06ers (and others I spose): Are you still talking to your school friends? (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Very few of my mates have called me since then plus I haven't really bothered calling them so I guess the relationships have started to break down. I'll be looking to make some new friends in O week / start of uni.

BlackDragon

HSC
sando said:
well after 6yrs with high school mates.. i think that that is a ridiculus attitude
Yes because it is totally out of the question that people can grow apart. And it is also totally out of the question that the world is different to your experiences and what you think the world is like?
Right?

Just because you're with them for 6 years (11 for me actually), it doesn't mean they're [always going to remain] your friends.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
sando said:
im not sure what kind of wierdo schools u go 2.. but i got along with everyone in my year
North Shore all girls Catholic Independent high school.

Otherwise known as the haven for snobby bitches who aren't good enough for PLC or are too good for northern beaches schools.

Trust me, all girls schools are normally hell.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
BlackDragon said:
Yes because it is totally out of the question that people can grow apart. And it is also totally out of the question that the world is different to your experiences and what you think the world is like?
Right?

Just because you're with them for 6 years (11 for me actually), it doesn't mean they're [always going to remain] your friends.

so you dont have friends anymore ?

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
sando said:
did you ever think twice about your username ? .. its even corny if you were a female, which ur not (i think)
Is that supposed to be a comeback? Cos it's shit.

On topic, so what if it's six years? Most people have friends they've known for longer than that. Besides, you make and lose friends during school, and in my case I started getting to know my current friends in year 8 or 9.

I still see my friends that go to Usyd quite often. As for those that are elsewhere, we meet up every now and then, but otherwise there's not much contact.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
jb_nc said:
I think I will keep in contact with maybe 2 or 3 of my "group" who aren't going to my university and get to know other members of my school who are going to the same university (along with other people). But none of my clique/group/whatever are planning to go to university at all, so it would be hard to keep in contact with them even if I wanted to.

I'll just replace them with newer, better university friends.
yeh thats the same with me.. alot of my friends didnt put much effort in the hsc so they will be at tafe

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
BlackDragon said:
not many. i'm cool with that though. - anyway, my good friends were never from my school.
far enough.

friends are important to me... so ill be keeping my old mates and looking to make new ones at uni (esp the ladies.. lol)

HSC
N/A
I too was happy to graduate. I didn't hate everyone in my grade, we just didn't get along all that well.

Although I'm open minded enough to believe that it's possible for people to have experiences that are different to mine.

L

littlewing69

sando said:
far enough.

friends are important to me... so ill be keeping my old mates and looking to make new ones at uni (esp the ladies.. lol)

It's hard to keep tabs on your mates after a while.

And what was that you said about the Premier's??

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
woah.. one of the mods just did a major deleting session.. i was only gettin my opinion across

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
In the last two years of high school, i was getting really sick of my group and actually couldn't wait to start uni and make new friends. Surprisingly, more than three years after graduation, our friendship is stronger than ever - we usually go out together for a girls night every Friday. I love them to bits.

As for other friends, I also keep in touch with most of them since a lot of us went to both high school AND primary school together. I don't see them as much but we try to catch up every once in a while.

sando: stay on topic please

Raginsheep

HSC
Something like 40% of my school goes to the same university as me so I'm bound to see a few friends and people from school even if I didn't want to :p

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I was only with my friends this year (2006) for a year because of doing Pathways, but I've met a few really good friends who I will definentely be keeping in contact with. I see one of them quite a lot, she's one of my best friends so I'm glad I stayed back :)

I guess we'll see what happens when everyone starts uni etc next year though, because that's when things really start to change.

The friends I'd been with for 6 years, some since primary school so more like 13 years finished school last year. I've kept in regular contact with quite a few of them on msn/text/myspace but its been really hard to find a chance to actually catch up because people are working, have uni and I had school. I lost contact with a lot of people though because when it came down to it the only thing in common we had was being at the same school. It's sad how people who you were so close to can grow apart, but I guess that's life.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
BlackDragon said:
I find it weird how people make amazing friends, friends they love, but then they go their separate ways to achieve their own things. I mean, is there no friendship that can make two people want to spend the rest of their lives with each other? Like the love in a marriage, or more? Or do we just need any friend of a certain quality to fill the void? i.e. Does it really depend on the person? Or are we just 'islands' who need any people to, as i said, fill the void or an emotion position in our minds?
yeah weird hey? i think you are more likely to stay friends if you've been through something.

i look at my newer friends and look at other newer people i am less close to and when i think about it, i love them all the same, i can see myself just as friendly with the other people as with my own people. that can scare me, because there's nothing holding us together at the moment besides proximity and therefore maybe convenience. it's not until we actually have to help each other out that it'll become more than that. and even then, friends come and go, i don't like it, i prefer things to be as close to stable as possible, it makes it hard to know who you can trust as a close friend, consequently i tend to keep myself quite emotionally detached, which doesn't help the situation.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
although, something interesting i've noticed about my own friendships, although im sure it applies to other people: you sometimes stay closer to people whom you have to work at maintaining the friendship with. eg - my best friend and i have never gone to the same school in our lives, and for the best part of 7 years have lived like an hour away from each other, yet we're still really close even though we only see each other every few months. whereas half the friends i saw nearly every day for at least three years, im going to lose contact with eventually.
yep. maybe there's more than the one common and meaningless bond (e.g. school) keeping you together? it's not a friendship of convenience? you don't see each other all the time so you don't drive each other nuts?

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I'll stay friends with my high school friends probably till death. We're a pretty fucked up bunch, and though we don't see each other as much nowdays, we still click as if we never left high school.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Yea. Some friends you keep forever even without attempting to keep in contact. you somehow click whenever you meet up, despite havent talk to each other for years.

Then there are some who just not worth keep in contact.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Agree with everything said above by everybody. I only have a few school friends left, but I'm facing the problem of meeting some interesting people who would make good uni friends but I have an 18th to organise :( pooh. Sucks turning 18 when you're in your second year of uni, and you're not even sure whether these people qualify as good enough friends to invite to. And inviting all 30 of my old school "group"--that's not an option. I had no real feelings for them during school, and I'm not gonna attempt to now. But this quote really I relate with:

i look at my newer friends and look at other newer people i am less close to and when i think about it, i love them all the same, i can see myself just as friendly with the other people as with my own people. that can scare me, because there's nothing holding us together at the moment besides proximity and therefore maybe convenience. it's not until we actually have to help each other out that it'll become more than that. and even then, friends come and go, i don't like it, i prefer things to be as close to stable as possible, it makes it hard to know who you can trust as a close friend, consequently i tend to keep myself quite emotionally detached, which doesn't help the situation.
It's all so hard :(

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
LottoX said:
Just get EVERYONE to go to the same university. =D
Lol, i wish...im pretty sure i'll be the only one out of my closer friends to go to usyd (well i plan to be there this year)...i know there's a couple of people from my year going but i was never really friends with them. hehe, looks like this is the time to get closer to people you never thought you would :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)