06ers (and others I spose): Are you still talking to your school friends? (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
So its been over two months now since we have not been at school and not been with our school friends 5/7 days a week. So have your relationships deteriorated at all? Was it what you expected? Have any friends stopped talking to you that you didn't expect? Have you? How has your lifed changed? etc. etc.

Personally, alot of the relationships have broken down. I was actually surprised at how little i really wanted to talk to many people. But with all the people that i truelly connected with its been goodish. But a little weird because we're all at different uni's and you know - the tyranny of distance makes it hard(er).

Last edited:

SweetSeasons

HSC
been 2 years since school finished for me.. and to be honest there are very few ppl I went to school with that I enjoy spending time with now.. and the ones I enjoy spending time with I hardly see because every one's got their own lifes now..

I don't mind, I like it this way.. makes it easy to leave when I finish uni.

BlackDragon

HSC
I find it weird how people make amazing friends, friends they love, but then they go their separate ways to achieve their own things. I mean, is there no friendship that can make two people want to spend the rest of their lives with each other? Like the love in a marriage, or more? Or do we just need any friend of a certain quality to fill the void? i.e. Does it really depend on the person? Or are we just 'islands' who need any people to, as i said, fill the void or an emotion position in our minds?

Last edited:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
very deep up there

i try to keep in contact with some of the girls from my grade, but we dont live that close. i've kept in pretty regular contact with my 2 best friends (lower grades), mainly because we live really close and we are all the trustees of a charity

dodgyfilokid

HSC
I still keep in contact with my bestie and 3 otha mates...we even formed (me and bestie and my otha mate) a tripod hahaha...we try and meet up twice a month and we call/sms each otha..as for the other ppl i do talk to them or see them occassionally but apart from that communication is dead really..it surprises me that the people i used to be reall good mates wit r now the ones that dont bother talkin to me or vice versa

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
BlackDragon said:
I find it weird how people make amazing friends, friends they love, but then they go their separate ways to achieve their own things. I mean, is there no friendship that can make two people want to spend the rest of their lives with each other? Like the love in a marriage, or more? Or do we just need any friend of a certain quality to fill the void? i.e. Does it really depend on the person? Or are we just 'islands' who need any people to, as i said, fill the void or an emotion position in our minds?
Yea there are friendships like that.

I still keep a very close (closer than most people I have met in Australia) friendship with friends in China after I came over. It's funny because we were only primary school classmates but we are such close group of friends.

Um. Most of my high school frds are overseas. So no, I havent contact any of my school friends... xD

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
yeh me and my mates go clubbin at least every 2 weeks

HSC
N/A
Still in contact with a few of the girls. But not close-close (since we were never there anyway).

In a nutshell: yes relationships have deteriorated, and yes I was expecting it. I'm perfectly happy with the way things have worked out... I don't feel you should have to remain forever 'close' with someone just because you knew each other on friendly terms way back in high school. By all means if you're good friends, you can stay good friends - but high school is not the only place you meet/make those kinds of friends :)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I talk to one person from high school regularly. But that's cause she's the awesome and we've been really good friends for years through very weird situations.

Apart from that I was thankful to get away from a lot of my high school "friends". Uni friends are so much better.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
well theres about 30 people all up in my school 'group' ... of those i was pretty close to about 10 of them and the rest were/are just, u know, normal friends. Umm so far i've managed to stay in contact with most of them although i can tell which ones i will stay more permanently close to. it's been surprisingly easy, whenever we havent all seen each other in a bit someone has a party/gathering.

although, something interesting i've noticed about my own friendships, although im sure it applies to other people: you sometimes stay closer to people whom you have to work at maintaining the friendship with. eg - my best friend and i have never gone to the same school in our lives, and for the best part of 7 years have lived like an hour away from each other, yet we're still really close even though we only see each other every few months. whereas half the friends i saw nearly every day for at least three years, im going to lose contact with eventually.

BlackDragon

HSC
Yes. I hated my school really. I can't wait to go to uni to make friends with people who are interesting and smart and similar to me- And having freedom as a young adult and learning what i want to about the world.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
BlackDragon said:
Yes. I hated my school really. I can't wait to go to uni to make friends with people who are interesting and smart and similar to me- And having freedom as a young adult and learning what i want to about the world.
It's pretty awesome.

I keep in vague touch with this one girl but that's only to hear about how fat people are getting or how pathetic their boyfriends are or how they've become beauticians.

Comes in handy when you feel like a laugh.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
BlackDragon said:
as if u can hate ur school.. unless u were a social outcast ?

BlackDragon

HSC
No I had heaps of friends. But i ended up realising most of them weren't really for me and we drifted apart a bit. And the rest were idiots. (Most people thought so)

Last edited:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
well after 6yrs with high school mates.. i think that that is a ridiculus attitude

Uncle Jonny

HSC
sando said:
well after 6yrs with high school mates.. i think that that is a ridiculus attitude
..thanks for that man. well put.

On a completey unrelated comment, It was once said to me that

"only the stupid ones remain friends"
6:11 Book of PwarYuex

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
sando said:
Are you freaking kidding me? It's very possible to hate your school. Six years with the same people can really suck.

Mine was a fucking hellhole with bitches left right and center. For me friends weren't "school mates", they were people I tolerated until I could get the hell out.

Graduating was bliss.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
im not sure what kind of wierdo schools u go 2.. but i got along with everyone in my year

L

littlewing69

sando said:
im not sure what kind of wierdo schools u go 2.. but i got along with everyone in my year

Have you ever read your own posts back to yourself?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)