ZOMG... Im now a Heffa. (1 Viewer)

katy-g

HSC
... Well not really.

But still, somehow... like 8kgs have snuck up and grabbed onto my ass and thighs.

Im not really chunky... but im not thin. Im one of those average size 10 chickees. Now, im still fitting into all my clothes mind you (My skinny legs are just as tight as ever) but i was at the gym last night and just decided to sporadically weigh myself (as you do) because i hadn't done some in a while.

I had noticed recently that i had put on weight... like in ballet standing in a leo and tights doesnt allow you to hide much, but i thought it may have been liek 2-3kgs at the most... then i found out it was like 8kgs and i almost hit the floor.

So like, i have my sisters wedding coming up and its like impossible for me to lose weight quickly (so its probably a good thing i weighed myself last night) so i need people to purpose strategies for me to lose this additional pudge i have gained!!!

Ok dont write something like 'eat healthy' or 'exercise' cos i do actually do that... i need specific suggestions or methods that you have found useful and / or have worked for you!

Thanks for ur help in advance xoxx.

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
for me eating 7 or so small meals a day when i'm fairly active and at uni works really well.

plus if you can see that the weight is "sticking" to certain areas then when exercising do exercises specifically to tone those areas.

sorry not much help. good luck anyways

arrested development
HSC
If you still fit into your clothes then it's highly likely you've not actually put on 8 "real" kgs. Numbers can be ambiguous because a) you may have just gained some more muscle recently and, as we all know, muscle weighs more than fat; b) you may just be retaining extra water; and c) females do have a tendency to weigh more at certain times of the month.

Do you keep track of your measurements? because that's be the best way to see if you really have put on weight.

And, really, the only effective way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you consume. Also make sure to get enough sleep, drink plenty of water and all that basic stuff you already know.

Unless you go on some drastic cabbage soup diet or whatever... but you'll just put weight back on after you begin to eat normally again so that's a bit futile. :confused:

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Not eating until 4 in the afternoon works.. (and make that meal small, and eat nothing until 4pm the next day)
[no excersise or increased water intake necessary]

It's just a suggestion - and it works like a charm ;) :eek:

ps: don't do this.

arrested development
HSC
jooobl said:
Not eating until 4 in the afternoon works.. (and make that meal small, and eat nothing until 4pm the next day)
[no excersise or increased water intake necessary]

It's just a suggestion - and it works like a charm ;) :eek:

ps: don't do this.

no, that's really stupid. makes zero sense.

if anything it'd be better to eat breakfast, lunch and then skip dinner. in fact, if you're serious about losing weight it's recommended that you don't eat after 5pm at all.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
plus if you can see that the weight is "sticking" to certain areas then when exercising do exercises specifically to tone those areas.
You can't choose where you'd like to take the fat from. Spot reduction is impossible.

in fact, if you're serious about losing weight it's recommended that you don't eat after 5pm at all.
Can you explain the rationale behind this please?

ediisjoz

HSC
size 10 isn't exactly HEFFA. it's still quite tiny. why does it matter? it's hsc. everyone <especially girls> puts on weight during hsc.
the end.

ediisjoz

HSC
^ what he said. flavour = water. you'd lose weight because you have to wee heaps. cool story.

arrested development
HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
Can you explain the rationale behind this please?
BECAUSE IF YOU MAKE SURE YOU'RE CONSUMING THE BULK OF YOUR CALORIES EARLIER IN THE DAY THEN YOU HAVE MORE TIME TO BURN THEM OFF.

okkkkkkkkkkk? :)

arrested development
HSC
katy-g said:
I really dont care how i do it... i just need to do it in 24 days.
you can get a weight loss pill (duromine) from really dodgy doctors, but it'll probably make you fat again after you stop taking them and they are actually so dangerous that they're banned in the UK.

otherwise there are plenty of really awful things you can do to lose weight quickly, but you'll just end up sick and grumpy. as long as you're eating healthy foods and exercising there's not much else to do. it's fairly simple. calorie intake < energy burned.

katy-g

HSC
Yeh i figured as much. I just have to be heaps conscious of what i eat which is shit... cos i just like food too much.

Skeeta

HSC
eat some really dodgy chicken thats been sitting in a buffet for about a week

guarranteed to lose at least 10 kilos.

its NOT actually recommended because you will probably feel like you are going to die. But yeah it happened to me! And i lost about 10 kilos in 2 weeks :uhhuh:

It would have been cool if i didnt weigh only 50 kg to start with :eek:

on things that actually might be a bit better for you. try 1,2,3,4 detox (or maybe its 4,3,2,1). Its some thing that you mix with water for a week or two and it detoxes your system. My mum went on it, and she lost about 2 kilos (but i'm assuming the benefits would be greater if you actually exercised etc). Tastes like shit though...

vern

HSC
Nothing wrong with size 10, curves totally are better than thin girls anyway.

katy-g

HSC
Yeh im thinking bout that. I have some 'Slim Fast' mixtures and stuff but i dont know how keen i am on using them, but i do think they'll be a good way to go atm.

God... im too frightened to try on my bridesmaid dress until i loose weight!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)