12s expect at my school:
- to be able to use our study periods in the library without the little kids being noisy
- younger kids not mucking up the stuff in our common room
- get a jersey at the end of yr 11
- be able to leave early/arrive late when we have no classes
- more respect from staff/students
- big formal at the end of year 12, not that i'll go, though, cause it means i'll have to wear a dress :(
- being able to play sport with the younger grades in study periods
- calling the teachers by first names and usually getting away with it

that's general stuff for us...

vorahk

HSC
-can go anywhere in our frees/lunch/recess (mainly across the road to Shell or the take away/coffee shop )
-jerseys ( XD got ours already)
-lack of uniform
-senior canteen lines
-respect from younguns/ teachers
-back seats of the bus

lost of privileges as yr 12s
-no sign ins anymore.... ffs we HAVE to attend PC
-lost the yr 12 common, its turned into a PE staffroom... T_T
bottom line, hate my new principal/ deputy, they took it away from us because the last yr 12s fucked up somehow....

lol pruie, i'm sure you look pretty in a dress. or just make sure you go to the afters :p

Last edited:

IceOnFire

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
WHAT! Thats a good thing; you're lucky!
All the snotty Year 7s get on first =/
I reckon! That's what happens to us too. They apparently have to get on the buses first because otherwise they wouldn't know how to get home by themselves. :rolleyes:

I don't feel any special being year 12s, other than having the senior room all to ourselves. :D

ybnormal

The depths of my mind are the safest places
HSC
pruie, why do u have to wear a dress?
is it an actual school rule, or soes society expect u to wear some dress that probably doesnt ahve a lot of material in it.
formal=formal gear. no mention of a dress anywhere. go in a suit if that floats ur boat :)

Robbeh

HSC
ybnormal said:
pruie, why do u have to wear a dress?
is it an actual school rule, or soes society expect u to wear some dress that probably doesnt ahve a lot of material in it.
formal=formal gear. no mention of a dress anywhere. go in a suit if that floats ur boat :)
Excatly, as ybnormal said - Why be normal?! BE OUTSTANDING!

(sorry poster above - I couldn't help it!)
Pruie, we've all seen movies where the father regrets not going to the Prom and strongly advises his son to go (or was that Smallville? meh details). Go to the darn thing and have a ball, on your own terms!!

HSC
We dont get heaps.
We get:
-Jerseys
-Free periods.
-Flexible attendance (that may not even happen. its not suposed to start till next year but people have been coming and going anyway. so they might not give it to us.)
-Parking privledges.
- Our own canteen line.
- Way better relationships with teachers.

T

Testpilot

Exphate said:

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Lets see what we got.

Unattainable expectations
Constant N award threats
Constant eviction threats if our attendance was subpar
30+ assessment tasks (gotta love those!!!)
Pointless bullshit about how fuckin "important" the hsc is.
Being looked up at as a rolemodel for the school - BEHAVE MOTHERFUCKERS.
Raise the Bar!!

EDIT: I enjoyed being able to 'recomend' punishments for the little year 8 shits who thought they were all gangsters. Its funny, they cry when they get in trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sofstar

HSC
We get:
- senior uniform, yr 11 n yr 10 get em too....yeah kinda sucks.
- senior canteen line, shared with yr 11
- jerseys next year
- sit on chairs during assembly while everyone else gets pin n needles.
- spares, yr 11 get em too
- priority for marking
- teachers dont care as much when you turn up to class late.
- yr 12 common room
- heaps of leadership talks and careers talk

BlackDragon

HSC
ahh.. you're all missing the point.
the best priviledge is that:

YOU GET TO LEAVE AT THE END OF THE YEAR!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)