06ers (and others I spose): Are you still talking to your school friends? (1 Viewer)

HSC
P_Dilemma said:
Cant trust uni friends?! :eek: That'd be horrible!

yeah, i haven't met up with my school buddies these days. Mostly because they were either overseas, busy playing with themselves, or employed. I've only met up with ONE school friend these holidays so far...

-P_D

yea... OMG.. like i heard 20 normos were or still are at HK...

hehe...

:)

john31459

HSC
N/A
Yes and no.

I've kept in contact with, and actually gotten closer to a few high school friends since leaving, but they aren't the ones I thought I'd remain friends with (if that makes sense).

More recently it turned out most of my uni friends were just using me, but there's always some awesome ones I couldn't live with out :)

BlackDragon

HSC
john31459 said:
Yes and no.

I've kept in contact with, and actually gotten closer to a few high school friends since leaving, but they aren't the ones I thought I'd remain friends with (if that makes sense).

More recently it turned out most of my uni friends were just using me, but there's always some awesome ones I couldn't live with out :)
using you for what?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
I've been in touch with most of my school friends since school finished, whilst getting to know others a lot better. Although, i believe that it'll be hard to keep in touch with a lot of them as the years progress.

mitsui said:
Yea. Some friends you keep forever even without attempting to keep in contact. you somehow click whenever you meet up, despite havent talk to each other for years.

Then there are some who just not worth keep in contact.
Yeah, i've met up with lots of my friends whom i haven't seen for years. I forgot how it use to be between us, but once i saw them again, everything just came back and were still close as we were before. But, i'll be leaving them again, once i get back to australia =[

mitsui said:
I am basically the only one i know going UTS =)
Kinda looking forward to a different path to everyone else (involve in a more non-asian-dominated society and etc. LOL)
I'll be at UTS this year Jing.

Monstar

HSC
i hear its quite hard to establish friends within the first year of uni.. is it true?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Monstar said:
i hear its quite hard to establish friends within the first year of uni.. is it true?
It depends.

For me it was really easy as my course (Creative Arts) only has about thirty people and we take pretty much the same core classes throughout the year, so it wasn't hard to hang out a lot together.

If you're in an arts degree though, taking all different classes and you know no one, then I guess it would be pretty hard.

Skeeta

HSC
I'm in the same situation as Tulipa, although there is 100-ish people in my course, its centrally timetabled so we all do exactly the same classes.

Easy peasy

hannahxxx

HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
It's mainly MSN talks now, but I don't talk to many, just around...maybe 5? I was a social outcast, even though I speak to some people, but I was never remembered.

Must make something of myself first, so I'd be a shadow no more.
Hehe I admire people who say it like it is! The only things my friends at highschool did were bitch, get drunk and copulate. I probably won't stay close to them-they weren't ambitious( I am) and I hate being around people who don't put some kind of effort in. My pool of friends this year in uni will consist of: two v. close friends from school, some really crazy girls in my soccer team and a few mates I have down in Sydney. The rest of the people at my school can get screwed- they've never said anything to me that would warrant them any respect.

Note: just because you've been thrown together with a rubbish tip of random people in high school doesn't mean that, by some divine fate, your SUPPOSED make friends and stay that way for the rest of your life. Some people have naturally incompatible personalities.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
lately ive been headin out 2 clubs and seein sum people from school who i never really talked 2 cos they were 2 busy in the computer room lol.. but now they r nice people

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
durnig the uni year i hardly saw anyone from school. Got kinda depressed about it cos we had all been friends for 4 or more years. And it was hard to settle into uni i found. But then, started talking to a few on msn that had moved away and we became closer in a way than we were before. Now that its holidays, ive hung out with more people that i wasnt all that close to and have hardly seen 2 that i considered my closest friends. I guess stuff changes round.

sl3epyAZN

HSC
Yeah most of my friends have all dissappeared or so called friends after hsc. But im stil in contact with one of them. We stil talk on the phone, work 2gether, hang out and stuff, talk about anything to each other. Well you realise who your real friends are and who are just using you.some just talk occasionally on msn and besides that. end of communication.

daledugahole

HSC
A lot of my friends are busy with work so I don't see them that often but still keep in touch.

Geographically it's hard to keep in touch with some of my friends. We see each other now and then at parties and stuff.

Surprisingly I've actually gotten a lot closer with my best friend from primary school because with all the hsc stuff we didn't hang out as much as we used to but now we hang out all the time which is really nice.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
if there was no such thing as myspace i would have little to no contact lol.. but from myspace we organise 2 get pissed at least once a week! lol

all.time.fiend

WANT SOME FRIES
HSC
i see the people that i want to see all the time. of course it takes more effort but these people are important to me and theyre worth it i guess

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
I still talk to alot of my year 12 friends via the net, text etc and things are all good I knew that I would stay in touch with the ppl I was close with.

jest

HSC
i was on holidays with my family during the break but now that i'm back, i still talk and hang out with my friends from school, just not as often, usually only once a week but we're all busy with work and getting ready for uni and all that

usually i'd talk to them on msn or myspace and stuff

EmmR

Vegetarian Noodles!!!
HSC
I've actually reconnected with my primary school friends more closely than my highshcool friends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)