ZOMG... Im now a Heffa. (1 Viewer)

arrested development
HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
That makes absolutely no sense. You are not going to burn more calories because you finish eating earlier. Your body doesn't decide to start burning calories after you've finished eating for the day.

The only effect I can see of not eating after 5pm is promoting catabolism and slowing your metabolism.
ummmm most people tend to not exercise late at night after eating dinner and such. if one eats a huge meal at, say, 9pm and then just sits around for the rest of the night before going to bed then there isn't the same chance for the calories to be burned.

it's very good to eat a large breakfast (kick starts your metabolism), a filling lunch and then a small, light dinner early in the evening.

it doesn't slow down your metabolism, quite the opposite actually.

katy-g

HSC
I had 2 weetbix this morning, a mandrin and an apple for breaky... Although that was at like 11 o clock cos i slept in... But still.

LOL.

Lunch im not quite sure what to have... I have 2 minute noodles but im thinking they are deceiving and carb-ish. I was also thinking i could run down to my local shops and get a sushi... cos that'd be nice right now too. Is sushi fattening?

Skeeta

HSC
sushi (if you're talking about nori rolls - with rice) probably are as "carby" as 2 minute noodles. Rice is carbs

it also depends on what the sushi has in it, although it looks healthy, the stuff in the middle might be high-fat?

katy-g

HSC
Yeh true, i didnt think about that...

We dont really have any fresh food in my fridge to make a salad or anything.. Plus im trying to steer off carbs...

Any suggestions?

lala2

Banned
HSC
I heard that you only need to burn 100 calories a day to maintain weight, so just burn more than 100 calories a day and you'll be good. Go to the gym, walk to the local shops (and challenge yourself progressively every day so that, if it's like a 10 minute walk, you can do it in 7 minutes by the end or something like that), drive as little as possible, and keep your brain challenged--apparently your brain uses 20% of your body energy each day (not sure but that'd explain why the smartest girls in my grade are so damn thin!)

HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
and keep your brain challenged--apparently your brain uses 20% of your body energy each day (not sure but that'd explain why the smartest girls in my grade are so damn thin!)
Damn no wonder i have put on weight this year...damn being a bludgy uni student! haha

hYperTrOphY

HSC
if one eats a huge meal at, say, 9pm and then just sits around for the rest of the night before going to bed then there isn't the same chance for the calories to be burned.
Firstly, I didn't propose one eat a "large meal". Secondly, I'm still not comprehending your logic. Eating late at night is not going to prevent those calories from being burned, even if you don't do any exercise after consuming them that specific day. Your body doesn't shut-down when you go to sleep, store anything not burned as fat, and then re-boot in the morning. How is it any different to exercising first thing in the morning and then proposing that you shouldn't eat again for the rest of the day because you're not going to burn it? As a side note, you do realise that exercise isn't the only mechanism whereby calories are burned, right?

I fully appreciate the fact that while you are sleeping and perhaps even at night, you may not be burning as many calories as during the day. However, I still do not understand why this should equate with starving your body of nutrients for 14hours. Further, I still don't believe you have been able to justify your [popular] proposition.

it doesn't slow down your metabolism, quite the opposite actually.
It slows your metabolism because you are not consuming any food for approximately 14 hrs (assuming you wake at around 7am). Your metabolism increases in speed with a high frequency of meals. So how does consuming no meals for such a long time go to achieving a more efficient metabolism?

I am seriously interested in understanding how, by not eating after 5pm, your metabolism increases, you avoid catabolism, and you create an environment more conducive to fat loss. I am by no means saying that it is completely wrong, but the logic proposed so far, in my opinion, seems wrong.

Last edited:

arrested development
HSC
Oh my god. I can't even be bothered reading that. Why are you starting an argument out of nothing? The girl wants to know how to lose weight. I am thin. This is how I stay thin. The end.

Monz

HSC
Katy, you look stunning no matter what, i don't think you need to lose weight...but if you really want to, then steering away from carbs isn't the best thing, just make sure you steer away from simple carbs (e.g sugars) and don't trust the whole 'low gi' thing, cause they say milo is low gi but it's full of sugar! Anyway lotsa and lotsa vegies...vegies are good, as are high fibre foods cause they keep you fuller.
Hehe, btw i found you, hahaha...do you know who it is? you must...

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i think attitude to food has alot to do with it. like you see alot of people who just shove food in their mouths because its there and they can and yeah. like they're eating hay or something. to avoid overeating i try to eat everything with a knife and fork although i forget alot of the time. and i sit down and make a big deal out of it.
its ok to eat what you enjoy, but in moderation. i dunno. recently food gives me no joy. so im not stuffing my face with worthless food. attitude

also, there's xenical which gives you runs out your anus when you eat too much fat (ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. shock treatment i think) and theres reductil which tells your brain youre not hungry

i also dont do alot of carbs at all. if youre hungry just make a nice salad. seriously
think how good fresh vegies sounds. now GO

katy-g

HSC
Hahha... hi Monz. Now we can be forum buddies... twice over LOL.

Thanks for the confidence boost too. But yea... just getting pudgy.

I think you'd appreciate y i didnt post this in our other forum. Can you imagine the uproar???!

HSC
N/A
Hmm Katy have you tried the dress on yet?

Chances are the scales could be screwy ;) Alternatively, you might just have put on some curves BUT are still the same dress size, ie the dress could still fit!

Whilst I think a lot of people do put on some weight in their HSC year, a number of girls including myself sort of went through the final stage of puberty :p and got a little (ok, 2 cup sizes is more than just a little) curvier. Still the same dress size though, still can fit into all the same clothes :)

That aside, I don't think it's worth trying to do crazy stuff to loose a whole lot of weight just to fit into a dress. a) it's not healthy to loose more than about 4 kilos between now and wedding, and b) with the HSC going on, realistically unless you are VERY dedicated it'll be hard to shift that weight (heh, we're all human). Can you try the dress on? Maybe it will fit. If it doesn't, then I'm sure you can get it altered between now and the wedding :) Think in the long-term perspective - if you are already of a healthy weight (size 10 is still pretty small!!!) and in the middle of your HSC, why do crazy stuff to fit into a dress? In my opinion, it's not worth it :p Love the person you are now! Every shape can look good!

But for now if you're looking at toning up, I suggest you stick to some sort of regular exercise (cardio is good), eat healthy and don't overeat. What you WANT is to build up a happy, healthy and fast metabolism. The moment you start crazy stuff is the moment when it will start to go out of whack ;)

katy-g

HSC
I tried it on.... It fits... kinda.

It like hugs me in areas it didnt used to.. But i suppose it could be wearable...

But im still gonna try and shed AT LEAST a couple of kgs b4 the wedding.

HSC
N/A
hahaha yay!

From a seamstress point of view, the dress is probably ok unless it's a strapless tube made out of lycra :p

Most dresses are cut to be fitting on the bust and waist, but then they flare out from the hips and become semi fitted/totally loose (depending on dress). So let's look at it this way - if you were going to put on weight, you've put it on in the best possible place :D yay for katy!

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
cold water in the morning and leave the carbs to the am's

small meals every 3 hrs

swim regularly

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Tulipa said:
for me eating 7 or so small meals a day when i'm fairly active and at uni works really well.

plus if you can see that the weight is "sticking" to certain areas then when exercising do exercises specifically to tone those areas.

sorry not much help. good luck anyways
You can't get rid of fat selectively, only build muscle selectively.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I regularly lose/gain 3-4kg's in the space of a couple of days without even trying. Winrar.

Skeeta

HSC
ugh i have a treadmill

i think ive used it... once :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)